Residents of Jacksonville know how common it is to experience heavy rain. While rain is sometimes nothing more than a minor inconvenience, other times, it can lead to flooding. If your home was damaged because of a flood, you may need help paying to have your property fixed. Our Jacksonville flood damage lawyer can work with you to file a claim with your insurance company.
The team at GED Lawyers understands that it can be challenging to file a claim with your insurance company. You may also have trouble communicating with insurers who may not have your best interest in mind. By working with an attorney from our firm, you can avoid all the hassle of the claims process. We will handle everything, so you can focus on your priorities.
What Our Jacksonville Flood Damage Attorney Can Do To Help You
A Jacksonville flood damage lawyer from our team can handle your case for you. If your home was flooded, you have enough to take care of. You should focus on your family’s well-being. Our team can:
- Speak with your insurance carrier on your behalf: Some insurance companies do not look out for their client’s best interests. Your attorney can speak with your insurer to ensure you aren’t manipulating into saying something that could jeopardize your case.
- Negotiate for compensation that covers your flood-related losses: Your insurer might offer you a settlement that is lower than you deserve. Their goal might be to settle your case as quickly as possible by spending the least amount of money. We can negotiate for the money you need.
- Read your insurance policy to determine if flood damage is covered: Insurance policies are often written using terms that are difficult to understand. We can read through your policy to determine what types of flood damage your policy covers.
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices: Some insurers try to delay the processing of your claim or offer you a lowball settlement. Our firm can make sure you do not fall victim to these bad-faith practices.
- Help you appeal a denied insurance claim: If your flood damage claim was denied, we can find out the reason for the denial. Then, we can appeal your denied claim to help you seek compensation.
- Investigate the cause of the flood: We can use photos, videos, and statements from your family and neighbors to prove how the flood happened.
- Collect proof of the flood: We can help you gather evidence to use in your claim. This can help us prove that the flood was the cause of the damage to your property.
- Clarify complicated insurance jargon: Sometimes the terms insurers use are complicated. We can explain any complex language in a way that is easy to understand.
Filing an insurance claim can be difficult, especially if the insurance company uses tricky tactics to avoid paying you the money you need. You do not need to face the insurance company alone when you hire our Jacksonville lawyer.
What Types of Flood Damage Does Your Jacksonville Insurance Policy Cover?
What your insurance policy covers will ultimately depend on the policy you purchased. Many insurance policies do not cover flooding, as flood insurance is not required in Jacksonville. You typically need to purchase flood insurance in addition to your standard homeowners’ insurance policy.
Similarly, a standard car insurance policy will not cover flood damage to your vehicle. You generally need to purchase a comprehensive auto insurance policy for your car to be covered in the case of a flood.
If you purchased flood insurance, such as the insurance offered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), you may have coverage for:
- Flood-damaged appliances and furniture
- Damaged electrical systems
- Personal items
Your Jacksonville flood damage lawyer will need to read through your insurance policy to understand your coverage and assess your options for compensation.
When Should You Get Started on Your Flood Damage Claim in Jacksonville?
You should get started on your Jacksonville flood damage claim as soon as possible. In the aftermath of a flood, you are likely under a lot of stress, but it’s important to keep in mind that you do not have forever to file a claim.
How the flood occurred may influence how long you have to file a claim. We recommend you get started early, as time passes quickly while you’re busy with repairs. Allow our team to work on your claim for you. We can ensure it is filed on time and collect all the information we need to submit to your insurer.
Your Jacksonville Flood Damage Lawyer Can Help You Appeal a Denied Claim
Some flood damage claims are denied because:
- You did not provide the insurance company with enough information
- The insurance company does not believe that a flood was the reason for the damage to your property
- Your insurance policy does not cover all the items listed in your claim
Even if your claim is denied, you can still fight for compensation. Your Jacksonville flood damage attorney can help you appeal a denied claim.
We can speak with the insurance company to understand why the claim was denied. Then, we can strengthen your claim to help you pursue a fair settlement.
How Does Flooding Occur in Jacksonville?
Flood damage can result from a range of accidents. Although many floods happen because of natural disasters like tropical storms or hurricanes, some floods occur because of:
- Pipe bursts
- Poor drainage systems
- Clogged rain gutters
- Appliance malfunctions
We will need to submit evidence that proves the damage was flood-related. Our team can gather this evidence and use it to support your case.
Contact GED Lawyers To Learn More About Our Services
If you need help filing a flood damage claim, or wish to appeal a denial, our team is ready to work with you. Since 1995, GED Lawyers has worked with clients to help them fight for fair case outcomes.
Call us today to get started with a free consultation. One of our team members can explain how our Jacksonville flood damage lawyer can help with your case.