After you’ve spent time and resources assisting a patient whose care should have been covered by their personal injury protection (PIP) benefits, you expect to have your services paid by the insurer. However, the transaction is not always as simple as it should be. Sometimes, PIP insurers deny benefits for something as small as a mistake in the paperwork. Yet, neither you nor the patient should have to foot the bill.
GED Lawyers can take on the insurance company on your behalf. Our Jacksonville personal injury protection (PIP) lawyer will uncover the reason for the denial, make corrections, and communicate with the insurance company to recover what you’re owed for your services. If there isn’t a legitimate reason for their denial, we will use the evidence we uncover to expose their bad-faith tactics and recover what you’re owed. In the meantime, you can keep doing what you do best–helping injured people.
PIP Is Mandatory for Most Florida Motorists, So Your Patient Deserves Benefits
Florida drivers are supposed to be able to count on their PIP insurance, as it was created to ensure fair payments to those who suffer injuries in a car accident. Since it should be guaranteed, regardless of who caused the collision, denying benefits because of a mistake (or the company’s bottom line) should not stand.
Those who pay to receive these benefits should expect PIP to cover:
- Up to 80 percent of necessary medical treatment not to exceed $10,000
- Up to 60 percent of lost wages while the patient recovers
- Up to $5,000 for each person who passes away as the result of an accident
While not universally true, sometimes PIP will also cover supplemental medical care provided by a chiropractor or physician’s assistant.
Some Florida Motorists Have to Elect to Receive PIP Coverage
Per Florida law, every driver is required to have PIP coverage. However, motorcycle drivers (and other motorists on less than four wheels) are not required to carry insurance.
In addition, some motorists who aren’t Florida residents are still required to carry PIP insurance. If they work or go to school in Florida, they have up to ten days to obtain the required coverage before they are vulnerable to legal repercussions, including:
- Driver’s license, plate, and driving privilege suspension for a period of up to three years
- Fees of up to $500 to reinstate coverage
- Potential legal action from victims of the accident who depend on the at-fault party’s required coverage for their repairs and serious injury medical treatment
Injured People with Serious Injuries May Need to Seek Additional Benefits at Trial
In some cases, PIP benefits are not enough to cover the cost of medical treatment. In these cases, your patient would need to pursue additional insurance coverage from the at-fault party’s provider. This may require a lengthy trial process during which the injured person’s attorney would fight to recover the cost of their treatment.
After winning additional benefits in a settlement or trial verdict, their attorney would use their money to pay off medical debts and other bills.
Why Would a Patient’s PIP Coverage Be Denied, Limited, or Delayed?
Unfortunately, insurance providers cannot always be relied upon to pay what a patient is owed through their coverage. While it’s possible for a patient’s benefits to be denied, limited, or delayed based on a mistake, it’s also possible for insurance adjusters to use bad-faith tactics to save their bottom line.
When the insurer issues an explanation for the benefits they did or did not allow, our attorneys can scrutinize the paperwork. We can determine if you are eligible to pursue the insurance company for the payment you deserve. If you are eligible, we will handle the entire process from beginning to end, so you don’t have to disrupt your day-to-day life to recover your payment.
What Can GED Lawyers Do for You?
Like you, we are committed to helping injured people across the state of Florida. We have experience dealing with insurance companies to help those whose lives were disrupted by a serious auto accident. In fact, our history of success has resulted in millions of dollars recovered.
When we take you on as our client, we provide a wide range of services, including:
- Assessing the patient’s PIP paperwork or explanation of benefits (EOP) to determine why their benefits are being denied or underpaid
- Determining why the patient’s benefits are being delayed and pushing back against these tactics
- Taking on the burden of the legal process, so you can continue to focus on your priorities
- Communicating with the insurer and negotiating for the payment you deserve for your services
- Meeting the deadlines and filing requirements for the legal process of recovering your payment
- Providing frequent case updates and answering questions
We know how to deal with the insurer. Let us use our resources, time, and knowledge to take on this battle for the compensation that you deserve.
One of the ways we measure our success is through our client satisfaction. To get an idea of what you can expect when you work with our firm, take a look at our reviews. Here’s what some of our clients have to say about working with us:
- GED Lawyers has made it very easy for us to work with them. We have a main contact who we can always speak to when we have questions. They have been very successful in recovery for our company and do all the work behind the scenes which allows my staff to stay focused on their daily tasks. – Robin
- I work with White Sands Chiropractic Clinic and personally with Vanessa GED lawyers in handling our workload…Totally happy and amazed with monies retrieved on past and present insurance claims. Would highly recommend any medical office to work with such a gem. It’s refreshing to work with someone who takes her job for us seriously.” – Myra
Allow Our Jacksonville Personal Injury (PIP) Lawyer to Recover Your Expenses
You’ve got an important job to do–you don’t have time to go back and forth with the insurance company on what may or may not have caused your patient’s benefits to be denied. Allow our team to handle the back-and-forth. We will fight to ensure you receive the payment that you deserve for the services you rendered in Duval County.
Call or visit us online for your free consultation.