Propane tanks can explode, and when they do, they can destroy property and cause severe injuries to accident victims. If you were injured because a propane tank exploded, our West Palm Beach propane tank explosion lawyer will pursue financial recovery to pay for your medical expenses, lost income, and physical pain.
The legal team at Ged Lawyers can manage your case for you to determine the cause of the propane tank explosion. Another party’s negligence may be to blame for your injuries and financial losses. Our personal injury lawyer serving West Palm Beach can help you hold the liable party accountable through an insurance claim or legal action.
What Does a Propane Tank Attorney Do?
Our propane tank explosion attorney will represent you against the party that caused your damages. The dedicated team at Ged Lawyers can also:
- Calculate the total cost of all your recoverable damages.
- Speak to any other parties involved in your case, such as product manufacturers, insurance companies, or the liable party’s legal team.
- Investigate the cause of the gas leak
- Collect evidence of the propane explosion
- Explain your legal options, such as filing a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim.
- Provide answers to any legal questions you have
- Inform you of any laws you should know about
- Guide you through the legal process and explain how each step in your case works.
- Take your case to trial, if necessary.
Our personal injury firm will advocate for your best interests throughout your case. We aim to make it less stressful for you to take legal action.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Propane Tank Lawyer in West Palm Beach?
Hiring a lawyer from Ged Lawyers costs you nothing upfront or out-of-pocket. Our team runs our practice on a contingency-fee basis, which means we only take payment from you after we win or settle your legal matter.
Until we’ve won your case, there are no fees. We even provide free initial consultations, giving you the chance to learn more about your legal options.
We take a percentage of your compensation once your case is won. We will explain more about how payment works when you connect with us.
Types of Damages You Can Recover After a Propane Gas Explosion in West Palm Beach
The damages you suffer from a propane tank explosion can significantly impact your quality of life. Our legal team can pursue financial compensation to help compensate for the losses you sustained in the accident.
Some of the damages you may pursue include:
Economic damages account for your financial losses. We can seek fair compensation for the following:
- All your medical bills
- Lost income for the time you missed at work
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from making your usual income
- Property damage
Your non-economic or intangible losses are compensable. Some of the damages we can seek in a personal injury case include:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
In severe cases, a gas explosion can be fatal. Our personal injury attorneys offer our sincere condolences for your family’s loss.
We can seek wrongful death damages for:
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical care bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The mental anguish of surviving family members
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of companionship
While you and your family make funeral arrangements and mourn the loss of your loved one, our firm will stand up for your rights and demand justice from the liable parties.
Laws That May Apply to Your Case in West Palm Beach
When you hire us to manage your case, your personal injury attorney will explain the laws you should be aware of. Some of these include:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a), or the personal injury statute of limitations, which explains that you generally have two years to submit a lawsuit.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations, or Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(e), that says you typically must file a wrongful death case within two years.
- Florida Statutes § 768.20, which states that only the decedent’s personal representative can file a wrongful death case.
Remembering these laws can be tricky on your own. You have enough on your plate, so let our firm navigate the legal process on your behalf.
These Common Causes of West Palm Beach Propane Tank Explosions May Entitle You to a Settlement
Any number of mistakes can lead to a gas tank explosion, and you probably feel frustrated knowing that another party’s carelessness caused you to suffer injuries and damages. Our law firm knows how to investigate these cases, giving you a fair chance at holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
We can seek justice for you if a propane tank exploded because:
- It was a defective product
- It was not kept at the correct temperature during transport
- It was not installed correctly
- It had a faulty cylinder valve
- It was not properly maintained
If any of these signs of negligence led to your injuries, our product liability attorney may hold a manufacturer, maintenance technician, or gas company accountable for your damages.
How to Prevent a Propane Tank Explosion in West Palm Beach
Propane tanks have several uses at residential and commercial properties. You may find these tanks at gas stations, barbecue grills, or powering machinery.
If you use propane tanks in your home, our personal injury firm recommends these steps to avoid an accident:
- Ensure the tank is closed when it is not in use
- Don’t store a tank next to one that is being used
- Always keep a close eye on any appliance utilizing a propane tank, especially a grill
- Don’t store a propane tank next to an open fire
These steps could help prevent the risk of injuries and keep your family safe.
Call Ged Lawyers for Legal Representation in Your Propane Tank Explosion Case
Propane tanks can cause severe injuries if they explode. If you or someone you love was injured in a propane tank explosion, the liable party may owe you economic and non-economic damages.
Our goal is to secure compensation that can make your everyday life easier to manage. Contact our personal injury firm today to learn more about how we can help you. We provide free initial consultations.