Unfortunately, a pedestrian accident often causes serious injuries that can affect a person’s life for a long time. In the worst cases, these changes may be permanent. If a negligent driver injured you while on foot, we can help you claim compensation. Our Jacksonville pedestrian accident lawyers can support you by gathering evidence and negotiating with insurance companies for a fair settlement.
Further, our personal injury lawyers provide regular case updates and answer your questions honestly and quickly. This way, you always know what to expect from the legal process without worrying about managing everything yourself.
Who Is Liable in a Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Liability for any accident stems from proving negligence. Simply put, negligence means someone did (or failed to do) something they should have to protect the safety of others. Unfortunately, most pedestrian accidents are caused by driver negligence. However, injury claims are not always open-and-shut cases that offer victims a speedy resolution.
Our pedestrian accident attorneys can help you determine who caused the accident and who is liable for your injuries by gathering the evidence needed to prove negligence. Common causes of driver negligence in a pedestrian accident can include:
Despite knowing the effects of alcohol or drug consumption on a driver’s mental and physical ability to operate a vehicle safely, too many people still choose to get behind the wheel when they should know better.
Our drunk driver attorneys hold reckless motorists accountable for their wrongful actions. We understand the devastation caused to victims and their families when they are struck by the violence of a drunk driver and will fully develop your case to pursue financial recovery, justice, and closure.
There are many sources of driver distraction; however, some of the most common safety concerns relate to the following:
- Using smartphones and in car-technologies such as satnav or entertainment systems
- Other passengers
- Events outside of the vehicle
- Eating, drinking, or smoking
- Driving while upset or angry
- Driving while fatigued
Reckless driving falls below the minimum standard expected of careful motorists, increasing the risk of accidents and endangering the driver and others who come into their path. Pedestrians are at higher risk of injury when a driver:
- Fails to obey traffic controls and signals
- Does not yield at intersections and crosswalks
- Performs dangerous turning or reversing maneuvers
- Ignores the road and their environment
- Driving a vehicle with a known fault
We will review your case for free if you were involved in an accident as a pedestrian. During the consultation, we help you to understand your legal options for pursuing compensation. If we can assist, we provide everything you need to build your claim and manage most aspects of the legal process. This way, you can concentrate on your recovery, knowing that your case is in capable hands.
Recovering Compensation after a Pedestrian Accident in Florida
While we tend to think of pedestrians as people walking around towns and cities, Florida’s personal injury laws also apply to protect joggers, Segway riders, hikers, and skateboarders. However, compensation in pedestrian accidents varies and depends on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries. Therefore, when we assess your financial damages, we take into consideration the following factors:
- Current and anticipated costs are associated with your medical treatment, ongoing care, and rehabilitation
- Compensation for lost wages and reduced earning capacity if your injuries affect your job or prevent you from returning to work
- Pain and suffering if your injury causes ongoing pain or psychological trauma
- Lost or damaged property
- Any other losses related to the accident
In fatal pedestrian accidents caused by negligent drivers, the surviving family may be able to receive compensation by filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party. This civil action is intended to compensate the deceased’s surviving family for their losses related to the passing of their loved one.
Insurance Companies Do Not Always Act in Your Best Interests
As insurance companies operate to make a profit, it is in their interest to reduce their financial exposure in claims brought against them. A lawyer can help you work towards achieving a settlement that accurately reflects the damages you sustained.
We Put Your Needs First At All Times
Our clients are the heartbeat of everything we do. Therefore, we always strive to build genuine connections with everyone we represent. As a result, our client’s opinions are the most transparent appraisal of our legal services. Here are a few recent testimonials we hope reflects our commitment to providing excellent client satisfaction:
- “What an amazing group of people! They treat everyone with respect and kindness. It is truly like a family at GED Lawyers. Everyone in the firm is so talented at their jobs. They are passionate at what they do and they get results!”– Richard Wainwright.
- “They handled my case very elegantly and professionally. I would gladly hire them again if needed. Now my case is happily closed. Very impressed”– Robin Nathalie.
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
From the moment you hire us, the team at GED Lawyers begins fighting for the compensation you deserve. With almost thirty years of experience to draw from and a reputation for hard work that delivers results, our attorneys will help you to build a robust case by:
- Helping you gather and organize evidence to prove negligence and liability
- Assessing the financial impact of your current and ongoing damages
- Managing case administration and communications with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Negotiating for an appropriate settlement for your injuries
- Answering your questions quickly and honestly
- Representing you in court, where required
Let Our Jacksonville Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Fight for You
You deserve to rest and focus on your physical recovery after a pedestrian accident. You also have the right to hire legal representation when seeking compensation. When you choose to work with GED Lawyers, we will give your case the personalized attention it deserves.
To learn more about making a compensation claim for a pedestrian accident today, contact our team for a free consultation. We can discuss your legal options and tell you more about how our Jacksonville pedestrian accident team can help.