Accidents involving an 18-wheeler truck are likely to cause significant damage. The costs of treating severe injuries and fixing your car can quickly add up. With our West Palm Beach 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer on your side, you can pursue a legal case against the party that caused you to suffer damages. That way, you won’t have to pay for your accident-related losses.
By hiring Ged Lawyers, you make the legal process easier on yourself. Our truck accident attorney serving West Palm Beach will stand up to the negligent party and their insurance company. We will demand the compensation you need, even if that means taking your case to trial.
What Damages Can You Recover as a Commercial Truck Accident Victim in West Palm Beach?
You do not deserve to pay the bills for an accident you did not cause. Once our trucking accident lawyer reviews the details of your case, we can hold the liable party responsible for compensation that covers the following:
Economic damages are those that come with a fixed price. We may be able to recover compensation for losses like:
- Your medical care bills, such as the cost of medical testing, doctor’s appointments, medications, and emergency care
- Lost income, if your commercial vehicle accident called for time away from work
- Reduced earning capacity, as some accident victims suffer injuries that require them to take a lower-paying job
- Property damage if your car needs to be repaired or replaced
Your non-economic damages are intangible and don’t have an assigned dollar amount. However, your lawyer can help you file a personal injury claim for losses like:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress if the accident caused you to suffer anxiety or depression
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life if your accident forces you to stop participating in hobbies you once participated in
- Reduced quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
Families who lost a loved one in a West Palm Beach truck accident deserve justice and fair compensation. Our wrongful death lawyers provide support to families who lost a member in a fatal crash. We can help you recover damages such as:
- Loss of consortium
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Mental anguish
- Lost income your loved one would have earned
Per Florida Statutes § 768.20, the decedent’s personal representative is eligible to file their wrongful death claim. Our firm can help you determine who may serve as the personal representative.
What an 18-Wheeler Collision Lawyer From Our Firm Does
You can leave every legal detail in your case to our truck crash lawyers. Our law firm takes on the following tasks when you hire us:
- Ensuring we take all your recoverable damages into account when we file your truck accident claim
- Determining the at-fault party or parties
- Proving the liable party’s negligent actions by gathering evidence
- Communicating on your behalf in all case-related matters
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company for an appropriate settlement
- Answering any questions you have throughout the claims process
- Speaking to expert witnesses to prove the value of your semi-truck accident
- Determining the cause of your accident, whether it was driver error, driver fatigue, reckless driving, or another example of negligence
We can explain more about how our firm helps our truck accident clients when you call us for a free initial consultation.
We Don’t Charge Truck Accident Victims Any Money Upfront
At our law firm in West Palm Beach, we do not charge our clients anything upfront. Our personal injury lawyers can handle your case on a contingency-fee basis. With this payment structure, you do not owe our team anything until we win or settle your case.
When we win or settle your case, our fee comes from a percentage of your compensation. This means you won’t have any out-of-pocket costs while we work on your case. You can also have all your legal questions answered during a free initial consultation with our team.
Our Lawyers Prove Negligence in Your West Palm Beach 18-Wheeler Truck Accident
When you hire us, we commit to holding the liable party accountable for their negligence. We must prove the following elements of negligence to recover compensation:
- The liable party had a duty of care to keep you safe
- They did not maintain their duty of care
- Their breach of duty of care caused your accident and the injuries you sustained
- You suffered damages because of their negligence
Once we have successfully proven the liable party’s negligence, we can take legal action on your behalf.
Who Might Be Liable in a Truck Accident Case?
Several parties may be liable in your 18-wheeler accident case. If more than one party is liable, we can hold all of them accountable.
Parties we often find liable in truck accident cases include:
- The truck driver
- Trucking companies
- Cargo loaders
- The truck maintenance technician or company
Other parties may also be liable, such as a government entity that did not maintain the road or the driver of another vehicle. We’ll assess the details of your case to help you seek justice.
You Must File Your West Palm Beach Truck Accident Case on Time
Failure to adhere to the statute of limitations may prevent you from filing your case. You should know the filing deadlines that apply to your case, listed in Florida Statutes § 95.11.
According to this statute, you generally have two years to file a personal injury and wrongful death lawsuit. That’s why it’s crucial that you begin working on your case immediately.
Call Us Today to Work With Our 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Law Firm
After an accident you didn’t cause, you may be entitled to compensation. Seek the justice you deserve today by filing a claim or lawsuit against the responsible party.
Our 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer in West Palm Beach is ready to fight for you. Call Ged Lawyers today for your free initial consultation.