Brain injuries, also called traumatic brain injuries (TBI), typically occur when you suffer a blow or jolt to the head. You could suffer a TBI if something strikes or pierces your head or if you come to a sudden stop that causes your brain to hit the inside of your skull.
If you or someone you love suffered a brain injury during a car accident, fall, or other incident caused by another’s negligence, you could pursue damages for your injuries. The Boynton Beach personal injury lawyers at GED Lawyers can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Signs of a Traumatic Brain Injury
Signs of a brain injury aren’t always immediately apparent. Symptoms may be masked by adrenaline after an accident and only appear days or weeks later. Initial signs to watch for include:
- Unusual fatigue or sleepiness
- Dizziness and loss of coordination
- Headache, blurred vision, and ringing in the ears
- Nausea or vomiting
- Speech problems
- Light and sound sensitivity
- Loss of consciousness
- Inability to sleep or sleeping excessively
- Mood swings, depression, anxiety, and irritability
- Trouble with memory or concentration
These symptoms may worsen over time, accompanied by seizures, agitation, slurred speech, and coma in more severe cases. Prompt medical attention is crucial if you suspect a brain injury. Treatment can help mitigate long-term effects and prevent fatal complications. However, medical treatment for brain injuries can be expensive, and a full recovery is not guaranteed.
Lasting Effects of a Brain Injury
Even mild brain injuries or concussions can cause long-term impairment that affects your quality of life. Some of the symptoms can prevent you from working or even performing normal, everyday tasks.
TBI often requires hospitalization, and patients with severe brain injuries may require long-term nursing and domestic care. Families of victims with these injuries can face significant challenges in every aspect of their lives. Unprecedented medical costs, lost income, and emotional distress can all compromise your quality of life and that of your loved ones.
At GED Lawyers, we understand that a brain injury can be overwhelming. Our brain injury lawyers can guide you throughout the legal process.
Pursuing Compensation For a Boynton Beach Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injuries often occur due to preventable circumstances, such as car accidents and falls. You should not have to pay the mental and financial toll for a brain injury caused by another person. When the injury is due to someone else’s negligence, you have a legal right to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
We can pursue damages that reflect every loss you incurred from the accident, including:
- Medical expenses, such as surgery, hospital stays, rehabilitation, and in-home care
- Lost current and future income
- Reduced income potential and career loss
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
If your injuries prevent you from performing the routine tasks you previously did, such as childcare, cleaning, and shopping, you could also claim compensation for the cost of those services.
How Our Boynton Beach Brain Injury Attorneys Can Help
When you work with GED Lawyers, you benefit from decades of hands-on experience in Florida injury law. Our dedicated lawyers in Boynton Beach can handle every aspect of your legal claim, so you can take the time you need to heal. We can:
- Compile Documentation: We gather evidence, such as medical records, bills, invoices, and financial statements, to establish the scope and extent of your losses. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, we may also obtain photos and videos of the accident scene and reconstruct the incident to prove fault.
- Take Witness Statements: Our team interviews witnesses who observed your head injury to establish the accident timeline and establish liability.
- Obtain Expert Opinions: A medical practitioner who specializes in brain injuries can outline the ways your injuries resulted in impairment or permanent disability, substantiating claims for long-term medical support and financial assistance.
- Negotiate with Insurers: Whether your injury was due to a car accident or a fall on someone else’s property, the at-fault party may have insurance coverage. Our brain injury attorneys in Boynton Beach thoroughly investigate the incident that caused your injury so we can determine who to pursue. We can file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company and work to negotiate a fair settlement for your losses.
- File a Lawsuit: Our trial attorneys are well-versed in the intricacies of brain injury claims and can file a lawsuit for the full scope of your brain injury losses, if necessary. Florida law now gives two years to file a personal injury suit. A lawyer can help you file within the deadline.
Tireless Representation From Brain Injury Attorneys in Boynton Beach
At GED Lawyers, we know that a brain injury creates deeply personal obstacles unique to each person. We provide personalized legal representation tailored to your needs, so you can focus on your recovery.
Outstanding Case Results
Since 1995, GED Lawyers have advocated for the legal rights of injury victims in Boynton Beach and throughout Florida. We’ve established a reputation for success (with millions recovered in settlements and verdicts for our clients) and bring this winning energy and dedication to every case.
Legal Assistance on a Contingency Fee
When you or a loved one suffers a brain injury, the financial aftermath can be devastating. With this in mind, our Boynton Beach injury lawyers provide free consultations. We can review your case details and determine whether you have grounds to pursue a claim.
If we take your case, our team can immediately begin work at no upfront cost. We handle our injury claims on contingency, which means you only pay for our legal services if we win your case.
Contact a Boynton Beach Brain Injury Lawyer Today
A brain injury can be a life-altering experience, with extensive physical, mental, and financial challenges. You do not have to face these challenges alone. We’re here to guide you through this challenging time.
Contact the compassionate Boynton Beach brain injury attorneys at GED Lawyers today to discuss your legal options during your free consultation.