A Jacksonville spinal injury lawyer with GED Lawyers can help you or your loved one recover compensation if a medical error caused your spinal cord injury (SCI). Our Florida attorneys can assist with a medical malpractice claim or lawsuit to recover your health care expenses, lost wages, and more.
Why Choose GED Lawyers?
GED Lawyers is a full-service law firm focused on protecting the rights of the injured. Since 1995, we have helped clients in Florida and across the United States secure multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts. If you or your family member suffered a spinal cord injury due to a medical error, we can fight for you.
Our team will work tirelessly to hold the negligent medical provider or health care facility that caused your injury liable for your damages. While doing so, we will make every effort to minimize your legal or insurance burden so you can focus on what is most important – your health or the health of your loved one. Our Jacksonville spinal injury lawyers can:
- File your medical malpractice insurance claim or lawsuit
- Identify liable parties and prove their negligent actions caused your SCI
- Evaluate your financial losses and establish your right to compensation
- Collect evidence
- Hire and consult with experts
- Handle case-related emails, meetings, phone calls, paperwork, and deadlines
- Put decades of legal and insurance experience behind negotiating an advantageous insurance or pre-trial settlement
- Represent you at trial if necessary
We Charge Nothing Up Front or Out of Pocket
We believe everyone deserves access to quality legal representation, regardless of their current financial circumstances. Therefore, we never ask for upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Instead, our attorneys get paid if and when they collect compensation for you.
We Can Start on Your Case Today
In general, the faster you get to work on your medical malpractice case, the better. Acting quickly gives our Jacksonville attorneys the best opportunity to preserve evidence and speak with witnesses while your case is fresh in their minds.
Additionally, you must adhere to Florida’s statute of limitations for medical malpractice (Florida Statutes § 95.11), which generally allows up to two years from when your spinal injury occurred to file your lawsuit. Failing to meet the deadline could leave you without options for recovering your damages.
GED Lawyers can tell you more about seeking personal injury compensation for your SCI during a risk-free, no-cost consultation. Our team can begin assisting you the same day you reach out.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal injury lawyer serving Jacksonville, call (561) 995-1966
Compensation for Spinal Injuries
According to the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GOA), the lifetime medical cost of an SCI can range from $44,000 to $150,000, depending on the severity of the injury. In addition, SCIs can also leave sufferers with long-term or permanent physical disabilities and a range of related health conditions.
If you or your loved one suffered a spinal injury because of medical malpractice (or negligent treatment worsened your injury), you deserve compensation for your losses. Our Jacksonville spinal injury lawyers can identify and seek fair recovery for your damages, which may include:
- Current and future medical treatment, including emergency services, surgeries, hospital stays, physical therapy, rehabilitation, mobility aids and medical equipment, assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), in-home health care, and lifecare costs
- Pain and suffering, including compensation for physical pain, loss of mobility, inability to participate in activities or hobbies you once enjoyed, inability to complete career or educational goals, depression, stress, mental anguish, and other quality-of-life reductions
- Lost income, including wages, earnings, and health and retirement benefits
- Lost earning capacity if you cannot work, you must change jobs or reduce your hours
- Wrongful death compensation if your loved one suffered a fatal spinal injury
Does Florida Cap Medical Malpractice Damages?
Florida no longer caps medical malpractice compensation. In 2017, the state Supreme Court ruled that the damages cap established in Florida Statutes § 766.118 is not constitutional. This means our lawyers can pursue the total amount of your spinal cord injury losses (including economic and non-economic damages) without restrictions.
Jacksonville Spinal Injury Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Our Jacksonville Attorneys Will Prove Your Spinal Injury Resulted from Malpractice
Establishing that your spinal injury resulted from malpractice can be difficult, especially if you have no legal or medical background. Fortunately, our injury lawyers can put decades of experience behind proving your claim. We can show that:
- The doctor or facility responsible for your injury owed you a professional duty of care
- The liable party’s actions breached the duty of care (i.e., the doctor did not treat you according to the standards of the medical profession)
- The breach of duty caused your SCI
- Your spinal injury led to pain, suffering, and financial losses
Our attorneys can collect your medical records, interview witnesses who can testify regarding your care, and support your claim using medical and scientific research. We can also consult with health care providers and other subject matter experts who can give insight into how your injury occurred.
To prove your damages, we will collect your medical bills, pay stubs, and receipts. We can also work with economists, vocational experts, and doctors to get a clear understanding of your future medical expenses and your injury’s impact on your ability to earn a living.
Medical Errors that May Result in a Spinal Injury
We will fight to ensure you receive the compensation owed to you if your injury resulted from a physician’s negligent, reckless, or wrongful actions. We can assist with spinal injury cases involving:
- Wrong-site or wrong-patient surgery
- Surgical errors
- Medication errors and adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Anesthesia errors
- Allergic reactions
- Failure to diagnose or treat an injury or illness
- Failure to stabilize a back or spinal injury
- Lack of patient monitoring or premature patient discharge
- Negligent or abusive medical care
Click to contact our Florida Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers today
Contact GED Lawyers for Help with Your Duval County Spinal Injury Case
Contact GED Lawyers 24/7 for a free consultation and learn more about how our Jacksonville spinal injury lawyers can fight for you. A team member can tell you more about our services and how an attorney near you can take your case on contingency.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form