If your property suffered damage from a flood in Panama City, your flood insurance policy may cover your losses. Getting fair coverage is not always easy, though, and a Panama City flood damage lawyer from GED Lawyers can help with your claim.
We will stand toe-to-toe with your insurance company, fighting for the maximum recovery to which you’re entitled.
Are You the Victim of a Flood?
For insurance purposes, there are specific definitions of events that qualify as a “flood”. Not all water damage will activate your flood insurance policy, but you should generally get flood insurance coverage if:
- Standing rainwater on your property rose high enough to damage property
- Overflow from nearby water sources caused damage
- Any other exterior water source caused damage to your property
It is important to consider the nuances of flood insurance. An attorney can review both your policy and the circumstances that caused your property damage. We can determine if your flood insurance applies, and we can then seek compensation for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a flood damage lawyer serving Panama City, call (844) 443-3529
What Does Flood Insurance Generally Cover?
While each policy has unique details that we must consider, flood coverage may be similar across most policies. Flood insurance generally covers:
- Damage to walls, doors, the wood frame, and other structural components of a building
- Damage to electrical components, air conditioning components, plumbing, and other essential features of your building
- Personal contents of the damaged property, such as televisions, furniture, refrigerators, stoves, light fixtures, and other property that would have been difficult to remove from the home before a flood
- The cost of cleanup, debris removal, and other flood-related services to get your property back to its original shape
There are many factors to consider when assessing your coverage. Your choice of insurer, chosen coverage limits, and other details of your policy will be noteworthy.
Certain Losses May Not Be Recoverable
You must set expectations for insurance coverage. As the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) explains, there is generally a $250,000 cap on coverage for flood damage. This cap could be higher if your damaged property is a business. When we review your case, we’ll explain the specific amounts of coverage your policy entitles you to.
In addition to coverage caps, certain losses are not generally recoverable after a flood. You may not generally receive compensation for:
- Cash, coins, and other types of loose money
- Gold, silver, stones, jewelry, and similar valuables
- Damaged property that was outside of an enclosed structure
- Damaged motor vehicles such as cars, SUVs, trucks, and lawn mowers
The cost of relocating to a hotel, Airbnb, or other temporary housing is not generally recoverable, either.
Decisions about recoverable and non-recoverable damages must come on a case-by-case basis. These are general rules, but you should have a Panama City flood damage lawyer from GED Lawyers review your case. We will try to get coverage for every damage that is possibly recoverable.
Panama City Flood Damage Lawyer Near Me (844) 443-3529
Why You Should Choose GED Lawyers to Lead Your Flood Insurance Claim
A flood in Panama City will introduce a slew of new responsibilities into your life. You may have to spend substantial time removing damaged items, cleaning up your flood-drenched property, and still have to work, care for family, and tend to other personal responsibilities.
We advise that you hire GED Lawyers to handle your insurance claim. Trying to fight for fair insurance coverage while recovering from a disaster can put great stress on you and your family.
Hiring GED Lawyers will:
- Afford you more time to restore your property
- Protect you from the stress of dealing with the insurance company, the federal government, and any other parties involved in your claim
- Provide you an entire law firm to fight for your financial recovery
Flood insurance claims can involve significant sums of compensation. Our firm understands the differences between disaster-related policies, and we know what flood insurance should cover. Insurance companies will not get away with trying to lowball you, unfairly denying your claim, or engaging in other bad-faith approaches.
Client Testimonials for GED Lawyers
Many clients have left GED Lawyers rave reviews, including:
- “I highly recommend GED Lawyers to everyone reading this review and looking for a lawyer. We can’t praise them enough nor can we ever thank them enough for all their hard work and dedication to our case. The entire team at GED Lawyers was helpful, hardworking and thorough.” – Chris Robinson, client
- “The GED Lawyers team is the best in the business. They made me feel comfortable, kept me informed and up to date and have by far the most incredible staff. They care about YOU and nothing else. They are communicative and make sure you are involved in every step of the process. I recommend them 100% and will come to them for any law needs. Thank you, team!!!” – Amanda Standley, client
We treat each client like family, and you’ll experience the same type of legal representation when you hire us for your case in Panama City.
How We Will Help with Your Claim in Panama City
Flood insurance is available largely because of the National Flood Insurance Act of 1968. This legislation established the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), as the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) explains. With this program, the federal government began subsidizing flood insurance, ensuring that those in high-risk (and even low- and moderate-risk) flood zones could receive the insurance they need.
The federal government’s involvement in flood insurance can make the claims process unusually difficult. Rather than dealing with just the insurance company, there is another party to consider, adding a new set of complications.
GED Lawyers are used to the complicated nature of flood claims, and we’ll navigate those challenges as we seek compensation for you. We can help you by:
- Reviewing your flood insurance policy, focusing specifically on your coverage limits and other relevant policy details
- Calculating the cost of your covered damages
- Handling all communications with your flood insurer
- Negotiating a settlement with the insurance company
- Defending you against any threats to your claim
- Taking additional legal steps to pursue compensation, if necessary
GED Lawyers’ goal is to get fair compensation for you.
Call GED Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
Property damage from a flood can be devastating, and you need your insurance compensation as quickly as possible. A Panama City flood damage lawyer from GED Lawyers will work quickly, starting (or continuing) your claim and moving towards a resolution with the insurance company.
Call GED Lawyers today for your free consultation.