If your loved one passed away in a negligence-related accident in West Palm Beach, FL, our team offers more than legal advocacy; we offer our commitment to your case’s outcome. You have rights under the law, and our law firm intends to help you uphold them.
A West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer from Ged Lawyers can help you get financial compensation and hold the negligent party accountable. To learn more, contact our team for a free initial consultation. We can assess your case and explain your options today.
Our Law Firm Advocates for Families in These Situations
We handle a wide range of case types in West Palm Beach, including wrongful deaths stemming from:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Boating accidents
- Slip and falls
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
We are a contingency-fee law firm. We ask for no upfront fees, and you never pay unless we recover compensation in your case. Your attorney’s fees always come directly from the money we recover for you and never from your own pocket.
Our West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys Seek Damages for Clients
When our lawyers handle a West Palm Beach wrongful death case, we work with the family to identify and document their recoverable damages. Seeking and recovering money for the family’s expenses and losses—both economic and non-economic—is how we get justice in these cases.
We can hold the at-fault party or parties legally responsible for the financial and emotional losses you suffered. Types of damages in wrongful death claims include:
- Loss of the income the victim would have earned
- Funeral costs and burial expenses
- End-of-life medical bills
- Loss of support and services the victim previously provided
- Loss of companionship and protection suffered by the surviving spouse
- Loss of guidance and instruction for the surviving children
- Losses related to the survivors’ physical pain and emotional suffering
Our wrongful death lawyers can pursue these and other losses. How much you can recover is unique to your situation, along with the role of your loved one in your life and the details of their passing. Contact us as soon as possible after your loved one’s death so we can begin our investigation. We provide free consultations and can answer any questions you have.
Let Our West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys Secure Financial Justice
At Ged Lawyers, we intend to build a strong case that holds the negligent parties financially accountable for your loss. In the meantime, you can mourn and spend time with your family. You shouldn’t struggle financially after a negligence-related incident takes the life of a loved one.
Our recent case results demonstrate our wrongful death lawyers’ commitment to grieving families. These outcomes include a:
- $2,000,000 settlement for a man killed in a scooter vs. automobile accident
- $1,200,000 verdict for a family of a child who passed away at a church
- $1,062,000 arbitration award for a family who lost a loved one in a bus accident
While these outcomes do not indicate a fair settlement range for your case, they do show that we know how to navigate the legal process and recover money for our clients. Our West Palm Beach attorneys will build a compelling case and fight for justice.
How Can a West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Lawyer Help My Family?
Under Florida law, the decedent’s personal representative has the right to sue following a wrongful death. This means if someone else’s carelessness or recklessness caused your loved one’s passing, your family can hold them legally responsible and seek compensation.
The personal representative, under Florida law, is the estate executor or party named by the court to handle the probate process. Our legal team works with this party (and other members of your family, when necessary) to build a compelling case and recover damages.
Almost all wrongful deaths occur because of negligence. Negligence occurs when:
- A party owes a duty of care to the victim. For example, motorists have a duty of care to all road users.
- They fail to uphold this duty of care. Someone who drives while intoxicated breaches their duty of care because they put others at risk of serious injury (for example).
- Their failure is the proximate cause of an accident. We must show how the negligent party’s actions or omissions caused your loved one’s passing.
- The victim suffers fatal injuries. To satisfy all of your case’s required elements, we must show that you have damages stemming from your loved one’s unexpected passing.
Our attorneys identify the duty of care, how it was breached, and how this caused your loved one’s fatal injuries. Using the evidence we collect and analyze, we present a compelling case to show why your family deserves a fair payout based on your expenses and losses.
There are several ways we can recover compensation for our clients in a West Palm Beach wrongful death case. This could include:
- Negotiations with the insurance carrier representing the liable party
- Arbitration, mediation, or other dispute resolution techniques
- A wrongful death lawsuit, jury trial, and court award
When Should You Hire a West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Lawyer?
The sooner we know about your loved one’s accident and death, the faster we can identify, gather, and preserve evidence to support your family’s legal claim or lawsuit. This is imperative because some types of evidence disappear quickly after an incident or accident.
There is also a limited time to bring a lawsuit in these cases, and we must ensure you meet this deadline to preserve the right to sue. Without this option, it will be difficult or impossible to hold the negligent party responsible for their actions. Per the statute of limitations on wrongful death in Florida, you only have two years to file a lawsuit in these cases.
Discuss Your Loved One’s West Palm Beach Death With Our Team for Free
Ged Lawyers provides free consultations for families who have lost loved ones to others’ negligence. We can assess your options and offer legal representation now.
Contact us today for your free initial case consultation.