An 18-wheeler truck is one of the largest and heaviest vehicles on the road. If such a vehicle causes or is involved in an accident in Parkland, Florida, those in smaller vehicles nearby may pay the steepest price. You can always hire a Parkland 18-wheeler truck accident attorney to help you understand your rights after a crash.
At Ged Lawyers, we provide responsive and caring service to everyone who hires us. Our Parkland truck accident lawyers can ensure your case goes as smoothly as possible while you focus on your physical and emotional recovery. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Seeking Damages After a Parkland 18-Wheeler Truck Collision
You know you and your family have suffered because of the at-fault party’s negligence. However, you likely don’t know the precise financial value of your losses or how to pursue the compensation you deserve from the negligent party’s insurer.
Ged Lawyers can assign a Parkland 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer to your case. Our legal team can fight for the damages you need to get back on your feet after a car accident, including:
- Pain and suffering: Both physical and psychological distress count towards the total you can seek for pain and suffering.
- Reduced quality of life: Large trucks can inflict severe injuries that prevent you from enjoying your free time or accomplishing basic tasks (e.g., bathing). Your injuries may also impact your ability to relate or interact with others, which can negatively affect your relationships with loved ones.
- Medical expenses: Whether you need short- or long-term care, you should not have to pay for it yourself or worry about whether your insurance will cover your bills.
- Property damage: A large truck can do significant—and expensive—damage to smaller vehicles, forcing you to seek repairs or replacement for your car or motorcycle.
- Lost wages and earning capacity: If your injuries impact your ability to work or keep a job, you deserve compensation.
How Much Compensation Should You Seek After an 18-Wheeler Truck Accident?
The value of your claim or lawsuit depends on the nature of your injuries. In one case, we recovered over $7 million for a commercial trucking accident victim.
We aim to calculate each client’s damages correctly and then pursue the amount they need to help them recover. No case is “average,” so we treat each client individually and devise a unique strategy tailored to their needs.
How Our Parkland 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers Can Help You
You have every right to sue a trucking company for contributing to your accident, but doing so can quickly become complicated. Insurance companies retain experienced attorneys to defend them against suits like yours and minimize what they have to pay.
Ged Lawyers Supports Our Commercial Truck Accident Clients in Parkland
Here is a brief listing of the tasks that we regularly accomplish on our clients’ behalf:
- Collecting evidence to prove they deserve a certain amount of money from a negligent party or parties
- Communicating with the liable party and everyone representing them throughout the case
- Arranging a time and place to negotiate for a settlement—or scheduling trial dates if we decide to go to court
- Going through mock trials that allow us to test various legal strategies before the real trial
- Advising clients on their rights and helping them make important decisions
We Help Parkland Clients Act Fast After Truck Accidents
In most truck accident cases, you must take legal action within two years. Any actions filed after that point are not legally valid, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a).
While we do our utmost to file each client’s case in time, we can only do this if you come to us for help early enough. Ged Lawyers encourages you to contact us as soon as possible. We are available 24/7.
We Can Determine Who Caused Your 18-Wheeler Truck Accident in Parkland
Truck accident causes are not always apparent at first glance. Even if one party was clearly negligent (e.g., the driver was intoxicated or broke another traffic law), that does not necessarily mean they are the only liable party. If you let our personal injury lawyers investigate your collision, you can be sure your legal action targets every liable party for the money they owe you.
When Drivers Cause 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
Human error is an all-too-common cause of motor vehicle collisions. For example, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against a truck driver who:
- Was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Ignored traffic lights or signs
- Failed to signal properly or stay in their lane
- Followed another vehicle too closely
Trucking Companies and Truck Accident Liability
Even if the truck driver indisputably did something wrong, they may not bear sole responsibility for the crash. The trucking company that employed them is ultimately accountable for ensuring the competence of their drivers and the operability of their vehicles by:
- Complying with state and federal regulations, such as the standards set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regarding hours of service
- Testing and training all drivers and ensuring drivers maintain proper licenses
- Inspecting all trucks regularly and removing a truck from service if there is something wrong with it
Parkland Roads Can Cause Truck Accidents
Even a conscientious driver can fall victim to an unsafe environment. For example, if a truck jackknifes, this could be due to driver error, a hazardous road, or both.
As part of our investigation into your case, our Parkland 18-wheeler truck wreck attorneys at Ged Lawyers can visit the accident scene and examine photos of the roadway where it happened. This can tell us if we should consider pursuing a case against the city for failing to maintain a safe roadway.
Want Legal Help in Parkland After an 18-Wheeler Truck Accident?
Ged Lawyers is eager to assist you. Our Parkland 18-wheeler truck accident lawyers fight hard for the rights of all our clients, no matter how simple or complicated their cases may be.
Contact us today to get a free case review. The sooner we start, the sooner you may recover the money you deserve.