If you were injured in a slip and fall, you’ve probably realized that the costs extend well beyond medical expenses. You could be suffering from a lower quality of life professionally, mentally, or socially. You shouldn’t have to shoulder those burdens alone.
According to the Florida Department of Health, the percentage of unintentional injuries in Florida is much higher than the national average. Because of this, personal injury lawyers like those at GED Lawyers in Estero, Florida, are a valuable resource for protecting Florida residents from negligent property owners. If you were injured from a slip and fall, an Estero slip and fall lawyer from our firm can help you seek compensation.
Kinds of Recoverable Damages in an Estero Slip and Fall Case
We will need to talk to you and investigate your slip and fall accident before we can place a financial value on your personal injury claim. That being said, here are some of the typical categories of damages in these cases:
- Lost income. Often, people cannot work immediately after getting injured in a slip and fall accident. They need time to recuperate and undergo medical interventions like surgery and physical therapy. When they miss paychecks because of these things, they can add that financial loss to their claim.
- Decreased future wages. Sometimes, wounds heal but leave behind impairments like chronic pain, weakness, or decreased function. If you cannot make as much money as you did before the slip and fall accident, and the decrease is because of ongoing problems from your injuries, you might be able to recover the difference.
- Medical expenses. You can recover the reasonable cost of the medical treatment your wounds required. These bills can include the medical attention you received right after the accident as well as follow-up procedures.
- Non-economic damages. These losses can include extensive scars causing disfigurement, chronic anxiety or depression from the accident, and pain and suffering damages. You might have additional non-economic losses.
You will want to make sure that your Estero slip and fall attorney is aware of all the ways that the accident and your injuries have affected your life physically, emotionally, and financially.
Wrongful Death Damages
In some cases, especially with older adults, slip and fall accidents can turn fatal. If you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, our wrongful death lawyers can seek compensation. We may be able to recover the following damages for your family:
- Your loved one’s income they would have continued to provide
- Your loved one’s slip and fall accident-related medical bills
- You loved one’s pain and suffering
- Funeral services and the cost of burial or cremation
You deserve to honor your loved one properly and grieve in peace. We can deal with the legal process. Our goal is to help you cope in your family member’s absence.
What an Estero Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Do for You
When you work with a personal injury lawyer on your case, we fight your battles for you, so you can rest and recuperate.
How Will We Help You With Your Injury Claim?
Proving fault in an injury claim is a delicate process with many steps. Here are just some of the things we will do to build your case:
- We will prove that you suffered injuries as a result of negligence. Business and property owners are responsible for maintaining their property to keep it safe and hazard-free.
- We will put together the evidence. Using visual evidence, proof of your expenses, and other kinds of evidence, we will fight for the compensation you deserve.
- We will handle negotiations with the insurance company. This may include filing a claim, submitting documentation, and communicating with the agents assigned to your claim.
- We will represent you in court. If the insurance company won’t settle for what we think you deserve, we can file a lawsuit and fight for you in court.
Our Case Results Speak for Themselves
Our slip and fall lawyers in Estero have experience getting clients compensation, earning us hundreds of five-star reviews. Here’s what people have to say about our firm:
- “Working with Ged Lawyers has been a pleasure from day one. They are constantly communicating with me on the progress of my case. Further, I also received a higher settlement than originally anticipated. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is injured, as they will take great care of you.” – Pierce Debaldo
- “Ged Lawyers did an amazing job on my case. They were quick, readily accessible and answered any concerns I had. My settlement was way higher than I expected. I would recommend them to anyone who is injured.” -Thomas Corcione
Three Things to Do After Getting Injured in an Estero Slip and Fall Accident
When you get hurt because of a slip and fall accident, it might be hard to think clearly. Here is a simple road map with three steps to follow after an incident:
- Get immediate medical attention. In addition to the wounds you do notice, you might have internal injuries. By the time some of these hidden wounds develop symptoms, you might have a medical crisis on your hands.
- Notify the establishment where you fell. This might mean going to the grocery or clothing store’s management. Be sure to keep a copy of the incident report.
- Preserve the evidence. You can expect the owner of the property where you got hurt to get rid of the hazardous condition that caused you to fall. Try to take photos of the dangerous condition or get someone to take pictures for you.
You will want to talk to an Estero slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Some of the common situations that lead to slip and fall or trip and fall accidents include:
- Spills on the floor
- Debris on stairways
- Poor lighting
- Rugs that are not secured to the floor
- Electrical cords
Don’t be overly concerned if some other factor caused your accident. Many different things can cause a person to fall. The essential elements in these cases are that someone else’s negligence caused a dangerous condition that made you fall and get hurt on someone else’s property.
Why You Should Not Hesitate to Take Legal Action on Your Injury Case
Florida Statute § 95.11 puts a general two-year time limit on filing a lawsuit for compensation for your injuries. If you miss this deadline, you may lose your leverage when negotiating. You may end up recovering much less than you deserve.
Negotiating with the insurance company does not count as taking legal action. Even if your claim looks as if it is going to settle, you may want to have a lawyer by your side to fight for your interests.
Get Started on Your Slip and Fall Injury Case with a Free Consultation
At GED Lawyers, our mission is to help people get back what was taken from them. We offer a free initial consultation. You can reach out to us today for a no-cost case evaluation.
Don’t wait to reach out to our team so an Estero slip and fall lawyer can help you navigate your personal injury claim.