Were you or someone you love injured in a boating accident on a personal or commercial vessel? A Florida boat accident lawyer can explain your options for financial compensation. With our guidance and direction, we can help you prove the cause of your accident and build a case against the at-fault boat owner.
You do not have to pursue compensation on your own. At GED Lawyers, we’ll start by listening to your version of events in a free review of your personal injury case. We’ll collect evidence, communicate on your behalf, and thoroughly assess and document your recoverable damages.
Our Investigation Will Uncover the Cause of Your Boat Accident in Florida
When two boats collide on the water, it can be difficult to prove which boat caused the accident. Our Florida personal injury attorneys can help you define the cause of your accident. We represent clients involved in the following types of boat accidents:
- Collisions other boats
- Collisions with unseen objects
- Being jolted by a boat’s wake
- Accidents caused by speeding or limited visibility
- Accidents caused by excessively heavy boat traffic
Leave the investigation of your boat accident to our law firm. Concentrate on optimizing your physical recovery and leave the hard work of building your case to us.
We Will Work to Establish Negligence and Financial Liability
To win compensation from the at-fault boat owner, you must prove their negligence. Our familiarity with personal injury law means we understand the legal components of negligence. They include:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
We will not tax you or your family with evidence collection. The evidence we collect to prove negligence can include your accident report, photos of both boats, and injury photos. We can also collect lay and expert witness testimony and the accident investigator’s narrative.
The Jones Act May Play a Role in Your Compensation Request
If you or your loved one was injured on a boat in the course of employment, your case may benefit from the Jones Act. According to 46 U.S. Code § 30104, some “seamen” who spend at least 30 percent of their working time on a boat can sue their employers if they get hurt on the job.
We still handle evidence collection and work to prove the negligence that led to your injuries or to a loved one’s death. We will also collect evidence to show your hours of employment meet the 30 percent threshold.
For a free legal consultation with a boat accidents lawyer serving Florida, call (561) 995-1966
Damages You Can Recover After a Boat Accident in Florida
A boating accident can result in serious or life-threatening injuries. Your boat accident lawyer representing injured boaters in Florida can help you seek compensation for:
- Medical bills: Emergency room and ambulance fees, hospital stays, rehabilitation, medication, and assistive medical devices
- Lost wages: Full and part-time income, gig economy income, freelance and consultancy fees, and business ownership
- Property damage: Damage or total destruction of your boat
- Pain and suffering: Physical discomfort caused by your injuries and the recovery process and mental and emotional anguish
If a loved one was fatally injured in the accident, your family can seek wrongful death damages. These include the costs of their funeral and burial and your loss of their financial and domestic contributions to your family. We can also request compensation for your loss of consortium, society, guidance, and companionship.
At GED Lawyers, we can collect your paycheck stubs and medical bills to prove the value of your recoverable damages. We may also request a copy of your written prognosis to document the care you will require in the future and its anticipated costs.
Your Florida Boat Accident Attorney Will Explain the Applicable Filing Deadlines
In Florida, seeking recovery after a boat accident may involve filing a personal injury lawsuit. If you choose this path, you must comply with the statute of limitations in Florida Statutes 95.11. Accordingly, you generally have:
- Up to two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit
- Up to two years from the date of a loved one’s death to file your wrongful death lawsuit
Failure to comply with these restrictions could result in an inability to file and leave you with no legal avenue to compel compensation. The statute of limitations is complex and can be confusing. The best way to ensure compliance is to let your Florida boat accident attorney handle it for you.
Florida Boat Accident Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
The Benefits of Hiring GED Lawyers
Building a strong case for compensation is a time-consuming process. On your own, it can also be overwhelming. When our Florida boat accident lawyers handle your case for you, we will:
- Investigate your accident
- Collect supporting evidence
- Handle case-related communication
- Explain legal concepts and language
- Provide updates on your case
We’ll also represent you throughout settlement negotiations and will not hesitate to take your case to trial if we cannot reach a fair settlement.
Five-Star Reviews From Our Previous Personal Injury Clients
The law firm that handles your boat accident case in Florida matters. Our previous personal injury clients attest to our commitment to outstanding client support in reviews like the following:
- Evelyn Pempek: “If you are looking for a team that is hardworking, reliable, trustworthy, and compassionate, look no further. I have nothing but amazing things to say about this law firm. They are always on top of their game with quick response time. You will not regret using them.”
- Courtney Felt: “The entire GED Law team is amazing. They are very upfront about your case, where it could lead, and disclose every foreseeable step… Hopefully, I will never need them again, but if I do, I will definitely return.”
Every client we represent is a priority to us. When you trust a Florida boat accident lawyer from our team with your case, we’ll never stop fighting for the best possible outcome for you.
Contact Our Case Review Team Today
If you or someone you love was injured in a collision on the water in Florida, a boat accident lawyer from our team can help you pursue the at-fault party. Contact one of our consultation team members at GED Lawyers to get a free review of your case today.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form