If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident you did not cause, you deserve to recover compensation. However, it can be difficult to pursue damages if you do not have motorcycle insurance. Even if you do carry insurance, you likely won’t be able to recover all of your damages from your insurer.
Our firm can pursue your due damages for you. One of our Pompano Beach motorcycle accident lawyers may be able to negotiate a fair settlement with your insurer. We can also file a lawsuit on your behalf to help you recover the money you need and hold the liable party accountable.
What You Can Expect From Our Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
For over 28 years, our attorneys have managed and resolved countless personal injury cases like yours. You can leave your case to our team while you heal from your injuries. You will benefit from:
- Honest legal guidance
- Ongoing communication about the status of your case
- Multi-lingual support, as we can assist clients in Spanish, Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish
Your case is in good hands when you hire GED Lawyers. Past clients have had great things to say about working with our firm:
- “I was struggling trying to deal with our insurance company to obtain proper reimbursement…I felt defeated! I hired GED Lawyers to take over the claim, and things are now starting to advance accordingly. Finally, I feel we can expect to be treated fairly…My wife and I are both relieved having the weight of this lifted off our shoulders.” – Alan Lovgren
- “Knowledgeable, great communication, and friendly.” – Gina Rafferty
Our Pompano Beach Attorneys Will Build Your Motorcycle Collision Case
If you hire one of our lawyers, they’ll take over your entire case for you. Our firm can get started on your case as soon as you reach out to us, and we will not demand any payment upfront. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we receive a percentage of your compensation as payment.
Your lawyer will take on all of these tasks:
Listing and Valuating Your Damages
It can be difficult to account for all of your damages after an accident. Without the support of an attorney, you may not realize that your non-economic damages and ongoing medical expenses are recoverable. You can rely on our team to list all the damages you can recover. We will also assign a value to your case to ensure you are being compensated fairly for your intangible losses.
Proving Liability in Your Motorcycle Accident Case
To recover compensation for your damages, you will need to prove that another party is the reason you were involved in a motorcycle accident. Our team can collect the following types of evidence to point to the other party’s liability:
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- The police report
- Witness statements
- Statements from your doctor
We can use this evidence to establish the liable party’s negligence. We must satisfy the following four elements to prove negligence:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care. This means they were responsible for acting cautiously and keeping you out of harm’s way.
- The at-fault party breached that duty, such as by driving recklessly.
- The at-fault party’s actions led to the incident.
- The incident resulted in compensable damages.
Negotiating or Suing for Your Damages
If you have motorcycle insurance, your lawyer will attempt to negotiate a fair settlement with your insurer. However, if you do not have motorcycle insurance, or your insurance company refuses to settle fairly, we can move forward with a lawsuit.
We will inform you of the lawsuit filing deadlines that apply to your case and work to submit your case before time runs out. Most motorcycle accident lawsuits can settle outside of court. However, we can prepare you and any witnesses for trial if this becomes necessary in your case.
What Kind of Damages Can You Recover After a Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident?
Through an insurance claim or legal action, you may be able to recover your economic and non-economic damages. Our team can assess your case to determine which damages you may be able to demand compensation for.
Motorcycle accident victims often recover:
- Current and ongoing medical costs
- Property damages, like the full cost of repairing/replacing your motorcycle
- Income loss
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering you endured
- Mental and/or emotional trauma the accident caused
- Wrongful death damages, such as loss of familial support, if you lost a loved one in the accident
How You Can Pursue Compensation for a Motorcycle Accident in Pompano Beach
The process of recovering compensation after a motorcycle crash in Pompano Beach isn’t always straightforward. A claimant can’t pursue compensation through personal injury protection insurance (PIP) or property damage liability insurance (PDL) since they don’t cover motorcycle accidents.
You can only file a claim to recover damages after a motorcycle accident if you purchased motorcycle coverage. Since this type of coverage is not required in Florida, you may not have the option to seek compensation from your own insurance company. However, that does not mean you have no options. You may be able to sue the at-fault party.
Contact Us for a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Pompano Beach, Florida
If you or a loved one suffered a motorcycle accident, our firm can pursue your due damages for you. We have years of experience handling motorcycle accident cases like yours.
In a free consultation, we’ll tell you more about hiring and working with one of our motorcycle accident attorneys in Pompano Beach. We’ll also tell you about what the next steps in your case might entail. To consult with us for free, contact GED Lawyers today.