You notice a strange smell emanating from your kitchen. You check your oven but it’s shut off. After inspecting a little longer, you no longer notice the smell so you move on. But it turns out an electrical cord is beginning to melt and soon bursts into flames that grow so fast and hot that not even a fire extinguisher is enough to handle it.
The fire does plenty of damage to your home, but it’s salvageable. It just needs some repairs. You want to file a claim with your insurance provider, but it’s complex and you’re not certain you’ll receive compensation. A fire damage claims lawyer from our firm can guide you through the process and help you recover damages in Jacksonville.
Recover Compensation in Jacksonville With a Fire Damage Claims Attorney
Money is already tight, but now you face paying to repair fire damage in your home. It’s an expense that your insurance policy should cover but your insurance provider is giving you the runaround. They haven’t come out to your location to investigate the damage or are denying your claim entirely on illegitimate grounds.
You need compensation to cover your losses so you can return to your home and secure the future for yourself and your family. Our law firm has experience helping families like yours recover compensation from profit-driven insurance providers. A fire damage claims lawyer can help you recover damages, including:
- Repairs to your home: The top priority is to repair the damage to your home, which can be expensive. It’s even worse because it’s an expense you didn’t plan.
- Smoke damage: Smoke can also cause significant damage that will need cleaning.
- Soot removal: The soot left behind by the fire is a hazard, and removal is necessary.
- Water damage: Firefighters had to spray water inside and outside your home to put out the flames, causing water damage in the process.
- Relocation: You may not be able to stay in your home until repairs are made, so you may need to stay in a hotel or make other accommodations.
- Personal items: You likely lost personal items such as your phone and computer. Compensation can pay for replacements.
- Liability: If a fire spreads from your house and damages the neighbor’s home, you could be held liable for damages, which your insurance policy can cover.
You worked hard to one day purchase your own home and you’ve been paying for insurance for many years. You rightfully expect your insurance provider to support you and do the right thing. And maybe the fire did not damage your home. Perhaps there was a fire at your business. Whether you are a homeowner or a business owner, you need compensation to cover the damages. We can help.
A Fire Damage Claims Lawyer Can Benefit Your Fight for Compensation in Jacksonville
You need compensation, so you want to hire a lawyer to help you secure it. Hiring a fire damage claims lawyer with experience handling these types of cases can go a long way toward receiving the coverage you deserve in a timely manner so you can begin the process of rebuilding.
We urge you to consult with an attorney as soon as possible after a fire. An attorney can help you understand your policy and what it covers. You can also learn about your options to recover compensation. If you hire our firm to handle your case, we will:
- Notify your insurer
- Review your insurance policy
- Submit a claim for you
- Document the fire damage and your losses
- Collect evidence to support your claim
- Determine the amount of compensation you should receive
- Negotiate with your insurer to reach a fair settlement
- File a lawsuit and present your case in court, if necessary
- Dedicate time and resources to your case
When the insurance company acts in bad faith, it erodes trust in the system that you have been paying into for years. Insurance providers should honor their policies. Our firm wants to make sure that your insurance provider treats you fairly and provides you with the compensation you are entitled to receive after a fire.
Cost of a Fire Damage Claims Lawyer in Jacksonville
You may have concerns about hiring a lawyer because of the cost, but you don’t need to worry because we work on a contingency fee basis. You don’t pay us unless we win your case. This may come as quite a relief, and we understand that since you already feel financial stress because of the cost of repairing your home. After all, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that people in the United States spend billions of dollars every year on fire damage repairs.
In addition, there are no upfront costs and we offer free consultations so you can talk to us about your case and ask questions.
We Will Protect Your Rights
You may not understand your insurance policy, and you may feel helpless and at the mercy of the insurance company, but you have rights.
The Homeowner’s Bill of Rights provides you with protection against insurance companies that act in bad faith, according to the Florida Department of Financial Services. Among these rights include:
- The right to a fair claims process
- The right to mediation
- The right to a timely claim
You may not have even known about these rights, but we will protect them as we handle your claim.
Consult a Fire Damage Claims Attorney in Jacksonville Today
You are entitled to compensation for your losses after a fire. When the insurance company refuses or fails to cooperate and honor the terms of your policy, a fire damage claims lawyer can file your claim on your behalf and work to make sure you get every penny.
The insurance company has a team of lawyers representing them. You can even the playing field by hiring a lawyer to advocate for your best interests. To schedule a free consultation with a fire damage claims attorney from GED Lawyers, please do not hesitate to contact us today. Our team is ready to listen to you.