After a hurricane tears through your property, you want the peace of mind of knowing your insurance policy will cover your damage. Unfortunately, getting the money you need can take more work than it should. However, you don’t deal with the insurance claim battle alone. Instead, the disaster recovery lawyers at GED Lawyers can handle it.
Our Hurricane Nicole property damage claims lawyers help homeowners get the funds to repair their storm damage as soon as possible. In addition, we’ll ensure you pursue the recovery you deserve according to Florida law and your policy’s terms. Finally, we’ll advocate for you throughout the entire claims process. So, let us take on your case, allowing you to focus on what matters most in the storm’s aftermath.
Our Attorneys Can Handle Your Hurricane Nicole Damage Claim
Submitting a damage claim can be complicated. However, our disaster recovery lawyers have many years of experience with the process. We can make sure your claim gets submitted the first time correctly. We’ll also explain these critical details about your policy:
- What’s covered under your current policy
- Whether you have any elected insurance coverages, such as a flood policy
- If you have a hurricane deductible and what that means for your payout
Most importantly, we’ll ensure you understand what’s required when submitting a damage claim. Unfortunately, any mistakes in the paperwork can prevent you from receiving the funds you need. So, we’ll walk you through all the necessary steps to file your insurance claim. Our lawyers will:
- Explain what documents you need to support your claim
- Ensure you meet any filing deadlines
- Stay on top of the insurance company to provide a timely payout
We Fight for Your Rights Based on Florida Law
You paid for your insurance policy. Thus, you have certain rights under state law.
According to the Florida Department of Financial Services, homeowners can expect the following from an insurance company after filing a damage claim:
- Once you submit your claim paperwork, you should receive confirmation from the insurer within 14 days.
- Within 30 days of submitting your written proof-of-loss statement, you should hear back again. This time, the insurer should confirm whether it has approved, partially approved, or denied your claim.
- After 90 days, your claim should be settled, denied, or partially paid. If the insurance company does not do so, you could be entitled to receive interest on your expected payout during the time you must wait beyond 90 days.
You shouldn’t wait forever to hear back about the funds you need to rebuild your home and life. If the insurance company doesn’t cooperate based on Florida law, we could take legal action. Our lawyers can file a lawsuit and present evidence to show that you deserve a payout per your policy’s terms.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane nicole lawyer serving Florida and Massachusetts, call (561) 995-1966
We Can Help You Recoup for These Types of Hurricane Damage
Depending on your policy terms, your insurance company may try to deny coverage of certain damage. However, we’ll help you resolve these issues.
After Hurricane Nicole, our lawyers can ensure you seek payment for all your covered losses, which could include the following:
- Wind and hail damage: Hurricanes can send trees toppling onto your roof or debris crashing through your windows. If you sustained structural damage due to wind and hail, a standard homeowners policy would typically cover these repairs.
- Fire damage: Lightning strikes, gas leaks, or fallen power lines could cause fire damage on your property. Thus, you might need to pay for smoke remediation or rebuild burned structures. Again, your homeowners policy will likely cover these damages.
- Water damage: Water damage is a complex issue for storm loss claims. A typical homeowners policy covers water damage resulting from any covered perils. For example, a covered peril could be a tree falling on your roof and allowing rainwater to seep into the attic. However, some water damage—such as flooding or storm surge—is not covered unless you have a flood policy. Our lawyers can fight to get all eligible water damage covered.
- Flood damage: As mentioned, flood or storm surge damage may only be covered through a specific flood insurance policy. If you have this coverage, you could get funds to pay for water removal, mold remediation, and other necessary repairs.
A standard homeowners policy should cover losses to your primary dwelling. Also, you could have coverage for damage to other ancillary buildings, such as your garage, shed, fences, or other structures included in your policy.
Florida and Massachusetts Hurricane Nicole Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
What to Do if You Have Sustained Damage After Hurricane Nicole
What you do in the days after Hurricane Nicole made landfall is crucial for your damage claim. Be sure to take these steps:
- Make a list of everything that suffered damage, including structures, appliances, and other personal property.
- Take photos of all the damage, including photos or videos of the inside and outside of the property. Make sure to capture any structural damage to your walls, floors, ceiling, roof, or damaged structures outside.
- Get a professional opinion by hiring a contractor to inspect the damage. They will provide an independent opinion regarding your losses. In addition, they can give an estimate of what your repairs will cost.
- Keep all records of your costs because you might start paying for your losses out of pocket as soon as Hurricane Nicole moved on. Thus, if you need to pay for hotel stays, transportation, temporary repair bills, or other damage-related costs, document these expenses.
Consider Legal Help With the Storm Loss Claim Process
The sooner you contact our team, the sooner we can start on your storm loss claim. We can ensure that you submit all the correct paperwork the first time you file. Then, we can work with the insurance company so that you don’t have to worry about these headaches.
Click to contact our Disaster Recovery Lawyers today
Contact GED Lawyers for Help With a Hurricane Nicole Damage Claim
You shouldn’t have to take on your insurance claim alone. Instead, our Hurricane Nicole damage claims attorneys are ready to help homeowners recover what they need to rebuild. We know how to ensure that you get the most compensation possible in a loss claim and will advocate for your rights under Florida law.
Contact us today to get started. We offer free, no-obligation case reviews.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form