If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a semi-truck accident in Sarasota, FL, you could be entitled to financial compensation from the trucking company or another liable party. When you turn to our Sarasota truck accident lawyer for legal support, we work hard to fight for the fair compensation you are entitled to receive after a commercial vehicle accident. We make sure the costs of your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more are attributed to the at-fault party.
At GED Lawyers, we believe the clients we represent deserve time to focus on their physical recovery. While you do, our personal injury attorneys get to work building a strong case file for you. It will identify the at-fault party, prove their negligence, and document the value of your injuries and the expenses that stem from them. We also make sure to file your potential lawsuit in time to comply with the state’s filing deadline.
Our Sarasota Truck Accident Attorney Will Fight for Your Financial Recovery
Building a case for financial recovery after a commercial truck accident is a detailed and painstaking process. You do not have to build a strong case file when we represent you. The benefits of hiring our truck accident team include putting the power of our entire legal team to work on your case. We will take on trucking companies and the companies that insure them, and we will do this while you focus on recovering from the accident.
When we lead your case for recovery, we will do all the following in your case:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident’s cause to determine what happened and how (e.g., driver error, distracted driving, drunk driving, reckless behavior, etc.) and collect evidence
- Determine if any violations of trucking regulations or service regulations occurred. (All commercial truck drivers must follow these federal regulations.)
- Identify all potentially liable parties and how their negligence caused the accident
- Assess all your damages before assigning a dollar amount to your case
- Obtain your truck accident report and other case-supporting documents
- Locate and interview witnesses who can support your account of the accident
- Handle all communications with all parties in your case
- Negotiate with the insurance company for fair compensation
- Fight for your compensation at trial if we cannot settle your case outside of court
- Update you regularly on your truck accident case’s status
- Answer all your questions or concerns and explain relevant case law to you
We stop at nothing to build a strong case that compels the at-fault party to compensate you. If we cannot resolve your case with an insurance settlement, we can file all necessary court documents by Florida’s filing deadline and fight for your recovery at trial.
We Can Start on Your Sarasota Truck Accident Case With No Upfront Attorney’s Fees or Costs
GED Lawyers’ accident attorneys are ready to work on your case. After a motor vehicle accident occurs, especially one involving serious or fatal injuries, financial hardships, time is important as you seek the maximum compensation possible so that you can pay your bills.
We want you to get the legal representation you deserve, and we don’t want financial worries to stop you from calling us for help. We work on a contingency basis, which lowers the risk barrier for you. As we work on your case, we will not charge you any fees or costs. We get paid only if we recover compensation for you, which will be a percentage of your settlement or court-ordered verdict. If you do not win your case, we do not get paid. We can explain more about how contingency works during your free consultation.
We Will Identify the Liable Party in a Sarasota Truck Collision
Fault in a truck accident is assigned to the negligent parties whose carelessness or recklessness caused the collision. Negligence is assigned to the party who:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their duty
- Caused your injuries
- Caused your financial damages
Who Can Be Held Liable in a Sarasota Truck Accident?
In truck accident cases, the liable party could be:
- The truck driver
- The company the employee drives for
- The company that manufactured the truck or its parts
- The company responsible for loading the truck’s cargo
- The company responsible for repairing or servicing the truck or its parts
- A municipality responsible for caring for the site where the Sarasota traffic crash happened
- Other motorists, such as another driver, a bicyclist, a motorcyclist, or a pedestrian
Our investigation will reveal the at-fault party or parties and ensure we pursue compensation from the appropriate insurance company.
We Will Build a Strong Evidence File to Support Your Financial Recovery After the Truck Collision in Sarasota
The evidence file our Sarasota personal injury lawyer will compile for you will tell the story of your accident. It will allow our team and the at-fault party’s representatives to understand the cause and resulting costs of the collision.
Evidence in your personal injury claims file could include:
- Medical records of any physical injuries (this can include internal injuries and others)
- Written prognosis of your condition
- Income records that show loss of earnings, missed work hours
- Truck accident report
- Photos and videos of the truck crash scene, your injuries, and other
- Witness statements
We can also request evidence that could be in the trucking company’s possession, including:
- The truck driver’s logbook, which can document if the driver violated their hours-of-service limit
- The drivers’ training, licensing, employment history, chemical test results, etc.
