As experienced Boca Raton workplace accident lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover when bone fractures and breaks occur.
Broken bones are one of the most common types of workplace injuries. They can keep you from working or performing certain tasks on your job for months afterward and, without the proper medical care, can leave you suffering permanent disabilities. When these types of injuries occur, reach out to GED Lawyers, LLP. Our experienced Boca Raton workplace accident lawyers help to protect your rights so you can get the maximum amount you need to recover in a claim.
When Broken Bones Happen on the Job
On-the-job accidents happen in any occupation and broken bones are one of the most common types of injuries. The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) warns that there are different types of bone fractures and breaks that can occur, each varying in severity. The extent of the damage will depend on how the accident happened and which bone was impacted:
- Stable fractures: This involves clean breaks in which the bones align together. These are among the least complicated to treat.
- Transverse or oblique fractures: These are fractures that run in either a horizontal lane or an angled pattern. Aligning these bones is key to avoiding lingering disabilities.
- Open compound fractures: This is when the broken bone penetrates the skin, which increases the risk of infection.
- Comminuted fracture: This is when the bone shatters and is one of the most challenging breaks to repair.
Treatment for any of the above may require multiple surgeries and the need for pins or metal plates. The costs of these treatments, medications, medical devices, and any physical therapy you need is likely to be staggering. At the same time, you will likely be facing heavy losses in income and wages. In this situation, our experienced Boca Raton workplace accident lawyers are here to help.
Get Compensation for Bone Fractures Suffered on the Job
At Ged Lawyers, LLP., we help you get the compensation you need to recover when bone fractures and breaks happen on the job. While filing for Florida workers’ compensation benefits is an option, you may be entitled to additional types of compensation through a personal injury claim. In addition to medical expenses and lost wages, damages in a lawsuit may include compensation for the pain and suffering you experience, as well as any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to lingering disabilities. Those who may be held liable in this type of claim include:
- Third-party contractors, whose reckless actions may be responsible for your accident;
- Employers or fellow employees, due to negligence or intentional acts that put you at risk;
- Parts, machine, and materials manufacturers, for defective products that may have caused your bone fracture to occur.
Get Legal Guidance from Our Boca Raton Workplace Accident Lawyers
You have only one chance to get compensation for on the job injuries. Before accepting a settlement, talk to Ged Lawyers, LLP. first. Contact our Boca Raton workplace accident lawyers today to request a consultation.