The aftermath of a hurricane is always emotional and traumatic. The last thing you want to do is battle your insurance company for the compensation you need to repair your home. We can help you. While you focus on taking care of your family, our Jacksonville Hurricane Ian lawyer will take on the insurance company for you.
If you insured your home, you deserve compensation when you need it most. You do not have to take on this monumental task on your own. At GED Lawyers, we will help you document the damages to your property and file a claim with your insurer. If your initial claim was denied, we will help you file an effective appeal. We work hard to recover compensation and give you and your family peace of mind.
How Our Jacksonville Attorneys Build Your Case for Compensation After Hurricane Ian
Bring our legal team a copy of your homeowners’ insurance policy including any amendments and attachments. If you have separate flood insurance and auto insurance, bring those policies as well. We will:
- Read and review all applicable policies including the fine print
- Explain your coverage limitations and maximums
- Obtain and complete required insurance claim forms
- Explain the filing deadlines relevant to your case
- Clarify potentially confusing legal and insurance language
When our law firm advocates for you, we help protect you from lowball and otherwise insufficient settlement offers. We also protect you from bad-faith insurance practices or from getting lost in the shuffle of a mountain of claims your insurer might be facing. We work hard to give your case the attention it needs and to treat you like a person, not a case file.
Do Not Wait To Put Our Law Firm To Work on Your Jacksonville, FL Case
According to Florida Statutes § 627.70132, you could have as few as three years to file your initial claim, any supplemental claims, or reopened claim. Our legal team’s familiarity with Florida law means we understand the statute of limitations. It also means we work hard to meet all applicable filing and notification deadlines.
The sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the more time we have to document your losses and prove your right to financial recovery.
Our Hurricane Ian Lawyer Helps Document Your Jacksonville Property Damage
At GED Lawyers, we know documenting the damage to your home can be emotionally challenging. It can also be a frustrating and time-consuming task. When we represent you, we help you by:
- Conducting a comprehensive and objective assessment of readily apparent and potentially unseen property damage
- Taking photos and videos of your real and personal property damages in detail and from multiple angles
- Recording interior and exterior damage to real property, including outbuildings and landscaping
Our Hurricane Ian attorney will review your evidence and work hard to help you recover appropriate compensation to cover your losses.
What Not To Do When Filing a Hurricane Ian Insurance Claim
Hurricane damage can be frustrating, and it can be tempting to share your exasperation. We encourage you to carefully record your damages but avoid the following actions:
- Making statements to an insurance representative that might later be misconstrued
- Failing to track any oral, written, or electronic communication you have with the insurer
- Making statements or posting photos or videos on social media channels
- Signing any paperwork or finalizing your claim without consulting our legal team
You should make any unavoidable repairs such as boarding windows to secure your property and save any resulting receipts. Also, save receipts related to temporarily relocating yourself and your family to a safer location.
You May Have To Pursue Compensation From Multiple Insurance Policies
According to Insurance Information Institute (III) guidelines, more than one type of insurance can cover your damages. Accordingly:
- Any flood damage will be covered under a separate policy
- In a claim to repair your damaged or destroyed car, your auto insurance policy may cover those damages
You do not have to face multiple insurance policies, adjusters, and other representatives on your own in Hurricane Ian’s aftermath. Our law firm offers the legal guidance and support you need. When we take on your case, we work with all insurers to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
You Do Not Have To Accept a Denial or an Insufficient Settlement Amount
Florida Statutes § 627.7142 outlines your rights and your insurer’s responsibilities in its Homeowner Bill of Rights. Our law firm will support you through every aspect of your claim including filing an appeal for an insufficient or denied claim. To bolster and support your claim, we will:
- Review your initial claim and any evidence you provided
- Review any correspondence related to your denied claim
- Identify any bad faith tactics that may have affected your claim
Leave it to us. We never stop fighting for the financial recovery you need to start rebuilding your property and start putting your life back together.
Hurricane Ian Caused Extensive Property Damage and Loss in Jacksonville, FL
When Hurricane Ian made landfall in Florida, its winds reached 155 mph with more than 20 inches of rainfall. According to Florida’s Office of Insurance Regulations (FLOIR) data, this Category 5 storm caused $13,937,676,794 in damages, affecting 494,078 residential properties.
If your property was damaged or destroyed in the September 2022 weather event, our Hurricane Ian property damage claims lawyer will help you recover damages. We take on the insurance company — big or small — and fight by your side.
Contact One of Our Team Members To Review Your Jacksonville Hurricane Ian Case Today
If Hurricane Ian damaged or destroyed your home, our law firm will help you pursue compensation from your insurance company. At GED Lawyers, we also help if your initial application was denied or if you received an unreasonably low settlement offer.
You do not have to settle for less compensation than you deserve or battle the insurance company on your own. Contact our case review team today to find out how hard our Jacksonville Hurricane Ian lawyer will fight for you.