- Truck repairs and maintenance records
- Surveillance footage from a traffic camera or dashcam footage from the driver’s vehicle
- Data from the truck’s electronic data recorder
All the above are often challenging for accident victims to get on their own, and much of it is time-sensitive materials. You can leave evidence collection to our legal team. We will ensure your case file is complete and your damages are accurately assessed before entering the negotiation phase of your case.
Our Sarasota Truck Accident Attorney Will Assess Your Recoverable Damages
Accurately calculating truck accident damages can be complex, and accident victims who suffered injuries, especially severe injuries, will likely find it hard to manage their cases as they focus on healing after the Sarasota truck accident. This is where we come in. Our legal team handles injury cases like yours and can manage your legal matter for you against negligent commercial truck drivers and other liable parties.
Finalizing your costs or accepting a settlement too soon can mean you do not know or receive the actual value of your case. It takes time to obtain all the records, receipts, bills, and documents that prove the value of your injuries and related expenses.
Damages You May Be Entitled to After a Truck Crash
Our Sarasota crash attorneys understand the types of damages you could recover after suffering injuries and losses in a traffic accident involving large, heavy vehicles. We could pursue economic damages and non-economic damages on your behalf.
Economic damages can include:
- Medical care throughout your recovery
- Rehabilitation care (e.g., physical therapy)
- Income losses and benefits (this can include bonuses, commissions, tips, income from gigs, and other earnings)
- Lost or reduced earning ability
- Property damage (including the repair or replacement of your vehicle)
Non-economic damages are those that we must assign a dollar amount because they do not have one. These include:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of life enjoyment
Wrongful Death Damages
If someone you love suffered fatal injuries in a truck accident in Sarasota County, our legal professionals could help your family recover wrongful death damages. During your free consultation, we can explain how Florida law governs these actions. Only certain family members can seek recovery from these losses, so we can explain other laws involving wrongful death actions.
They include but are not limited to the costs of making your loved one’s final arrangements (e.g., funeral expenses and burial costs) and the value of their lost domestic and financial contributions to your family. Our wrongful death lawyer understands losing a loved one is hard and that seeking legal recovery during a difficult time is challenging. Our legal professionals are always here to help and guide you through the process.
At GED Lawyers, our Sarasota truck accident lawyer works hard to determine the monetary value of all your damages. We ensure your case includes all recoverable damages and is not undervalued or underpaid. We can advise you if punitive damages could apply to your case. These are rare awards that a Florida court could award you if it believes the negligence in your truck driver case requires punishment.
We Ensure Your Sarasota Truck Accident Case Meets Florida’s Statute of Limitations Deadline
The statute of limitations in your Sarasota truck accident case can be complicated. The statute of limitations defines how long you have to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. In general:
You have up to four years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). You have up to two years from the date of a truck accident fatality to file your wrongful death lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
While the statute of limitations must be met, doing so on your own can be difficult because many factors can create exceptions to the filing deadline, per Florida Statutes § 95.051.
When we represent you, we handle all the details important to your case, including the timely filing of your lawsuit. We work hard to settle your case out of court but will go to court without hesitation to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Truck Accident Clients Recommend GED Lawyers
The law firm you choose to handle your truck accident case matters. When clients our team represented in the past share online reviews about our law firm, they say the following:
- Sebastian Lecaros: GED Lawyers are awesome…[They] worked very hard for me and helped prove something very important when the blame was being put on me. I couldn’t be happier with the help I received…they will work hard for you and…help you get back what was taken from you.
- Sandra Soefer: I think this law firm is fantastic! They go above and beyond, and the settlement was much higher than I expected. I thank the attorney Michael Westheimer, Esq. for this wonderful settlement and personal attention…I am truly grateful and…would highly recommend GED Lawyers!
Learn more about our client-focused practice and see our history of settlements and verdicts for the injury victims we represent on our case results page. In one trucking case we handled, we recovered $7,130,000 in a commercial trucking accident.
Contact Our Team to Get Started Today on a Sarasota Truck Accident Case
A collision with a large truck can leave you frightened, hurt, and unsure of what to do. At GED Lawyers, our truck accident lawyer in Sarasota will help you build a strong case file that leads to financial compensation. We start with a no-cost, no-obligation review of your case.
Contact one of our truck accident attorneys in Florida to get started today.