If you suffered injuries when a careless or reckless driver caused your West Palm Beach, FL, bicycle accident, you have a legal right to hold them responsible and recover compensation. Working with our attorneys allows you to focus on healing while we pursue compensation for medical care and other costs.
A West Palm Beach personal injury attorney from Ged Lawyers is here to help after a serious injury collision. We build compelling cases and recover fair compensation for injured bicyclists. Get started today with a free case review with our team. We can answer your questions and explain your legal options.
Our Law Firm Offers Comprehensive Help on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We represent clients based on contingency. Bicycle accident victims never pay us upfront fees for us to take on their cases. We do not ask for a retainer. Instead, we receive a portion of the compensation we recover in the case. If we do not win your case, you will not pay attorney’s fees.
What Damages Can a West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Attorney Seek for Me?
When we represent a client hurt in a West Palm Beach bicycle crash, we identify their expenses and losses, value them, and seek fair compensation based on our calculations. We aim to recover an appropriate payout that covers clients’ current and future costs, including:
- Medical treatment, physical therapy, support, and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income, including wages and income from other sources
- Diminished earning capacity for lasting injuries
- Property damage costs
- Miscellaneous expenses with receipts
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages, such as emotional distress, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment of life
Our West Palm Beach wrongful death lawyers also pursue maximum compensation for grieving families. Florida law only allows the personal representative of the deceased party to sue. We can help you identify this party and work with them to pursue justice for your family. Contact us today for a free case consultation.
How Our West Palm Beach Bicycle Crash Lawyers Build Your Personal Injury Claim
Here’s what to know about entrusting our South Florida law firm with your bicycle accident claim:
We Break Ground on Your Injury Case Immediately
We waste no time in building your case because the statute of limitations restricts how long we have to sue the negligent party. Generally, under recent changes to Florida law, you have two years to sue following a personal injury or wrongful death.
Our attorneys will begin work on a client’s case as soon as we learn about it. From the get-go, we:
- Take over all communications with the insurance company and other parties
- Manage all aspects of your case
- Represent your best interests during the legal process
- Move quickly to secure time-sensitive evidence, such as dash cam footage
As noted, we advise reaching out to our team as quickly as your injuries allow. If you can make the call within days or weeks of your injuries, we can go to work immediately to identify and preserve crucial evidence to support your case. If your loved one suffered catastrophic injuries and cannot make the call on their own, we encourage you to get a free consultation with our team on their behalf.
We do Everything Possible to Build a Strong Bicycle Accident Case
When a personal injury attorney from Ged Lawyers manages your bicycle accident claim, they employ several steps in pursuit of compensation. In our pursuit of money damages, we can:
- Assess your insurance coverage options
- Identify the liable party
- Document your recoverable damages
- Calculate your losses
- Seek compensation, whether through negotiations or a lawsuit
Each of these steps takes time, resources, knowledge, and experience. Building a successful case also requires us to prove negligence, meaning that because another party didn’t drive safely, they caused the bicycle accident in which you were injured.
We Learn the Cause of Your Collision Through an Investigation
As noted, we must gather evidence to build a successful bicycle accident claim. This isn’t something you have to worry about. While you attend doctors’ appointments and focus on your recovery period, we can assemble evidence to build your case. This information may include:
- The accident report
- Eyewitness statements
- Videos of the crash
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Accident reconstruction data
- Relevant medical records
- Documentation of your damages
Your personal account of events also plays an important role in your fight for compensation. Be sure to write down what you remember happening before, during, and after the collision. Even the smallest detail could play a pivotal role in determining liability for your money damages.
What Should I Do After My West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident?
If you haven’t already, we suggest getting medical attention as soon as possible. There’s no such thing as a “minor” bicycle accident. What may initially seem like a minor condition could quickly developing into an all-consuming condition.
Other considerations following your Palm Beach County collision include:
- Keeping all documents related to your case. Store your injury-related receipts, bills, and invoices in a safe place. Your lawyer can use those items later to calculate the value of your economic damages, such as healthcare costs.
- Refraining from giving a recorded statement. The insurance company may ask for a recorded statement. A word of advice: don’t give one. Doing so only gives the insurer more “ammo” to contest your claim or lawsuit.
- Consulting with our bicycle accident attorneys. You don’t have to manage a single case-related obligation on your own. Instead, call our team and learn more about your next steps. Our team stands ready to take on your case’s legal legwork and handle everything securing damages entails.
Discuss Your Case With a West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer for Free
Ged Lawyers provides free initial case consultations for bicyclists hit by cars or other motor vehicles in West Palm Beach, FL. We are here to help you understand your rights and pursue justice.
Call today to explore retaining legal representation now.