We often assume that just because a product is available for purchase, it is safe for us to use. However, more and more stories about companies hiding information and downplaying the effects of dangerous products seem to surface. If you or a loved one suffered harm after using a dangerous or defective product in Middleton, MA, the liable party should compensate you for your damages.
A Middleton product liability lawyer at GED Lawyers can help you take legal action against the negligent company, corporation, or organization. You can start with a free consultation with us. We can review your case’s facts, explain your options, and answer your questions. We can start on your case without any upfront fees or costs if you hire us. We don’t get paid unless you recover a financial award.
Our Middleton Product Liability Attorney Will Fight for Your Just Compensation
Unsafe products cause bodily injuries and illness. They also cause people to make poor choices based on misleading or insufficient information. If this happened to you or your loved one in Middleton, you can take steps to hold the negligent manufacturer accountable, as the American Bar Association (ABA) explains. You may be able to recover damages in a product liability claim or lawsuit. A personal injury attorney at our firm can determine your losses after reviewing your case. You could receive money for:
- In-patient or outpatient care for illness caused by a dangerous product
- Emergency medical treatment
- Physical therapy
- Medication and medical equipment
- Travel costs
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning ability
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering (Lost reputation, humiliation, lost quality of life, depression, etc.)
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Middleton, call (561) 995-1966
What does a Middleton, MA, Product Liability Attorney Do?
Product liability is an area of personal injury law that deals with dangerous or defective products that hurt consumers. Our product liability lawyer serving Middleton, MA, will determine the liability issue at the heart of your case and build a legal strategy that holds the negligent company accountable.
Types of Product Liability Issues
A product may be defective in three ways:
- Defective Design
A product with a defective design contains flaws introduced in the creation phase. This could be an issue inherent in the materials used to create it, a flawed design in how it works, or a flaw in its intended use.
- Defective Manufacturing
An error made in the creation or manufacturing of a product may be why it is dangerous to consumers. In this situation, a flaw may have occurred on the assembly line. For instance, a rusty nail dropped into a can of coke or a machine calibration error that reinforces the stitching on a baby carrier in the wrong place.
- Defective Warning or Misleading Information
A defective warning occurs when a company fails to warn of a product’s known risks or provides false or misleading information about the product. The failure may be in labeling the product accurately or in advertising or promoting it.
Middleton Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Financial Recovery in a Middleton, MA, Product Liability Case
Once we identify the product’s defect, it’s our job to prove you should recover damages for the harm you suffered. The specific type of error, defect, or issue can impact how much you recover in your case.
The Manufacturer Is Responsible for Damages Under Strict Liability Law
In many situations, we could pursue compensation under strict liability. Under this legal theory, a manufacturer, seller, or distributor is automatically responsible for injuries or losses that result from a defective or unreasonably dangerous product they sold. We must also prove you were using the product as intended when the injury occurred and that you or no one else changed it in any substantial way from the time you bought it.
Proving Negligence in a Middleton Product Liability Case
In a case where strict liability isn’t an option, our Middleton personal injury attorney must prove that negligence caused the injuries you suffered. A successful civil suit needs to show the four components of negligence, which are:
- Duty: The product manufacturer, seller, or distribution company has a duty to exercise a reasonable standard of care when creating, handling, or selling a product.
- Breach of standard of care: The company failed to take the reasonable care expected of it in the situation.
- Causation: The company’s failure to exercise reasonable care caused you harm; without its negligent error or omission, you wouldn’t have gotten hurt.
- Damages: The company’s negligence resulted in your compensatory damages, such as financial losses or emotional pain and suffering.
Our Middleton, MA, Injury Attorneys Can Manage Your Entire Case
The attorneys at our firm serving Middleton will gather critical evidence and information to prove negligence caused your pain and suffering. While this is the foundation of your compensation recovery, it is only one aspect of handling your case. Our injury law firm takes on various tasks when managing your case. A lawyer at our firm will:
- Investigate the cause of your injuries and how the accident happened
- Identify the liable parties (manufacturer, seller, distribution company, or shipment company)
- Gather evidence to support our theory of negligence or strict liability, including medical records, photos of injuries, company records, witness testimony
- Handle all phone, email, or in-person communications for you
- File a product liability claim with the liable party’s insurance
- Demand and negotiate a fair settlement offer on your behalf
- Initiate a product liability lawsuit if we must sue for compensation at trial
- Update you on your case’s developments
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Take Action with a Middle Product Liability Lawyer at GED Lawyers
When a manufacturer does not provide reasonably safe products, the consumers paying money for their products ultimately pay again with their health or their lives. We will help you hold any party in the chain responsible for the harm suffered.
GED Lawyers wants to help you get better and fully recover from your accident. Our Middleton product liability lawyer is ready to get to work to recover the financial compensation you deserve. Call us today for a free case evaluation.