There are numerous contributing factors in car accidents in Boca Raton, but typically the reckless actions of other drivers are ultimately to blame.
With the amount of motorists and traffic going in and out of our area, car accidents in Boca Raton happen on a regular basis. Injuries suffered by people involved in these collisions have the potential to be severe. While there are numerous factors that may have played a role in your crash, car accident investigations aim at determining the underlying causes and who is ultimately to blame.
How Car Accidents Occur in Boca Raton
According to the latest statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) , roughly 27,000 car accidents occur in Boca Raton and the surrounding Palm Beach County area each year. These accidents claim the lives of nearly 200 victims and leave nearly 17,000 drivers and their passengers suffering serious and potentially debilitating personal injuries.
In analyzing reports of car accidents in our area, you can get a better picture of how these crashes occur. Collisions are more common at nights, weekends, during the summer months, and over holidays, which is when the largest numbers of people are on the road. Driving and weather conditions often play a role in these crashes, as well. Factors that make car accidents more likely to happen include:
- Rainy, wet road conditions;
- Sections of roads and highways under construction;
- Areas without narrow roads and a lack of traffic signals;
- Areas where roads are poorly maintained, making cars more likely to skid on gravel or to lose control after striking potholes.
Reckless Driving Behaviors Responsible for Car Accidents
While all of the above are common factors that make car accidents more likely to occur, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) warns that it is ultimately the risky and reckless driving behaviors of motorists that are ultimately to blame. Regardless of road, weather, or traffic conditions, at-fault motorists can be held legally liable for the following actions, which increase car accident risks:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions, which is one of the most common causes of car accidents and increases the severity of injuries;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals, which is common both among tourist and locals in Palm Beach County;
- Distracted driving, which includes talking on cell phones, sending texts, or changing GPS settings, as well as eating or drinking while driving or even talking to passengers in the vehicle;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating, improper passing, and failure to yield;
- Driving under the influence, which can include alcohol, drugs, or prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Our Boca Raton Car Accident Attorneys are Here to Help You
When car accidents leave you or someone you love suffering serious injuries, Ged Lawyers, LLP uncovers the underlying causes so that you can get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. To discuss your case, call 561-995-1966 or contact our Boca Raton car accident attorneys online and request a consultation today.