Palm Beach County, Florida, witnessed nearly 500 pedestrian accidents in 2020, resulting in 404 injuries and 43 fatalities. Many of these collisions happened because of driver negligence.
The personal injury lawyers at GED Lawyers protect the rights of those injured in pedestrian accidents, advocating on their behalf to recover just compensation for their losses. Get in touch with our Boca Raton pedestrian accident lawyers to explore your legal options.
Florida Personal Injury Lawyers Protect the Rights of Injured Pedestrians
At GED Lawyers, we know how emotionally and financially devastating a pedestrian accident can be. That’s why we take cases on a contingency-fee basis. We won’t charge you any upfront fees, and we only get paid if we resolve your case.
To advance your pedestrian accident case, we will:
- Investigate the cause of your accident
- Gather evidence, including eyewitness testimony, video footage, photos, and accident reports
- Determine the negligent parties
- Calculate your accident-related damages
- File your insurance claim and handle all communications with the other party’s representatives
Whatever it takes to resolve your case, we’re prepared to do it.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (844) 443-3529
Personal Injury Law Provides Protection for Injured Victims
Personal injury law is based on the principle of negligence, providing protection for those who have been harmed due to others’ recklessness. To establish negligence, we must demonstrate that the defendant had a duty to obey all traffic laws and failed to uphold that duty, which resulted in harm to you or your loved one.
More specifically, in a pedestrian accident case, we must prove that:
- Another party, like a driver, another pedestrian, or a bicyclist, owed you a duty of care.
- They breached that duty by acting negligently.
- Their negligence caused your accident.
- You suffered injuries and damages during the accident.
We can review the facts of your pedestrian accident to determine who was at fault, gather evidence that proves their negligence, and represent your need for compensation during negotiations or court hearings.
Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
We’re Prepared To Seek Compensation for Your Pedestrian Accident
Compensation in your Boca Raton pedestrian accident case may include:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses resulting from the accident
- Lost wages and loss of earned sick and vacation time
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Other damages resulting from the accident
How Much Compensation Will I Get for My Pedestrian Accident?
No two pedestrian accidents are the same; each situation comes with its own set of recoverable damages. Without reviewing your case, we can’t explain how much you can seek. However, these factors could affect how much you can recover:
- How old you were at the time of the accident
- The number of liable parties we can hold accountable
- The type and severity of your injuries
- Whether the court deems you partially at fault for the accident per the state’s comparative negligence rule, Florida Statutes § 768.81
We can review your medical bills, wage statements, and other resources to determine the value of your case. Then, we can use that figure to negotiate a settlement that reflects your situation.
Types of Pedestrian Accident Injuries You Can Get Compensation For
Pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic and fatal injuries. The more severe your injuries, the more costly and intensive treatment is. We can help you recover much-needed compensation to help you pay for your necessary expenses.
We advocate for people who have suffered these injuries in pedestrian accidents:
- Bone fractures
- Loss of limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
We also advocate for families who have lost loved ones. If you suffered any type of hardship in a pedestrian accident, we’re ready to champion your rights.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents Around Boca Raton
We will investigate your case to determine whether any of these factors caused your collision:
- Distracted driving, like texting and driving
- Impaired driving due to alcohol or drug use
- Unsafe turns
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Failure to yield to pedestrians
- Failure to look for pedestrians when turning, backing up, or driving forward
- Roadway hazards, like cracked sidewalks or steep curbs
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident?
After learning the cause of your accident, we can pursue compensation from one or more of the following parties:
- Another pedestrian
- Government agencies responsible for maintaining sidewalks, crossings, and trails
- Parts manufacturers
- Property owners and businesses
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit for My Pedestrian Accident?
In general, you have four years from the date of your pedestrian accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. If you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you have just two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Your Boca Raton pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm needs as much time as possible to investigate your accident, gather evidence, and build a case against the negligent parties. To protect your right to compensation, we suggest connecting with our team as soon as possible.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians in South Florida
Many pedestrians make the mistake of assuming that drivers and cyclists can see them; this misconception can have serious consequences. Some pedestrians walk with headphones plugged in, distracted by their cell phones, or oblivious to the traffic around them. When you are walking on or near a road, you must pay attention to your surroundings and obey traffic laws.
By following these simple safety tips, pedestrians can reduce their risk of experiencing accidents:
- Only cross at designated intersections or crosswalks.
- Obey all traffic walk signals.
- When walking at night, wear reflective gear and carry flashlights.
- When walking in inclement weather, take extra precautions to ensure your safety
- Always watch for oncoming traffic.
- Wait for cars to yield to you before crossing a street.
- Walk against traffic, not with traffic, if you have to walk on the road.
By making yourself visible to drivers – particularly while walking on the roadways in the dark – you increase the likelihood that drivers will see you. Always be alert to oncoming traffic and make smart choices about where and when to cross a roadway.
We Are Dedicated to Fighting on Your Behalf
At GED Lawyers, we believe that, if you suffered harm in a pedestrian accident, the responsible party should be held accountable. Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to aggressively fighting on your behalf, with a track record of success in recovering just compensation for your injuries.
Contact our office to schedule a free case review to discuss your pedestrian accident. GED Lawyers is proud to represent a diverse clientele, with multilingual services available in Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and other languages.