At GED Lawyers, we understand flood damage can devastate any homeowner. This is especially prevalent for a state like Florida, which experiences a six-month hurricane season. Preparing for the inevitable is a difficult and extremely time-consuming process. When your property experiences damage, you’ll likely have to fight with your insurance company for compensation.
At GED Lawyers, we can handle all the legalities of your claim and take on the insurance company for the recovery you deserve. Furthermore, hiring our Naples flood damage lawyer helps if you were denied coverage. We will fight tirelessly for you. Get in touch with our disaster recovery lawyers immediately so we can review your case and work towards a fair financial recovery.
Why Hire Our Naples Flood Damage Lawyer?
There are several reasons to hire our Naples flood damage lawyer. Water or flooding issues can cause significant damage if not immediately tended to. Flood damage requires costly repairs; therefore, it’s critical you get in touch with your insurance company as soon as possible.
When homeowners file a claim alone, however, it’s easy for them to get confused, especially when considering whether the homeowner’s policy or commercial insurance will cover the cost. This could lead to inadequate compensation or, in some cases, no compensation.
Regardless of whether you received inadequate or no compensation, it can be difficult to handle your claim alone. Managing the claim alone could lead to additional stress, low payouts, and delays in receiving compensation. When you hire us, we can help you throughout the entire process, ensuring you receive fair compensation in a timely manner.
Handling the Claims Process
At GED Lawyers, we handle the process from start to finish. We want to ensure you receive the most recovery possible for your claim so all flood damage is covered. Here are some strategies we use when handling your case:
- Getting to the root cause of the water damage that caused harm to your property
- Familiarizing ourselves with the homeowners or commercial property insurance policy, so we have a better idea of what type of coverage you’re entitled to
- Working with contractors, appraisers, restoration companies, and adjusters to provide you with the fairest value possible for your claim
- Taking care of all the legalities of your case, including the copious amounts of paperwork
- Communicating directly with the insurance companies
- Negotiating with the insurance company to get you a reasonable settlement
- Appealing any denials
At GED Lawyers, we understand how devastating it can be to deal with flood damage. Therefore, we know it’s critical you receive the fairest compensation possible for your losses.
Timeline for Settling a Claim
The timeline for settling a claim depends on the nature of the case. Each case includes different factors and can vary significantly. Therefore, some claims are settled in a manner of weeks, while others take months or even years to settle.
When you meet with us for your initial consultation, there are several steps to take before settlement. We want to understand the nature of your case and how much compensation you’re entitled to. When reviewed thoroughly, this can take time. We also must put together evidence to prove your claim, review the flood damage, and put together a case.
There are a few different factors affecting the time it takes to work on your case, such as:
- The severity of the flood damage to the property
- The amount of time needed to assess the damage and gather substantial evidence
- The amount of time the insurance company needs to investigate the claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Filing an appeal, if necessary
- Continuing to negotiate, prolonging the process
These are the most common factors affecting the time it takes to complete your claim. Your lawyer at GED Lawyers will ensure we keep in touch with you to update you on your claim. Furthermore, we will hold the insurance companies to the fullest extent of the law with time limits.
Time Limits for Insurance Companies
There are laws in Florida dictating how long insurance companies must respond to their claimants. These laws are designed to prevent any delays in processing insurance claims. Called the Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights, these are the rights you have as a property owner:
- The insurance company has 14 days to respond to your water damage claim
- The insurance company is required to confirm you are either covered, denied, or if they are still investigating. After you submit a Proof of Loss statement, they must confirm this within 30 days.
- The insurance company has 90 days from the date the claim is submitted to fully investigate the flood damage and pay either in full or half of the payment owed.
- The insurance company has up to 20 days to provide you with payment if a settlement is reached.
Although these deadlines are set to protect claimants, this entire cycle restarts if the insurance company denies your claim. Therefore, it can be a tedious process from start to finish. In this case, your attorney will file an appeal and continue negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf.
Contact GED Lawyers Today
Your flood damage lawyer serving Collier County understands dealing with insurance companies can be extremely frustrating. Therefore, hiring a lawyer to deal with your claim is best. We are ready and able to fight for the compensation you deserve, and we will be with you every step of the way.
We believe everyone deserves legal representation, which is why you don’t owe us anything unless we settle your case. You can trust us to fight tirelessly for you and help you restore your property. Call now for a free consultation with a compassionate team member.