A range of accidents can cause broken bones, from car crashes to dog bites. If you believe another party is responsible for your injuries, you may be eligible for compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
You have the right to legal counsel during this process. Our Middleton broken bones lawyer at GED Lawyers can help you take action against the liable party. We’re prepared to fight for compensation on your behalf. While you visit doctor’s appointments, spend time with your family, and recover from your accident, we will fight for your compensation.
Do You Need To Hire a Middleton Broken Bones Lawyer?
In Massachusetts, you can file a lawsuit or submit an insurance claim without hiring a Middleton personal injury lawyer. However, those without legal training are typically unfamiliar with the challenges of broken bones cases, including:
- Negotiating with insurers
- Adhering to legal procedure
- Filing a lawsuit
- Using evidence to make a compelling argument
- Knowing when to file a lawsuit
- Identifying unfair settlement offers
Handling a broken bones case is a lot of work. If you go it alone, you’ll need to manage communications with every involved party, submit documentation, and avoid making mistakes that could cost you your case.
That’s where our team comes in. Consider these benefits our firm can offer you:
- Years of experience: Our team has years of experience. They understand the ins and outs of the Massachusetts legal system and are ready to put this knowledge to work for you.
- No upfront fees or retainers: We understand that medical treatment for broken bones can be expensive, particularly if your insurer isn’t providing adequate coverage. To ensure our legal services are accessible for those who need them, we work on a contingency-fee basis. We require no upfront fees and only get paid if you win your case. Working with GED Lawyers is risk-free.
- Total legal support: Our team has you covered, from contacting insurers to meeting critical deadlines. If you’re suffering from broken bones, you deserve time to recover from your injuries. While you get back on your feet, our team will manage every aspect of your case, fighting for a fair case outcome.
Damages Available to Middleton Broken Bone Accident Victims
You can recover damages after suffering a broken bone injury. The damages you recover can help you pay for the following types of losses:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Diminished earning ability
- Property damage
- Lowered quality of life
- Wrongful death damages, if applicable
Remember that some damages not noted here may apply to your case. To determine which damages you’re eligible for, we can review your medical records and the facts of your accident.
How Can You Pursue Damages in Middleton After a Broken Bone Injury?
After a broken bone accident, you can pursue damages in one of two ways:
- By submitting an insurance claim: Massachusetts has certain insurance requirements. This means that after a car accident, for example, you can receive compensation from your insurer or the insurer of the party who caused your accident. If your broken bones weren’t caused by a car accident, don’t fret. Businesses and other organizations typically carry liability insurance.
- By filing a lawsuit: In some broken bones cases, filing a lawsuit is the most effective way to pursue compensation. Lawsuits don’t always lead to trial. In fact, many personal injury lawsuits are settled through out-of-court negotiations.
Our team is prepared to pursue whichever approach makes the most sense for your case. We can negotiate with insurers, identify the party responsible for your injuries, and file a lawsuit if needed. A Middleton broken bones lawyer from our firm can also stand up for your rights in court.
Determining Who Caused Your Broken Bones Accident
In a personal injury case, it’s essential that you determine who’s responsible for your accident. If you can’t accomplish this goal, you may be unable to pursue compensation. These are some potentially liable parties in a broken bones case:
- A reckless driver
- A business with unsafe premises
- A manufacturer that distributed a faulty product
- A boat captain driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- A trucker neglecting to take adequate rest time
These are just a few examples. It’s possible that your accident was caused by an individual or group not mentioned here.
Our team is prepared to undergo an investigation to determine who’s responsible for your injuries. To do so, we can review the following types of evidence:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Your medical records
- Images of the accident scene
- Footage of your accident
Broken Bones Cases in Middleton Have a Filing Deadline
After a broken bones accident, you generally have three years to file a lawsuit, per Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 260 § 2A. This deadline only applies to lawsuits. However, it would be best if you considered getting a head start on your case for these reasons:
- It provides you or your lawyer ample time to gather evidence and build an argument
- Your lawyer has more time to collect evidence that could disappear the longer we wait
- It ensures that witnesses remember what they know about your accident
Types of Broken Bones Cases Our Middleton Attorneys Can Work On
Broken bones cases are filed into the category of personal injury law. For example, if you were hit by a driver who ran a red light, that would be a personal injury case. To receive compensation for your injuries in these cases, you typically need to file an insurance claim or pursue a lawsuit.
These are some common types of cases a Middleton broken bones lawyer from our team can work on:
- Dog bites
- Bicycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- Car accidents
- Premises liability
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall
Don’t see the accident that caused your injury here? We can discuss the specifics of your accident during a free case evaluation.
Contact Us To Work With a Middleton Broken Bones Lawyer Today
You deserve time to rest, recover, and plan your next steps after you sustain a broken bone. At GED Lawyers, we’re here to give you the space you need. Let us fight for compensation on your behalf. Contact us for a free consultation today.