Pursuing compensation after an 18-wheeler truck accident is more than filling out a few forms and requesting financial recovery. It involves a detailed understanding of state law, liability, and the claims process itself. If you’re dealing with a life-altering condition following such a crash, the last thing you want is to handle a case on your own.
With the help of a Pompano Beach truck accident attorney from Ged Lawyers, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. We do everything possible to advance clients’ cases, leaving no stone unturned in our fight for fair compensation. Call now to start your free, no-obligation case review.
Our 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers Seek Fair Compensation for Your Losses
You shouldn’t have to pay for the losses arising from another party’s negligence. That’s where our team comes in. Our Pompano Beach personal injury lawyers can prove you deserve financial compensation and compel damages from the responsible party. Recoverable economic and non-economic damages in your case could include:
- Current and future medical expenses, including emergency transportation and treatment, surgeries, hospitalizations, doctors’ visits, medical devices and equipment, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and long-term nursing
- Lost income, including back pay, tips, bonuses, and employment benefits
- Lost future earning capacity if you have a permanent or disabling injury that interferes with your work capabilities
- Vehicle repair costs or your car’s fair market value if the damage is irreparable
- Non-economic damages, including pain and suffering, scarring, disfigurement, severe and chronic pain, loss of mobility, depression, anxiety, stress, loss of enjoyment, and reduced quality of life
Our firm also fights for the families of the fatally injured. If your loved one passed away from an 18-wheeler accident injury, our wrongful death lawyers can seek compensation on behalf of their estate and surviving family members. Compensable damages may include end-of-life medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and loss of the deceased’s income, support, services, and society.
We Have a Limited Time to Pursue Compensation After a Truck Accident
You do not have unlimited time to recover 18-wheeler accident damages. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit is two years. If the deadline passes, the court will likely refuse your case.
You don’t want to lose your right to compensation after suffering a collision. By starting your free case review with Ged Lawyers, you can take the first step in protecting your legal rights.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Will Prove You Deserve Economic Justice
Our legal team has more than 25 years of experience we can put behind building your commercial vehicle accident claim. While you rest and recover, our Pompano Beach 18-wheeler truck accident attorneys can do the following to prepare your case and secure fair compensation:
- Photograph the accident scene and collect physical evidence
- Speak with eyewitnesses
- Gather relevant documents, including police reports and medical records
- Obtain evidence in the possession of the trucking company and other involved entities, such as the 18-wheeler’s data recorder, driver’s logs, and alcohol and drug test results
- Document your damages using bills, receipts, and estimates
- Prove you deserve compensation for pain and suffering
- Draft and file your insurance claims and related paperwork
- Handle case-related meetings, phone calls, and emails
- Aggressively negotiate for the maximum compensation possible
- Represent you at trial if necessary
When you hire Ged Lawyers, you get a full-service law firm that will support you through every step of your case with compassionate and professional legal insight. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Trust Our Law Firm to Determine Liability for Your 18-Wheeler Truck Accident
Semi-trucks and 18-wheelers can be hard to maneuver. Drivers must have proper training and prioritize safety while on the road. For example, without proper handling, trailers can jackknife, roll, or even become detached. Large trucks have longer stopping distances and can be challenging to control on steep grades, surface streets, or in bad weather.
If a commercial driver’s error caused your collision, they (or their employer) may be financially liable for your losses. Examples of truck driver negligence include the following:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Making an illegal turn
- Illegal passing/failing to maintain lane position
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
Through an Investigation, We Learn the Cause of Your Truck Accident
Depending on the circumstances of your crash, there could be multiple financially responsible parties, including the truck’s owner, the entity responsible for its maintenance, the owner of the cargo, or a manufacturer. Our 18-wheeler truck accident lawyers serving Pompano Beach can investigate the possibility of pursuing multiple claims if the following contributed to your collision:
- Lack of vehicle maintenance or inspections
- Lack of truck safety features, such as underride guards
- Negligent 18-wheeler maintenance or repairs
- Auto part failures, such as engine trouble, blown tires, or faulty brakes
- Overloaded, unsecured, or shifting cargo
We Advocate for Truck Accident Claimants with These Conditions
Our injury lawyers have experience handling personal injury claims arising from serious injuries. We know how to secure the monetary resources you need to care for yourself and your family – now and in the future. We assist people suffering from:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Loss of a limb or body part
- Loss of speech, hearing, or vision
- Neck and whiplash injuries
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
Contact Ged Lawyers for 18-Wheeler Accident Assistance
Ged Lawyers is here to protect your rights and financial future. We will tirelessly pursue the awards owed to you and your family so that you do not suffer further due to the costs of another party’s mistakes.
Contact our team today for a free consultation. Our Pompano Beach 18-wheeler accident lawyers can take your case on contingency, meaning you pay nothing unless and until we win compensation for you. We have multiple offices serving clients across South Florida. Connect with our lawyers today.