Pedestrian accidents can result in severe injuries due to the vulnerability of pedestrians on the road. If you’ve been struck by a vehicle, you may be dealing with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Insurance companies might offer settlements, but they often don’t adequately cover the full extent of your losses. That’s where a Margate pedestrian accident lawyer comes in.
At Ged Lawyers, our Margate personal injury team understands the complexities of pedestrian accident cases. We know how to investigate the incident, gather evidence, assess liability, and build a strong case on your behalf. We aim to help you recover the compensation you need to move forward with your life and recover from the physical and emotional trauma you’ve experienced.
Recoverable Damages in a Pedestrian Accident
In the unfortunate event of a pedestrian accident, the damages suffered by the injured party can be extensive and life-altering. These damages can include physical injuries, emotional distress, medical expenses, lost wages, and more. It is crucial for pedestrians involved in accidents to understand their rights and the types of recoverable damages they may be entitled to.
Our car accident lawyers can help you recover compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses: Pedestrians who have been injured in accidents often require immediate medical attention, including emergency room visits, surgeries, diagnostic tests, medications, physical therapy, and ongoing rehabilitation.
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity: Pedestrian accidents can leave victims unable to work for an extended period, resulting in lost wages and income. In such cases, an injured pedestrian may seek compensation for the wages they would have earned during their recovery period.
- Pain and suffering: Physical injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident can cause immense pain and suffering, both in the immediate aftermath and during the recovery process.
- Emotional distress and mental anguish: A pedestrian accident can have long-lasting psychological effects on the victim. Emotional distress and mental anguish suffered as a result of the accident, such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and sleep disturbances, may be compensable.
- Loss of consortium: If a pedestrian accident results in severe injuries that prove fatal, the victim’s family members may be able to claim wrongful death damages, including loss of consortium. This refers to the loss of companionship, support, and intimacy suffered by a spouse or immediate family members due to the injured person’s physical or mental condition.
- Property damage: If your personal property suffered damage in your pedestrian accident, our legal team can seek awards for this loss.
It is important to note that the specific recoverable damages and their limits may vary by jurisdiction and the circumstances of the accident. Our Margate pedestrian accident attorneys can assess your losses and pursue fair compensation from the liable parties.
How Our Margate Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Help
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Margate, FL, pedestrian accident, our team of attorneys at Ged Lawyers can help you in the following ways:
- Investigate the accident: We will conduct a thorough investigation to gather evidence, including witness statements, accident reports, and surveillance footage, to establish liability.
- Consult with expert witnesses: We work with a network of experts, including accident reconstruction specialists and medical professionals, to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Our attorneys have excellent negotiation skills and will work tirelessly to reach a fair settlement with the insurance companies. We will not settle for less than what you deserve.
- Represent you in a trial: If a fair settlement cannot be reached with an accident claim, we are prepared to take your case to court. Our car accident attorneys are dedicated litigators who will fight for your rights before a judge and jury.
- Provide comprehensive legal support: We will handle all aspects of your personal injury claim, including paperwork, communication with insurance companies, and court proceedings. You can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal complexities.
At Ged Lawyers, we’re not just attorneys; we’re advocates who are committed to securing your future. Your well-being is our priority.
Why Choose Ged Lawyers for Your Margate Pedestrian Accident Case?
When it comes to pedestrian accidents, having an attorney by your side is crucial. At Ged Lawyers, we have extensive experience in handling pedestrian accident cases in Margate and throughout Florida. Here’s why you should choose us to represent you.
Our team of attorneys has years of experience in personal injury law, specifically in pedestrian accident cases. We have successfully represented numerous accident victims in the past; just review our case results and client testimonials.
We understand that every pedestrian accident case is unique. That’s why we take a personalized approach to each client, tailoring our strategies to their specific needs and circumstances. Our attorneys will listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and provide you with the guidance you need throughout the legal process.
At Ged Lawyers, we are passionate about fighting for the rights of our clients. We will aggressively advocate for you, ensuring that your voice is heard and that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Margate, FL
Pedestrian accidents can occur due to various factors, with negligence being a common cause.
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are distracted by their phones, eating, or talking to passengers may not notice pedestrians, leading to accidents.
- Speeding: Drivers who exceed the speed limit have less time to react to pedestrians and are more likely to cause accidents.
- Drunk driving: Intoxicated drivers have impaired judgment and slower reaction times, increasing the risk of pedestrian accidents.
- Failure to yield: Drivers who fail to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks or at intersections put pedestrians at risk of injury.
- Poorly designed crosswalks: Inadequate signage, improper lighting, or poorly designed crosswalks can contribute to pedestrian accidents.
By addressing these factors and advocating for responsible behavior, we can work together to prevent pedestrian accidents and create a safer environment for pedestrians and drivers alike.
Work With Our Margate Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Margate, FL, don’t delay seeking legal representation. Contact Ged Lawyers today for a free consultation.
Our attorneys will evaluate your case, answer your questions, and provide you with the guidance you need to move forward. Remember, time is of the essence in personal injury cases, so don’t wait. Call Ged Lawyers now to protect your rights and seek the justice you deserve.