If your home or business has been damaged by a fire, you’ll need money for repairs, relocation, or rebuilding. You may pay monthly for business or homeowner’s insurance, but getting the payout you’re entitled to when catastrophe strikes is not always simple. When your home or livelihood is in jeopardy, the last thing you need is a fight with the insurance company, but it may be unavoidable.
At Ged Lawyers, your fight is our fight. If your property was harmed in a Coconut Creek fire, our damage claims lawyer can submit your insurance claim and help you get the money your policy promises. We offer a free consultation with a member of our legal team who can help you understand your rights in Florida.
Our Coconut Creek Attorney Offers Legal Help at Any Stage of the Fire Damage Claims Process
Our property damage claims attorneys can assist you no matter where you are in the insurance claims process. We are equipped with decades of experience working with and fighting against insurance companies to obtain proper payouts for our property damage clients. Our insurance claims lawyers can assist you with:
- Initiating a fire damage claim
- Investigating the cause of the fire and gathering evidence
- Countering unfair settlement offers
- Appealing a claim denial
Our property damage law firm has the resources and knowledge to facilitate your case at any stage of the insurance claims process. It’s usually a relief to our clients to know they have a legal advocate leading their case, allowing them to focus on their home or business with less stress.
Types of Cases Our Coconut Creek Fire Damage Insurance Claim Lawyers Handle
If you’ve experienced property damage due to a fire, our attorneys can assist you regardless of the type of claim. Fires can stem from a variety of sources like cooking, heating equipment, electrical systems, cigarettes, or arson. These fires can happen on any type of property. No matter what type of property you own or operate, our legal team can help you. The Coconut Creek fire damage attorneys at our firm can represent:
- Single-family homeowners
- Multi-family homeowners
- Condo owners
- Business and commercial property owners
- Condo associations
- Homeowners’ associations
- Vehicle owners
If you’ve insured your property and paid your premiums, the insurance company must evaluate your claim fairly and pay out the money you are entitled to. We’re here to make sure that happens.
Your Coconut Creek Insurance May Cover Fire Damage From Multiple Sources
The damage to your home or business may include personal items, the exterior of the home, the interior of the home, or even structural damage. Ultimately, the losses for which you receive compensation depend on the type of insurance coverage you hold and the terms of the policy. Some damage is immediately apparent while in other cases, it isn’t. Our fire damage attorneys in Coconut Creek, FL may be able to assist you with a claim that includes:
- Ash and smoke damage which leaves behind stains and odors, destroys air ducts, and reduces the air quality in the home or building
- Direct fire damage such as charred or melted items or fixtures
- Water damage from emergency sprinklers or a firehose used by firefighters
- Collateral damage to the structure of the building, such as holes in the walls or roof resulting from firefighters entering the property to battle the blaze
- Poor cleaning or repair methods from restoration professionals
If Your Claim Was Denied, Our Coconut Creek Fire Damage Lawyers Can Help You Appeal
If your fire damage claim was denied by the insurance company, our property damage claims lawyers can help you appeal the decision. Your claim may have been denied due to:
- Inadequate documentation or proof of damage, ownership, or source of the fire
- Failure to meet the filing deadline
- Errors in paperwork
- Lack of coverage
- Failure to disclose
- The insurer believes you provided false or misleading information
Our attorneys can review your denial letter and communicate with the insurer to understand their reasoning. Following that, we can set to work on rectifying the discrepancies between you and the insurance company, providing the proper information and evidence.
How Our Fire Damage Claims Attorneys Can Help You
It’s our job to ensure your claim is handled properly from start to finish. Your Coconut Creek property damage claims lawyer can help you:
- Review your insurance policy
- Investigate the cause of the fire
- Document the type of damage that happened to your home, building, and possessions
- Assess the value of the fire damage and repairs with the help of a public adjuster
- Submit or resubmit paperwork
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster assigned to your claim
- Negotiate your insurance payout
- File a lawsuit if the insurance company doesn’t adjust your claim fairly
- Protect your rights and represent you in court
Is There a Deadline for Filing a Fire Property Damage Claim in Florida?
Changes to property insurance laws under Senate Bill 2A passed in 2022 have shortened many of the deadlines associated with property damage claims. You now have only one year to report a claim to your insurer.
Your Property Insurance Company Has Deadlines To Follow in Coconut Creek
Insurance agencies have a legal responsibility to adjust claims timely and fairly. Under the modified Florida statutes, they also have less time to fulfill their obligations. Our fire damage lawyers serving Coconut Creek, FL are aware of the laws and will hold your insurance company to account. The Florida Homeowners Bill of Rights runs down some of the statutes insurers must abide by when handling claims. They have:
- Seven days to acknowledge they’ve received your claim and provide your next steps in writing.
- 30 days following the date they received proof of loss to explain if your claim is covered in part, covered in full, or denied when you make a request in writing.
- 60 days from the filing date of your fire damage claim to either fully pay your claim, pay the undisputed portion of the claim, or deny it. Failure to comply results in the insurer owing you interests which accrues from the filing date until payment is made.
Work With a Coconut Creek Fire Damage Insurance Lawyer From Our Law Firm
With insurance rates increasing, you owe it to yourself to stay on top of your claim and make sure you’re receiving the benefits of the policy you are paying for. If you need help with your fire damage claim, don’t take it on by yourself. Call Ged Lawyers for help protecting your legal rights. Our fire damage lawyer serving Coconut Creek and other parts of Broward County will work hard to ensure you pursue the money you’re entitled to.