Have you or someone you love been injured and suffered property damage or loss due to a construction accident? At GED Lawyers, our Panama City construction accident lawyer can help you recover the resulting financial expenses and losses. We will investigate your accident, identify the at-fault party or parties, and build a strong evidence file that proves your right to recover monetary compensation.
Our client-focused team is on your side. Our investigation will prove the cause of the accident and prove the financial value of your injuries. We will fight to recover appropriate compensation and make sure your case is filed in time to comply with Florida’s statute of limitations. While we focus on preparing your case, you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
Economic and Non-Economic Recoverable Construction Accident Damages
Our law firm understands that no two injured clients are exactly alike, so we do not take a cookie-cutter approach to determining the value of your case. The compensation our law firm fights to recover for you will depend on a number of factors specific to you.
You could be entitled to the following economic damages:
- Medical bills throughout your recovery
- All injury- and recovery-related income loss
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or total property loss
- Diminished property value
A construction accident can also cause a variety of non-economic damages. These are more difficult to value on your own and can include:
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We also document these damages with bills, receipts, and estimates that are added to your evidence file along with proof of liability.
Construction Accident Fatalities Can Result in Wrongful Death Damages
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) research, there were 82 construction-related fatal injuries in 2020. The unexpected loss of a loved one in a construction accident can leave your family unsure of what to do.
When we represent you, we help your family recover a range of wrongful death damages. In addition to funeral and burial expenses, you could also be entitled to the loss of your loved one’s income and domestic contributions. Our construction accident lawyer will calculate these damages for you and ensure the appropriate family members file a wrongful death action.
Florida’s Construction Accident Statute of Limitations
Like all cases based on negligence, your personal injury case has a state-imposed time limit. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11:
- You generally have up to four years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- Your family generally has up to two years from the date of their loved one’s demise to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
The majority of cases like these are settled without having to go to court. If settlement negotiations are prolonged in your case or a favorable settlement seems unlikely, our Panama City construction accident lawyer will file your lawsuit within the allotted time.
At GED Lawyers, our goal is to protect your right to take your case to trial, if needed, and to fight for its best possible outcome.
Our Client-Friendly Personal Injury Fee Structure
When we take on your case, we work with you on a contingency fee basis. Our fee structure is contingent on your financial award, and if your case does not result in monetary recovery, you owe us nothing.
We will handle every aspect of your case at no upfront or out-of-pocket costs to you, which can help you avoid a potentially costly filing delay. It will also ensure your family does not experience additional financial strain while you recover.
Our Construction Accident Lawyer Will Handle Evidence Collection for You
Collecting the evidence that supports your case can be a time-consuming and tedious process. Medical bills can come from a variety of physicians and facilities, property repair estimates can vary greatly, and construction industry evidence can be hard to obtain.
When we handle your case, we obtain the following evidence on your behalf:
- Medical records and bills
- Proof of income and loss
- Photos of your injuries
- Lay and expert witness statements
- Construction site photos and videos
- Construction vehicle dashcam footage
You are not alone in your pursuit of financial recovery. While you focus on recovering your health, you can leave evidence collection and the insurance company to us.
Let Us Deal with the Insurance Company on Your Behalf
Our Panama City construction accident lawyer will deal with the insurance company for you. We will obtain, complete, and submit all claim forms and evidence related to your case. We also handle the negotiation process for you including settlement offers and counteroffers and start by ensuring the value assigned to your case is accurate before the start of settlement talks.
Reviews and Recommendations from Previous Clients
Our team works hard to provide every injured client we represent with outstanding service. Previous clients say the following:
- Pierce Debaldo: “Working with GED Lawyers has been a pleasure from day one. They were constantly communicating with me on the progress of my case. Further, I also received a higher settlement than originally anticipated. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is injured, as they will take great care of you.”
- Courtney Felt: “They are very up front about your case and where it could lead, and they disclose every foreseeable step. Nothing is pleasant about a personal injury case; however, having good people on your side makes a huge difference. Hopefully, I will never need them again, but if I do, I will definitely return.”
Your case is a priority for our client-oriented law firm, so we make sure you get the attention to detail you and your case need and deserve.
Your Initial Case Review Is Free
If you or someone you love were injured in a construction accident, the at-fault party could be held responsible for your resulting expenses and losses. Our construction accident lawyer fights to recover damages for injured parties in Panama City. Contact one of our case review team members at GED Lawyers to explore your options for financial compensation today.