Some people believe that they aren’t bound by any rules on West Palm Beach’s waterways. However, they are bound by a duty of care—they should take reasonable precautions to avoid causing harm. If someone acted with negligence and hurt you while on the water, our West Palm Beach boat accident lawyers can hold them accountable.
When you work with Ged Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys in West Palm Beach can take on all the legal tasks required in your case. We can hold any liable party responsible for the harm they caused.
All the Ways Our West Palm Beach Boating Injury Attorneys Can Help You
The boat accident lawyers at Ged Lawyers can assist you by:
- Getting you up to speed on case updates – We keep you apprised of developments as well as make sure you’re in the know about any legalities or technicalities that are part of your case.
- Communicating in multiple languages – We have team members who speak Spanish, Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish.
- Filing your paperwork – Whether it’s an insurance claim, a lawsuit, or anything in between, our team can fill it out for you and get it where it needs to go.
- Advocating for you – We can represent your best interests when talking to insurance adjusters, hashing out settlements, or presenting your case in court.
- Bringing in expert witnesses – Boat cases can involve experts on watercraft, the ocean, weather, medical conditions—whatever your case needs, we’ll talk to someone who knows about it.
- Preserving evidence – Our lawyers can act fast to make sure vital evidence isn’t lost, a risk in cases involving the water.
- Court preparation – We go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable if your case goes to trial, even staging mock trials to prepare.
- Looking at all the angles – We help you by keeping an open mind to all the possibilities when it comes to negligence, liable parties, and damages.
Our firm helps you by listening to you. Although we take on the work of your case, we don’t take away your power. You still have the final say in any action we take in your case.
If We Don’t Win Your West Palm Beach Case, You Don’t Pay Us
How do you know you can trust Ged Lawyers to handle your case? Our payment is contingent on our success. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we only get paid once we win or settle your case.
Our Boating Accident Lawyers Seek All Forms of Compensation for You
Boat accident consequences range from bruises and broken bones to non-fatal drowning injuries and traumatic brain injuries. You might have even lost a loved one in a boating accident, requiring the help of our West Palm Beach wrongful death attorneys.
Whatever your loss, it’s important to know that any injury could potentially be grounds for damages since you would not have suffered it if it weren’t for someone’s carelessness. The negligent party might try to persuade you not to file a claim or lawsuit, but they don’t know the full extent of what you experienced. You might not even know until you see a doctor and talk with experts.
Our Florida boat injury lawyers step in to ensure you receive what you are due. We take stock of your injuries, project your losses, and protect your right to damages. You may seek compensation for:
You may be able to recover compensation for your current, past, and future medical care costs. We work with your doctors and other expert witnesses to determine what future medical expenses look like for you.
Some compensable expenses include:
- Emergency transportation
- Hospital stays
- Physical therapy
- Ongoing care
Like medical treatment compensation, lost income damages consider past, present, and future income losses. Our boat injury lawyers also take into account all your sources of revenue. Freelance work, side jobs, gig work—if you lost out on it, we want to hear about it because you deserve compensation.
Career losses also extend to reduced earning ability. If you can no longer earn what you used to, temporarily or permanently, we can seek compensation specifically for that.
Non-economic damages cover a range of experiences, like the loss of a hobby, reduced independence, chronic pain, disfigurement, anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). How much pain and suffering is worth depends entirely on how much this accident affected you, so we aim to make you feel as comfortable as you can to talk to us about how you’re struggling. That way, we can pursue damages that acknowledge those struggles.
Who Should Pay for Your West Palm Beach Boat Accident?
The party we’ll seek compensation from depends on the details of your crash. Our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys can scour the evidence in your case to see where it leads us. Below are some common forms of negligence and who they point to, but we stay open and alert to other examples of negligence that may lead us to the liable party:
Naturally, the boat operator that caused the crash owes you damages if they were negligent. Some actions that could open them up to liability include:
- Operating a boat while impaired
- Inadequate training or inexperience
- Not accounting for weather or water conditions
- Failing to take care of the boat
- Driving a boat too fast
- Operator inattention
One reason for faulty parts or equipment is design or production mistakes. In that case, our West Palm Beach product liability lawyers can pursue the designer, manufacturer, or seller for damages, since they caused or should have known about a problem.
Faulty boat parts can also be the responsibility of a boat rental business or maintenance shop. The owner of the boat is responsible for making sure their watercraft is safe, while maintenance shops should check for problems and install parts correctly.
Sometimes, rowdy boat passengers are the reason for accidents. Whether due to drinking or just poor judgment, they can be held liable for causing serious injuries through a personal injury lawsuit.
Your Free Boat Accident Case Review Is Waiting When You Call Ged Lawyers
Getting out on the water in West Pam Beach doesn’t exempt people from the consequences of causing an accident. If someone acted negligently while boating and caused your injuries, contact our firm today for a free case review.
Our West Palm Beach boating accident attorneys consider all the angles for compensation. But you only have a limited amount of time to act. Don’t lose your chance at damages by waiting. Call now.