You buy insurance coverage with the expectation that it will help you if something bad happens to your home, your car, or yourself. Unfortunately, some insurance companies act in bad faith to try to deny people like you the money you need to recover after an accident. An Estero bad faith insurance lawyer from our firm can help you.
Our Estero personal injury lawyer knows the sorts of tactics that insurers resort to when trying to avoid paying proper reimbursement to clients. Ged Lawyers can fight for the money you deserve by making sure that the insurer plays fair.
Spotting Bad Faith Behavior Among Estero Insurers
Bad faith behavior can take many forms, including but not limited to:
- Not taking action in a reasonable period—for example, if they drag out their investigation or refuse to return calls or emails
- Willfully misinterpreting or ignoring evidence
- Conducting a hasty or inadequate investigation that results in missing key points
- Saying that you do not qualify for damages, even though your policy clearly states that you do
- Offering extremely low settlement amounts that do not come close to meeting your needs
- Refusing to come to the negotiating table or, if they do come to the table, refusing to acknowledge evidence or change their stance on anything
What to Do If Your Insurer Behaves in Bad Faith
What you should do in this situation depends on whether or not you have already hired our bad faith insurance attorney. If you have, contact us immediately so we can deal with the situation. If you have not:
- Call us as soon as you can to tell us your story. We offer over-the-phone consultations at no cost to you.
- Ask us as many questions as you want about our team and our methods before you hire us. You want to learn as much as you can and be completely comfortable with us before we get started.
- Do not engage any further with the bad faith insurer. If they try to contact you, give them our contact information, and tell them that your legal representative will be handling things from now on.
- Know that we never charge attorneys’ fees until we get money for you. If we cannot win your case, you do not owe us a cent.
Our Estero Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer Can Protect You
Ged Lawyers wants to ensure that everyone in Estero, Florida, is treated right by their insurance company. To meet this goal, we attend to each case with care and close attention by:
Investigating Your Estero Accident Ourselves
Rather than trusting the insurer or even the police to get to the bottom of things, we want to visit the accident scene and collect information for ourselves. Our team can:
- Take photos and videos, and look at photos and videos from others
- Take your statement about what happened and what damage you suffered
- Review all relevant documentation, including repair estimates or bills and any materials you possess that establish your property’s worth
- Go over your insurance policy so we can see if the insurer has misrepresented what is covered there
- Calculate the value of your losses so we will know if the insurer’s settlement offers are fair and being made in good faith
Monitoring the Insurance Company’s Behavior
We want you to tell us all about your experience with the insurance company so far. Explain what has happened and why you think their behavior constitutes bad faith. We can follow up on your story by:
- Getting in touch with the insurer to see where they are with your case
- Looking at any communications you have received from the insurer
- Informing the insurer that we are handling things from now on
- Reviewing any forms or evidence you have already submitted
- Sending or resending additional paperwork as necessary, and following up to make sure it gets where it is supposed to go
Suing an Estero Insurer for Bad Faith
If we find that the insurer’s behavior has cost you money, you have the right to sue them for negligence. Ged Lawyers can inform the insurer of your lawsuit and negotiate with them for a fair settlement.
While most cases do not go to trial, we know how to prepare for court if we have to do so. Our team can:
- Submit evidence to the court
- Select members of the jury
- Hold mock trials so we can practice and refine our strategy
- Present your case in court
You Do Not Have to Put Up With Bad Faith Insurers in Estero
The state of Florida makes it illegal for insurance companies to act in bad faith. For example, if you are filing a hurricane damage claim, your rights are covered under Florida Statutes § 627.7142. Otherwise known as the Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights, this law says that:
- The insurer must respond to your claim within two weeks
- The insurer must pay your claim within 90 days of approving it
- You have the right to free mediation services to help you resolve any disputes between you and the insurer
You also have the right to hire a bad faith insurance lawyer from our office to enforce your rights.
Our Estero Team Is Not Afraid of Bad Faith Insurers
We understand how difficult it is for an individual with no legal experience and who has just suffered a devastating loss to find the time, energy, and resolve to confront a large insurance company. That is what Ged Lawyers is here for.
Our entire team would be glad to handle your case. While we fight hard for your family, you can focus on putting your lives back together and making a plan to move forward.
Do Not Let Your Estero Insurer Get Away With Bad Faith Behavior
If you are filing an insurance claim for any reason, you have already been through enough stress. The last thing you need right now is any uncertainty from your insurer. Call Ged Lawyers today and find out, at no cost or obligation to you, how our law firm can take action on your behalf.