If you or someone you love suffered injuries on someone else’s property, you shouldn’t have to bear the financial burden of medical treatment. Florida’s property laws require owners, managers, and other responsible parties to maintain a safe premises for residents and guests. Our Jacksonville premises liability lawyer can fight to recover what you deserve from those responsible for your accident.
GED Lawyers has been helping injured people in Florida since 1995. Since then, we’ve recovered millions for those victimized by other people’s negligence or recklessness. Once we take you on as our client, we will handle the entire legal process from beginning to end. You focus on your recovery, and we will take care of the rest.
Recoverable Damages in a Florida Premises Liability Case
Slipping, falling, or other accidents related to poorly maintained properties can result in serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and spinal cord injuries. Accidents of this severity can incur expensive medical treatment that can snowball into other financial problems for the victim.
You shouldn’t have to bear the financial consequences of an accident caused by a negligent property owner or manager. We can pursue these losses on your behalf:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Losses related to your job, including wages, tips, benefits, and future income
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish and mental distress
- Permanent physical changes in appearance, mobility, and independence
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to your accident or injuries
These are only a few of the losses you may be entitled to through a premises liability case. Our team can assess what you’ve lost as a result of your accident, so we can pursue what you need to recover from your injuries.
Services Our Personal Injury Attorneys Offer Injured Florida Residents
Our attorneys have decades of experience in personal injury law. Because of this, we can use our resources and knowledge to fight for an appropriate financial award on your behalf. Here are some of the services we offer to accomplish this goal:
- Filing your case with the appropriate court according to the state’s deadlines
- Investigating your accident to determine the cause and liable party
- Using the evidence we uncover to support your case
- Gathering documentation to testify to the extent of your losses, including medical bills, expert testimony, pay stubs, etc.
- Communicating with the insurer and the at-fault party
- Negotiating for compensation appropriate for your losses
- Preparing your case for trial, if necessary
While most personal injury cases settle out of court, we don’t want to jeopardize your financial award by assuming this will be the outcome. Per Florida law, we only have two years from the date of the incident to file. Cases filed after this deadline may be permanently barred. Therefore, we will be ready to litigate if your circumstances demand it.
Our Firm Gets Results for Victims of Negligence or Recklessness
We have recovered millions for injured people in Florida. While our case results are evidence of our passion for justice, our testimonials also speak to our drive for success. Here’s what some of our previous clients have to say about working with our law firm:
- “Working with Ged Lawyers has been a pleasure from day one. They are constantly communicating with me on the progress of my case. Further, I also received a higher settlement than originally anticipated. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is injured, as they will take great care of you.” – Pierce D.
- “From the inception of my case to receiving my settlement, Ged Lawyers has been phenomenal. My paralegal, Maria Colon has gone out of her way to answer any questions or concerns. Further, my attorney, Michael Westheimer, Esq. has gone out of his way to obtain the best settlement and resolve any concerns I had. I would recommend this firm to anyone who would like to obtain the best result from any injury.” – Gregory R.
We would like to fight for positive results in your case, too. During your free case review, we can give you an idea of what your legal options are and how we intend to help.
Determining Fault for Premises Liability Cases in Duval County, FL
To determine who is responsible for your injuries, our attorneys will need to investigate.
The cause of your accident may give us information about the responsible party. Here are some common causes of premises liability accidents:
- Dog bites or animal attacks
- Inadequate security measures
- Uncovered or improperly secured swimming pools
- Poor maintenance
- Improper fire safety
- Slippery, wet, or icy flooring/walkways
- Cluttered or overgrown walkways
- Broken handrails, stairs, or elevators
Potentially Liable Parties in Your Case
Premises liability cases often fall into a few different categories, so depending on the cause of your injuries, these parties may be responsible for your damages:
- A property owner
- Property manager
- Maintenance technician
- Residents or other guests on the premises
- Dog or animal owners
- Property inspectors
Whoever is responsible, we will pursue them with the evidence we uncover. No matter how large or intimidating the responsible party may seem, we won’t back down from negotiations or trial to secure an appropriate settlement.
Proving Negligence Is Necessary to Secure Compensation
To demonstrate that the at-fault party is financially responsible for your losses, your attorneys will have to prove that their negligence caused your accident. To do this, they will have to show these four criteria:
- Duty of care. The at-fault party owed you a reasonable duty of care to keep you safe from harm.
- Breach of duty of care. The responsible person or entity violated this duty by knowingly neglecting to fix a problem or post an adequate warning.
- Causation. The negligence of this party caused or contributed to your injuries.
- Damages. You suffered injuries and other losses as a result of your accident.
Your lawyer will handle the investigation to meet these criteria, so you can demand compensation for what you’ve lost.
Call GED Lawyers to Secure Your Jacksonville Premises Liability Lawyer
Our team is ready to offer your free case review. During our discussion, we can assess your eligibility to file a premises liability case and determine your options for compensation.
Call or visit us online today to get started.