Hurricane Ian made landfall in the Fort Myers and Cape Coral area in September 2022, and the village of Estero suffered incredible damage. As a result, many families face costly repairs and destroyed properties. Insurance companies might try to undermine these claims, overlook certain types of damage, or outright deny homeowners of compensation they are entitled to in their policy agreement.
If you need to file a claim with your insurance company for hurricane property damage in Estero, GED Lawyers can help. One of our Estero hurricane property damage lawyers can ensure your claim is handled quickly, you get the compensation you deserve, and you are protected from bad-faith actions by insurance companies.
How Our Firm Will Provide Hurricane Claim Help to You
After a hurricane damages your property, you do not have to handle insurance claims alone. The claims process can be complicated and time-consuming. You can focus on being with your family and rebuilding your life while a hurricane lawyer takes care of the following:
- Gathering evidence of the damage your property sustained
- Investigating the cause of your damage to prove your hurricane insurance claim
- Filing claims with your insurance company
- Working with experts to determine the value of the damage
- Protecting you from bad faith claims
We also help homeowners review their insurance policies to better help them understand their coverage and what damage is — and is not — covered.
When you work with our firm, you do not have to worry about the cost of a lawyer. Our firm’s Estero hurricane property damage attorney can handle your claim at no upfront cost. In addition, you will not owe us anything until we settle your claim and recover compensation on your behalf. We also offer free, no-obligation case reviews so you can learn the true value of your claim before deciding to retain us.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane property damage lawyer serving Estero, call (561) 995-1966
Getting Compensation for Hurricane Property Damage Claims in Estero
Depending on the type and scope of your homeowner’s insurance policy, you could be entitled to the following compensation:
- Water damage remediation costs
- Structural damage repair costs
- Wind damage repair costs
- Evacuation reimbursements, also known as additional living expenses
We can help you recover compensation in many ways, such as:
- Preparing new claims if you have not filed yet
- Appealing denied claims, whether they are full or partial denials of compensation.
- Filing bad faith claims against the insurance company
Our attorneys for hurricane property damage are ready to support you.
Estero Hurricane Property Damage Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
How Insurance Companies Can Mishandle Hurricane Claims
Insurance companies may wrongfully deny claims, delay processing, or otherwise undermine your claim and withhold the compensation you deserve. They do this because they want to protect their bottom line. So, these companies can make it hard for you to get the money you need to rebuild after Hurricane Ian or others.
Here are some ways insurance companies mishandle hurricane property damage claims:
- Denying without due cause
- Not responding efficiently to claims
- Delay investigations of claims
- Overlook damage or miscategorize damage
- Undervalue your damage and offer you a meager settlement
If you are facing these or other issues with your hurricane insurance provider, we can help you navigate the process of writing a demand letter, appealing claims, and negotiating a settlement.
Actions You Can Take to Help Your Insurance Claim for Hurricane Damage
Whether you are dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Ian or another severe hurricane in Estero, there is much you can do to strengthen your claim and expedite the claims process.
- Take photos and videos of the damage.
- Make a list of all the damaged items in and around your property.
- Use tarps and other protective gear to prevent further damage from occurring.
- Get witness testimony from neighbors who saw the damage occur.
- Save all communications with your insurance company, including notes from phone calls, emails, and more.
- File your claim as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Hurricane Property Damage Can I Claim?
Your homeowner’s insurance policy can cover a lot of damage that occurs during a hurricane, such as:
- Wind-related damage, like shingles ripped from the roof
- Hail damage
- Damage from debris or falling branches or trees
- Non-flooding water damage
Depending on your policy, your home, other buildings and structures on your property, personal belongings, and more are likely covered by damage caused by a hurricane. But insurance companies also provide additional coverage for damage that happens during these powerful storms through what is known as a hurricane deductible, according to the Division of Consumer Services.
A hurricane deductible refers to the out-of-pocket costs you must pay before this additional coverage applies. The deductible window is often between when the storm makes landfall and when the storm gets downgraded. This means that damage during the deductible window should be covered once you have met the deductible first.
It is important to note that, even with a hurricane deductible, most homeowners’ insurance policies do not cover flooding or storm surges. Therefore, you need to have a separate flood insurance policy. During your free case evaluation, we can go over your policies and determine what damage you can get compensation for based on the terms of your policy agreement.
How Long Do I Have to File a Property Claim for Hurricane Damage?
You generally have three years from the date the storm makes landfall to file a hurricane insurance claim. So, for example, if you want to file claims for Hurricane Ian, you would likely have until September 2025. However, many insurance companies require policyholders to file claims much sooner than that.
Your hurricane insurance claim lawyer can help you understand what the deadline is for your claim. The sooner you hire an attorney from our firm, the faster we can prepare your claim and get you the compensation you need.
Contact an Estero Hurricane Property Damage Attorney for Help Today
If you are struggling with your insurance company over your hurricane damage claims, you can work with an Estero hurricane property damage lawyer from GED Lawyers to get your claims settled fast. Call us today to get a free case review and learn about the compensation you could be eligible to receive.