If you or a loved one was hit by a big rig truck, an accident lawyer from Ged Lawyers wants to help you. Our Lighthouse Point 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer can seek the compensation you need to cover medical bills and even reimburse you for lost wages.
You may be feeling overwhelmed because of your injuries and all of the work you have to do to start reclaiming your life. With our Lighthouse Point truck accident lawyer on the job, you would have one less thing to worry about in the wake of this life-changing event. Call us today to learn more about seeking fair compensation during a free consultation.
When to Hire Our Lighthouse Point 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer
The earlier you can get legal help, the better. There are multiple reasons for this:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a) generally gives you just two years to start a legal action against a negligent party. By contacting us promptly, you give us more time to determine your case’s merits and implement the right strategy.
- You have lost a great deal and deserve to be paid as quickly as possible. Once you receive your settlement or award, you would no longer have to worry about affording medical care or taking care of dependents.
- Dealing with insurance adjusters and the liable party’s legal team by yourself can be tricky. They may use anything you say or do against you. Our truck accident attorney can protect you by communicating with them on your behalf and preparing you for cross-examinations or depositions.
While Clients Recover, Our Truck Accident Attorneys Are Hard at Work
Ged Lawyers understands that you have a lot on your mind and do not have much energy to spare for a legal case. That is why we take care of everything for our clients, including:
- Evaluating their case over the phone at no cost or obligation
- Answering all of their legal questions
- Providing actionable, compassionate advice whenever the client asks for it
- Taking care of all paperwork and communications with the other party
- Building up their case file with evidence that shows why they deserve damages
- Negotiating with the liable party’s team for a just and timely settlement
- Going the extra mile to prepare for court by holding mock trials
- Updating them whenever something important happens with their case
We Handle Truck Accident Wrongful Death Cases
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that over 5,000 people died in large truck and bus crashes in the United States recently. Such big vehicles can do more damage than ordinary cars, making fatal injuries a real risk.
If you have lost your loved one in an 18-wheeler accident, we are sorry for your loss. Our wrongful death lawyers can fight to get justice for your loved one and financial damages for the people who depended on them.
How Much Is Your Lighthouse Point Truck Accident Claim Worth?
The value of your trucking accident case depends on the details of your accident. The injuries and damages you suffered will play a role in the value of your case. Our team can assess your losses to determine what a fair settlement would look like.
Calculating Damages After an 18-Wheeler Truck Crash
Since there is no average settlement for a truck accident case, Ged Lawyers has to start from scratch with each and every client. We can meticulously investigate your accident and the damage it caused by:
- Examining your medical records and requesting statements from medical professionals
- Deciding which legal formulas we should use to convert your physical and mental suffering into financial terms
- Speaking with you and the people who know you best about what impact your injuries have had on your personal and professional life
- Comparing your pre- and post-accident paychecks to determine what effect the accident has had on your income levels
Many Types of Truck Accident Damages Are Available
If you can prove that the accident is the cause of your physical, financial, and/or emotional suffering, then you can recover compensation for that suffering. This includes:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Physical or intellectual disability
- Repair bills
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of employment
A wrongful death case could also entitle you to loss of companionship, loss of financial support, and end-of-life expenses.
Semi-Truck Accident Insurance Companies May Owe You Compensation
Trucking companies carry commercial truck accident insurance to protect them financially if and when any of their drivers get into an accident. You should therefore expect to deal extensively with the trucking company’s insurer, which may include:
- Providing certain materials to the insurance adjuster so they can assess the validity and value of your case
- Sitting for a deposition with the insurer’s attorney (we can sit in on this interview to help you through it)
- Evaluating settlement offers from the insurer, which may or may not reflect the true value of your injuries
- Refusing unnecessary requests, such as a recorded statement, which the insurer may try to use to minimize what they pay you
- Being aware that the insurer’s main interest is their bottom line and that you should therefore consult with us about anything they say or suggest
Ged Lawyers has dealt with insurance companies before and would be happy to speak to them for you now.
Dealing With Uninsured Commercial Vehicle Companies
If for any reason the trucking company and/or their driver does not have sufficient insurance to cover your accident claim, then you may sue them for what you need.
Cases involving uninsured or underinsured drivers may operate under slightly different rules than other cases do. For example, the statute of limitations might be longer. Ged Lawyers can tell you more about your rights and options after we investigate your collision.
Serving 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Survivors in Lighthouse Point
Ged Lawyers is proud to serve clients in Lighthouse Point and beyond. We aim to guide you through the legal process and hold all at-fault parties accountable.
If you would like legal advice, call us for a free case review today. Our personal injury lawyer will charge you no attorney’s fees unless and until we help you recover financial compensation. Connect with us now for legal guidance.