Motor Vehicle Accidents
While road, traffic, and weather conditions may be contributing factors in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that reckless driving behavior on the part of others is generally to blame. This includes:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights or disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, failure to yield, or improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or prescription medications.
These types of dangerous driving behaviors are also common causes of bicycle and pedestrian accidents. In these cases, the motorist involved can be held legally liable for damages you suffer through a personal injury claim.
Slip and Fall Accidents/Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability is a type of personal injury case involving injuries that occur on another’s property. They can happen at places such as grocery stores, restaurants, shopping malls, resorts, medical facilities, office buildings, or even in other people’s homes.
When slips and falls happen or you suffer injuries due to being struck by or against objects, it is often the negligent actions or inaction of the property owner that are ultimately to blame. As experienced attorneys, we hold property owners and managers accountable for failing to warn you of potential dangers and for failing to address the following types of safety issues:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Cluttered aisles and walkways;
- Torn carpeting and loose flooring tiles;
- Overstocked shelves and loose fixtures;
- Lack of proper lighting or landscaping;
- Lack of hand or guardrails on stairs and at heights.
When injuries occur as a result of any of the above or other causes, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
Defective or Dangerous Products
The Consumer Public Safety Commission (CPSC) issues thousands of product recalls each year due to dangerous and defective products. Unfortunately, thousands more of these products end up going unreported and can end up causing users serious personal injuries. At Ged Lawyers, LLP, we hold manufacturers and distributors accountable in personal injury cases involving the following:
- Failure to provide proper instructions for product use;
- Failure to provide warning labels on packaging;
- Failure to ensure that products conform with safety regulations;
- Failure to act on reports of problems and pull dangerous or defective products from the market.
Sports or Recreation Accidents
Personal injuries suffered while engaged in sporting activities are common and are often due to negligence on the part of team administrators, coaches, and staff in failing to provide proper instruction or the appropriate safety equipment. Recreational accidents, such as when personal injuries occur while boating, swimming, or other hobbies, can happen due to lack of experience or being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating substances.
In these types of cases, as well as in cases involving dog bites and other common causes of personal injuries, Ged Lawyers, LLP is here to help you seek the compensation you need to recover in a claim.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form