If a negligent dog owner allows their animal to be aggressive or rambunctious, you could suffer the consequences through no fault of your own. When an out-of-control dog attacks you, you have the right to seek damages for your injuries and any financial losses you suffered because of the accident.
You can count on the Deerfield Beach dog bite lawyers at Ged Lawyers to offer experienced legal representation and help you pursue the compensation you need. Taking on the insurance company by yourself can be rough. Our team deals with cases like this regularly and can guide you on the best possible path.
Our Deerfield Beach Dog Bite Attorneys Can Handle Tough Cases
When meeting with you initially, our personal injury lawyer provides an honest assessment of your case.
Through our decades of collective experience representing clients, we know that honesty delivers the best results. You need to be able to trust us to always have your best interests in mind in everything we do on your behalf. We believe the best way to earn your trust is through honesty.
Some dog bite law firms in Deerfield Beach may promise you a certain settlement amount to try to convince you to hire them. Ged Lawyers will never do that. We will use the details of your case to determine a legal approach that suits your needs. You can rely on our team to:
- Answer all your legal questions
- Advocate for you throughout your case
- Explain the dog bite laws that apply to your case
- Gather evidence to prove liability
- Handle your case without asking for any upfront payments
Our Former Clients Leave Five-Star Reviews for Our Team Serving Deerfield Beach
After working with the team at Ged Lawyers, former clients say:
- “I want thank Maria Colon and her amazing team for all their support, time and help that they’ve done for me. Highly recommend them.” – Cathy
- “Excellent intake and discussion about the process.” – John
- “Very helpful and professional customer service. Superb experience. Highly recommend. Service from start to finish and some more.” – Eyad
You can rely on our team to provide you with top-notch service from the moment we accept your case.
Let Our Dog Bite Lawyers in Deerfield Beach, FL, Seek All the Damages You Deserve to Recover
After someone else’s dog attacks you and causes injuries, you have the right to seek damages for your:
- Medical bills: You can receive reimbursement for emergency, ongoing, and future medical costs related to your injuries.
- Lost income: If you had to miss work because of your injuries or if you will miss work in the future, you can seek reimbursement.
- Pain and suffering: If the bite leaves you with injuries that cause physical pain, you can seek an amount that reimburses you. If you will have ongoing pain, you can seek payment for this as well.
- Mental anguish: If you have a fear of dogs now, are having nightmares, or are unable to sleep because of the attack, you can seek an amount for this trauma as well.
- Reduced earning capacity: If you cannot return to the same job you once worked because of the dog attack, you may be able to recover compensation to make up for your reduced earning capacity.
We Can Determine the Value of Your Deerfield Beach Dog Bite Case
The value of your case ultimately determines the amount of money you can recover. Factors such as the severity of your injuries, their impact on your life, and your ability to return to your job may impact the value of your case.
There is no average dog bite settlement amount that clients can expect to win. Such a number does not exist. The amount of damages depends wholly on the facts of the case, and each case has unique aspects to it.
Ged Lawyers will work as hard as we can to secure a fair outcome in your case. We may give you an estimate of what we think your case is worth. However, making promises about amounts you can win is unethical behavior for any Deerfield Beach dog bite lawyer.
Determining Your Legal Options After a Dog Bite in Deerfield Beach
Dog bite victims generally have a couple of legal options. These include:
- Filing an insurance claim against the liable party
- Submitting a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party
Our team can explain more about your options and which one may be best for you when you contact us. When considering your options, you should know that:
Ged Lawyers Takes Pride in Our Negotiating Skills
One of the most important services we provide for clients is negotiating with the insurance company for them. These negotiations are important because settlement amounts for pain and suffering and mental anguish are not set in stone.
Our team uses the facts in your case to show the insurance company why you deserve the amount we are requesting. Because we work so hard in preparing for and in executing our strategy during negotiations, insurance companies rarely like to see us sitting across the negotiating table from them.
You certainly could try to negotiate with the insurer on your own without hiring our Deerfield Beach dog bite law firm. However, because insurance companies deal with cases like this every day, while you probably are going through this situation for the first time, you could be at a disadvantage. Our team’s experience may tilt the playing field in your favor.
Don’t Wait Too Long to File Your Dog Bite Lawsuit
It’s important to note that Florida Statutes § 95.11 gives victims up to two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If we join the case too late, we could be past the deadline, so it’s important to call us as early as possible.
Contact Our Dog Attack Lawyers in Deerfield Beach Today for a Free Case Review
At Ged Lawyers, our team is prepared to assess your case and provide insight into how the legal process works. We will guide your case and advocate for you each step of the way when you hire us.
If you are ready to discuss how we can help you and your situation, reach out for a free consultation as soon as possible.