At Ged Lawyers, LLP, our homeowners insurance attorneys defend your rights to compensation in sinkhole claims.
Sinkholes are a Florida homeowners worst nightmare. Occurring as a result of underground voids, they can cause areas on or surrounding your property to completely collapse, resulting in structural damage to your home. While homeowner’s insurance is required to provide coverage for sinkholes, getting them to pay often proves difficult. This is where Ged Lawyers, LLP. steps in. Our Boca Raton homeowners insurance attorneys help you get the compensation you are entitled to in your claim.
Sinkholes and Florida Homeowners Insurance Coverage
Sinkholes form when rainwater seeps through surface soils and sediments to bedrock underneath. Cavities that form over time can cause a steady sinking or sudden collapse in the ground under or around your home. This can cause dangerous conditions, including structural damage that makes your home uninhabitable. Unfortunately, sinkholes are a common problem in Boca Raton and throughout the state.
Section 627.706 of the Florida Statutes requires insurers to provide coverage for catastrophic losses due to sinkholes as part of your homeowners insurance policy. Even with this coverage in place, getting insurers to pay for sinkhole damages is often challenging. At Ged Lawyers, LLP., our Boca Raton sinkhole attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation you need in this situation. Common tactics insurers often employ in these cases include:
- Denying claims, stating that damages to your home or property were not caused by sinkholes;
- Downplaying the extent of sinkhole damage you suffer or the amount you are entitled to in a settlement;
- Disputing the terms of sinkhole coverage or the amount of insurance you have in place;
- Delaying payment for lengthy periods of time while they investigate your claim.
For a free legal consultation with a sinkholes lawyers lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (561) 995-1966
We Protect Your Rights to Compensation for Sinkhole Damage
The potential for sinkholes on your property and the catastrophic damages that could result are a nightmare for homeowners. Home sellers are required to inform you of any sinkhole claims in the past and insurers may conduct their own inspections. However, they are not obligated to share the results. The Florida Department of Environmental Protection advises that you can hire geologists and other professionals to assess sinkhole risks, but doing so is beyond most people’s budgets. Unfortunately, this means you have little protection against future sinkhole risks.
At Ged Lawyers, LLP. our Boca Raton sinkhole attorneys work to protect you in the event your fears about sinkholes become a reality. Actions we can take on your behalf include:
- Reviewing sales agreements to determine whether the proper disclosures were made;
- Reviewing the terms of insurance coverage, to ensure your policy complies with state laws;
- Contacting insurers on your behalf and submitting the appropriate information to avoid lengthy delays;
- Disputing any settlements offered that are less than what you deserve;
- Appealing denied claims and taking your case to court.
Boca Raton Sinkholes Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Get Our Boca Raton Homeowners Insurance Attorneys on Your Side
When dealing with insurers over sinkhole claims, Ged Lawyers, LLP. is a strong legal ally to have on your side. Call or contact our Boca Raton sinkhole attorneys to request a consultation today.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form