Slip and fall accidents can occur everywhere, from grocery stores to bars. These accidents can cause serious injuries, like broken bones, sprained ankles, and head trauma. Many slip and fall accidents could have been prevented if proper safety measures had taken place.
If you believe another party is responsible for your slip and fall accident, our legal team can act as your legal representatives. Our Jacksonville slip and fall accident lawyer can explain your legal options and help you pursue justice.
Do You Need to Hire a Jacksonville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
While you are not legally required to hire a lawyer, working with our Jacksonville personal injury lawyer may benefit you. Typically, slip-and-fall accident victims can pursue compensation by filing an insurance claim or a lawsuit. We’re prepared to help you do this.
It’s essential to remember that slip and fall cases are often complicated. Insurers may refuse to offer you compensation, and if you haven’t hired a lawyer, the liable party could laugh off your lawsuit threats. Similarly, the specifics of local laws and insurance procedures can be confusing to those without training.
At GED Lawyers, we believe that you deserve time to step away from your case and recover from your injuries. That’s where our legal team comes in – we can manage every aspect of your case, so you don’t have to.
Legal Services Our Jacksonville Slip and Fall Attorney Provides
A Jacksonville slip and fall accident lawyer from our team can support you in the following ways:
- Communicating with insurers and other relevant parties
- Protecting your best interests every step of the way
- Filing a lawsuit if settlement negotiations don’t produce a fair result
- Gathering evidence of your injuries
- Determining who’s responsible for your injuries
- Advising you on your next steps
- Answering all of the questions you have about your case
Why Choose Our Firm to Manage Your Slip and Fall Case?
These are several reasons why you should consider choosing GED Lawyers to manage your case:
- We charge no upfront fees: We work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you don’t pay any upfront fees, and we don’t get paid unless you receive compensation. If you join our firm as a client, you won’t have to worry about getting left with legal fees and no compensation.
- We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation: Our case results speak for themselves – we’ve secured many multi-million-dollar settlements for our clients.
- We offer multi-lingual support: Our team is multi-lingual and capable of supporting clients who speak Spanish, Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish.
Fighting for Slip and Fall Accident Damages in Jacksonville
Our firm can fight for several types of slip and fall accident damages, including:
- Reduced income: A severe slip and fall injury can leave you out of work and hurt future employment prospects. The costs of lowered earning ability can be covered.
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses are central to slip and fall cases. Surgery, medication, and physical therapy all come with a price tag.
- Non-economic damages: Slip and fall accidents aren’t just expensive; they can cause various intangible losses, too. Non-economic damages, like pain and suffering, can compensate for the emotional toll of your injuries.
- Property damage: It’s possible that your personal property was damaged in your slip and fall accident. Maybe your wristwatch broke or your sunglasses were smashed. Regardless, our team is prepared to pursue property damages.
Remember that every slip and fall case is unique. Some damages not noted here may apply. As your legal team, we can review your expenses and losses to determine which damages you are eligible for. This way, you’ll know the potential value of your case, preparing you for settlement negotiations.
What if You Lost a Loved One to a Slip and Fall Accident?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that accidental falls are one of the leading causes of death for older adults in the U.S. If you’re pursuing compensation for the loss of a loved one, elderly or otherwise, we’re sorry for your loss. We can treat your case with compassion and patience – to us, it’s vital that you’re as comfortable as you can be throughout the legal process.
In a wrongful death slip and fall case, you can qualify for the following types of damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of familial income
- Loss of companionship
Who Is Liable Your My Slip and Fall Injuries?
Our Jacksonville slip and fall accident lawyer will investigate your case to determine who should be held liable. For example, if you slipped and fell in a restaurant, the restaurant owner or manager could be liable for your damages.
These are some common types of liable parties in a slip-and-fall case:
- A bar manager
- A grocery store manager
- A property owner
- A retail store owner
- A homeowner
Slip and fall injuries can be caused by the following:
- Liquid spills
- Patches of ice
- Poorly maintained walkways
- Dimly lit stairwells
Failing to address these safety risks is a form of negligence and can be grounds for an insurance claim or lawsuit. When a party is liable, you can pursue them for compensation.
How do You Prove Liability in a Jacksonville Slip and Fall Case?
To receive compensation for your injuries, you must provide evidence that proves that the liable party was aware of the dangerous conditions on their property. This is done by showing that the liable party knew of or should have known of the safety risk that injured you and did nothing about it.
At GED Lawyers, we can review security camera footage, medical records, and witness statements to identify the cause of your slip and fall accident. You don’t need to investigate your case alone.
The Deadline to File Your Jacksonville Slip and Fall Accident Lawsuit
As a resident of Jacksonville, you generally have a slip-and-fall lawsuit deadline of four years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. This deadline may be longer or shorter depending on the context of your case.
We’re here to ensure that:
- You’re aware of all relevant deadlines
- Your lawsuit is filed on time
- You don’t miss the submission of any vital documentation
Get Started on Your Jacksonville Slip and Fall Case Today
We’re here to fight for the residents of Jacksonville after they were injured because of another party’s negligence. Our team is prepared to stand up to large businesses and insurance companies on your behalf.
Contact a member of our team today for a free case review.