Auto accidents are the most common cause of personal injury claims in the United States. When drivers cause accidents because of their carelessness, they are liable to those they injure. Our personal injury attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve. GED Lawyers is ready to handle your case from start to finish.
Determining Negligence in an Auto Accident Case
Several factors are considered when determining whether a driver was negligent, including:
- The driver’s speed
- Relevant weather conditions
- Failure to obey traffic signals or signs
- Failure to follow traffic regulations
- Whether the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Florida and Massachusetts, call (561) 995-1966
In almost all auto accident cases, insurance coverage becomes an important factor. In Florida, vehicle owners are required to carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, which pays up to $10,000 for medical bills.
Under this no-fault insurance statute, your policy will pay 80% of reasonable medical expenses incurred in an auto accident and 60% of your lost earnings, subject to policy limits and deductibles, regardless of who caused the accident.
The negligent driver may also be responsible for paying additional damages related to your injuries.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Determining the Liable Party for Your Auto Accident
If you were injured as a passenger in another vehicle, you may have a claim against:
- The driver of the vehicle in which you were riding
- The drivers of any other vehicles involved
- Any other negligent party involved in the collision
Passengers generally do not share fault for causing an accident unless they did something, like distract the driver.
In all auto accident cases, it is essential to take prompt measures to preserve evidence and investigate the accident. GED Lawyers has the experience and knowledge to analyze all avenues of recovery and will work with physicians and other expert witnesses to thoroughly evaluate any injuries and damages you have suffered.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Common Types of Car Accident Cases Our Office Represents
According to statistics from the state Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), more than 400,000 car accidents in Florida happen each year. These claim the lives of over 3,000 people while leaving more than 255,000 others with serious personal injuries. In the majority of cases, reckless driving behaviors on the part of others are to blame.
At GED Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation victims need in these cases. While you focus on your recovery, our car accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you deserve. Common types of car accident cases we handle include:
- Rear-end accidents, which often occur as a result of tailgating and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Side-impact crashes, which tend to happen on highways due to improper passing and cutting other motorists off;
- T-bone accidents, in which another driver slams directly into the side of your vehicle, often in intersections;
- Head-on collisions, which often happen on one-way streets and near highway exit or entrance ramps;
- Rollover accidents, which often occur when drivers go too fast when making turns or going around curves in the road;
- Multi-vehicle car accidents and pileups, in which the action of one or two motorists triggers a chain reaction;
- Hit and run accidents, in which the at-fault driver flees the scene.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents happen unexpectedly. In a split second, the reckless actions of another driver on the road can leave you suffering serious, disabling, and even life-threatening injuries. We provide the caring support and professional legal representation you need in these situations. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our auto accident lawyers focus on holding at-fault drivers accountable.
As car accident lawyers with numerous years of experience representing clients in our area, we know that even seemingly minor crashes and collisions can leave you suffering serious harm. Injuries that are often suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears
- Broken bones and multiple fractures
- Dislocated joints
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs
- Severe cuts and lacerations
- Road rash and burns, resulting in disfigurement
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to internal organs
- Head injuries, such as concussions and skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries, which can cause permanent impairments
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis
Get the Compensation You are Entitled to for Car Accident Injuries
Under Florida Statutes § 627, all motorists are required to carry a minimum amount of insurance to cover any damages that result from car accidents for which they are to blame. Unfortunately, dealing with insurance companies is often a hassle. As for-profit corporations, it is common practice for them to either deny, delay, or undervalue your claim.
At GED Lawyers, we can negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a claim. If the other driver is uninsured or an adequate settlement cannot be reached, our car accident lawyers can advise you on your rights in holding them accountable through a personal injury lawsuit. The compensation you may be entitled to for your car accident injuries includes:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future losses in earnings due to lingering disabilities
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you and your family experience due to the crash or your injuries
Make Sure You Seek Medical Treatment after a Car Accident
No matter how minor a car accident seems, play it safe and see a doctor as soon as possible. You may have severe injuries with latent symptoms. Delaying or forgoing treatment could worsen your condition.
You should also seek medical attention because it can help your case. Our auto accident attorneys can use your medical records to document your losses. That way, we’ll know just how much to fight for when negotiating a settlement. You don’t want to be left footing the bill down the road for someone else’s negligence.
Get Our Auto Accident Lawyers on Your Side
When car accident injuries threaten your health and financial security, GED Lawyers is a strong legal ally to have on your side. You have a limited time period for you to bring a personal injury lawsuit.
Contact GED Lawyers today. Our attorneys will work diligently to protect your legal rights and maximize your recovery.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form