Construction sites and construction vehicles on and off the road can be dangerous. If you or someone you love were injured in a construction-related accident, you could be entitled to financial compensation. Our Florida construction accident lawyer will help you recover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We also prove the legal elements of neglect that entitle you to monetary recovery.
At GED Lawyers, we will explain the financial recovery process and the steps we take to recover damages for you. We start by listening to your story with compassion and gleaning important details that support your right to compensation. Our law firm will identify the at-fault party and negotiate with their insurance provider on your behalf, and we never stop fighting for the best possible outcome of your case.
Personal Injury Compensation After a Construction Accident
By holding the at-fault party responsible for the negligence that caused your accident, you can recover the following economic damages:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
A construction accident can also result in a range of non-economic damages which can be more challenging to value on your own. Our legal team will determine the value of these damages which can include:
- Physical disfigurement or impairment
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
Our case assessment team will collect the bills, receipts, and estimates that prove the cost of your injuries and related expenses. With our guidance and support, you can also ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
Wrongful Death Compensation for Surviving Families
If a loved one succumbed to injuries they sustained in a construction accident in Florida, your family is entitled to recover the following wrongful death damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of financial contributions
- Loss of domestic support
- Loss of consortium and society
When we handle your case, we will prove the cause of your loved one’s demise and ensure the appropriate family members file a wrongful death action.
We Make Sure Your Case Is Filed on Time
A construction accident can leave you with serious physical and emotional injuries that require extensive care. Along with additional expenses, the cost of your ongoing treatment plan can be recovered from the negligent party.
You do have to request compensation and settle your case or file your potential lawsuit within the following timelines, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11:
- In general, you have two years to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- In general, you have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
The circumstances of your construction accident can create a change in the mandatory filing deadline. The best way to ensure timely compliance is to let our personal injury law firm file your lawsuit for you.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Florida, call (561) 995-1966
Proving Your Right to Recover Damages for the At-Fault Party’s Negligence
Building an effective case for financial recovery can be difficult to do during your recovery. At GED Lawyers, our Florida construction accident lawyer will build your case by doing the following:
- Conducting an investigation
- Identifying all liable parties
- Interviewing witnesses
- Negotiating a fair settlement
- Submitting required claim forms
- Communicating on your behalf
Our law firm is passionate about recovering damages for injured clients. If your case cannot be resolved with a settlement, we will represent you in court.
Legal Elements That Prove Negligence
Construction sites are inherently dangerous. Because of their weight and cargo, construction vehicles can also pose a significant risk of injury when involved in a collision.
To prove liability for the accident, you are required to prove:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- The at-fault party failed to provide it.
- The at-fault party caused your injuries.
- The at-fault party caused financial damages.
These legal elements of negligence will enable you to pursue the damages you are entitled to recover. Our personal injury lawyer will explain the evidence that will substantiate your case.
The Evidence We Collect Will Prove the Validity of Your Case
The at-fault party in your construction accident is liable for your damages when you prove their negligence was the cause. Evidence our investigation uncovers that proves your case can include:
- Medical records that prove the extent of your injuries
- Medical bills that prove the cost of required treatment
- A written prognosis that details future care you will need
- Employment records that document your loss of income
We will also collect accident scene and injury photos and statements from lay and expert witnesses. Our team will not tax you or your family with evidence collection. Instead, we request the evidence your case needs and organize it into a compelling case file.
We Work Hard to Make Every Client a Priority
Previous GED Lawyers clients who recommend our law firm to others have the following to say:
- Sidney Maiden: “GED Lawyers handled my case with professionalism and exceeded my expectations. They were always available to answer [all] of my questions and handle any matter needed. Mark Packo aggressively pursued my lawsuit with excellent results. I highly recommend this firm to anyone in need of legal services.”
- Michael Russell: “I had a great experience working with Michael Westheimer on my case. They got me a great result and provided excellent communication throughout the process. Shara also answered all my questions the same day. I would recommend this firm to anyone who is injured.”
Learn more about how hard we work to recover damages for our clients and see our history of recoverable damages by visiting our case results page.
Florida Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Contact Our Construction Accident Team Today
If you or someone you love were injured in an accident on a construction site or involving a construction vehicle, GED Lawyers can help. Our Florida construction accident lawyer will fight to recover the financial compensation you are entitled to receive.
Learn more about how hard we fight for you by contacting one of our consultation team members to review your case today.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form