If you or a loved one was injured in a bus accident in Jacksonville, you might be able to claim compensation. Since 1995, we have been helping people who were injured because of another party’s negligence. We want to help you, too. Our Jacksonville bus accident lawyer is here to guide you through the legal process and take care of all the details of your case.
The Benefits of Hiring Our Jacksonville Bus Accident Attorney
Our lawyers are here to support you from the moment you contact us. We provide a free initial consultation to help you understand your legal options for pursuing compensation. Bus accident cases can be complex, as several different parties are often involved. Working with us means you can access our experience and knowledge throughout the legal process.
Additionally, we take care of everything you need to build your case, and if you have questions, we are always on hand to guide you. Our team goes the extra mile for everyone we represent and we have a reputation of success. We maintain our high levels of client satisfaction by providing the following legal services:
Supporting Our Clients With Personalized Care, Support, and Attention
Everyone we represent is unique. As such, we build genuine connections with our clients, taking the time to understand precisely how being injured has affected their home, work, social life, finances, and mental well-being. With us, your needs come first, so personalized attention and care are integral to the way we support you. Examples of how we go the extra mile for our clients include:
- Providing a free initial consultation so you can learn more about your legal options
- Coming to you if your injuries prevent you from traveling
- Promptly answering your questions
- Providing regular case updates
- We are multicultural and fluent in multiple languages, including Spanish, Arabic, Creole, Greek, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish.
Managing Your Bus Accident Case, Leaving You To Focus on Your Health and Well-Being
If the thought of dealing with mountains of legal paperwork seems daunting, do not worry. We manage the work of building your case, enabling you to focus on your recovery with the peace of mind that your case is in capable hands. What this can involve in practical terms includes:
- Dealing with the day-to-day administration of your case
- Investigating the facts of the accident to identify who is responsible for causing your injuries
- Gathering and structuring evidence to show how the other party’s negligence resulted in your injuries and other financial losses
- Working with medical and financial experts to evaluate the full extent of your current and anticipated damages
While we are a full-service law firm, this does not mean you will feel isolated from the process. Our team is always available if you need to contact us, and we check in with you regularly with case updates to see how you are getting along.
Dealing With Jacksonville Insurance Companies To Protect Your Rights
While we support our clients with compassion and care, we adopt a different tone when leading settlement negotiations and communications with the at-fault party or their insurers. We want to ensure your settlement is appropriate for the harm you have suffered, whereas most insurance companies will seek to protect their profit margins when it comes to paying out on claims.
Enabling Access to Justice and Compensation in Your Jacksonville Bus Accident Case
We never ask our clients to pay upfront fees, as we provide our legal services on a contingency-fee basis. This means we only collect payment from you after we have secured your compensation. Simply put, you owe us nothing unless we win your case.
Compensation Available in Jacksonville Bus Accident Injury Lawsuits
Compensation for bus accidents varies for every case, as no two accidents are identical. However, as a general guide, the following types of financial damages are available:
- Medical bills: The cost of your doctor’s appointments, hospital stays, ambulance rides, medications, assistive devices, surgery, and medical testing are all compensable.
- Rehabilitation costs: Physiotherapy, counseling, and occupational therapy are expensive. We can seek compensation to pay for the cost of your rehabilitation expenses. If you need in-home care to support your recovery, you can request compensation for this expense, as well.
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity: In some instances, your injuries will prevent you from returning to work. You may also be limited when it comes to the type of work you can do. If your injuries prevent you from earning money, our team can request compensation to make up for your lost income and reduced capacity to make a living.
- Pain and suffering: Bus accident injuries may lead to significant physical pain and suffering. You could recover compensation for the pain and suffering you endured.
- Lost or damaged property: If your car sustained damage after a bus accident in Jacksonville, you may be able to recover compensation to pay for the cost of repairs or vehicle replacement.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one passed away in a bus accident, our team can explain how to file a wrongful death case. Generally, you can seek compensation for your loved one’s funeral and burial.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time To File a Bus Accident Lawsuit in Jacksonville
It is important to be mindful of Jacksonville laws limiting the amount of time you file a personal injury lawsuit. For example, if you are injured in a bus accident, you typically have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party per Florida Statutes § 95.11. Similarly, the statute of limitations for wrongful death actions in Jacksonville is two years in most cases per Florida Statutes § 95.11.
Contact Our Jacksonville Bus Accident Team for a Free Consultation
The team at GED Lawyers understands the challenges and frustration you may face in the aftermath of a Jacksonville bus collision. As such, we work tirelessly to help our clients get the compensation needed to rebuild their lives. Let us put our experience, determination, resources, and knowledge to work for you today. Contact us for a free consultation to learn about your legal options for pursuing compensation today.