If you’ve fallen in a business or public place in Massachusetts, you may have a case that could recover financial compensation. Companies must comply with numerous safety guidelines under state law. They must make sure their premises are safe before their patrons can enter.
If they haven’t done this and you or a loved one suffered an injury, they could be liable for your accident-related damages. A Massachusetts slip and fall lawyer with GED Lawyers can help you seek compensation from the property owner. We can talk with you for free during a case consultation to see if we can help you with financial recovery.
Recoverable Slip and Fall Damages in Massachusetts
Our Massachusetts slip and fall lawyer can review your accident and determine how much compensation you could request from the liable party.
These damages cover the monetary damages you must pay, such as:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of reasonable care for the duration of your injury-related care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Lost income and work benefits, during your recovery and in the future
- Property loss or property damage
- Other accident- and injury-related losses
To prove the value of these losses, our injury lawyers can use receipts, invoices, and other documents to prove the financial value of these losses.
These are non-monetary damages our slip and fall lawyer can assess after your accident in Massachusetts. They include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Scarring, disfigurement
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of companionship
We can also seek to recover wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one in a slip and fall injury. If you win your case, these damages can help you pay the deceased’s funeral and burial expenses, final medical bills, and more. We can review these with you during a free case consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Massachusetts, call (561) 995-1966
GED Lawyers Can Help With Your Slip and Fall Case
Injured people often feel overwhelmed at the thought of taking legal action while they’re still recovering from their injuries. Yet, the financial cost of an accident can leave you with no choice but to file your case. With our help, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal process.
Here are some of the services we offer to accident victims:
- Investigating the cause of your accident. The cause of your fall may point to the liable party in your case. For example, if you fell because of cracked pavement, this is likely a result of the owner or property manager’s negligence to repair hazardous conditions.
- Filing your case. Personal injury claims and lawsuits require a lot of paperwork. We can handle all of your case-related paperwork, making sure to file according to the legal deadlines and regulations.
- Negotiating for your compensation. Whether we negotiate with the insurance company or present your case before a judge or jury, we will present a complete picture of your losses and fight for what you deserve.
- Using evidence to support your case. We will gather documentation not only to demonstrate the severity of your losses but also to support your future financial needs. By consulting with experts, we can estimate how much you might need for medical care, so your needs are accounted for in your settlement or verdict.
- Communicating with the at-fault party. You’ve got a lot on your plate. You shouldn’t have to keep up with phone calls and emails. Not to mention, insurance companies are notorious for manipulating accident victims into accepting fault. We can shield you from these tactics and the burden of this kind of communication.
- Answering your questions and concerns. Our team will keep you updated on the status of your case. When you have questions, we have answers. Your peace of mind is important to us during this process.
We know how hard it can be to move forward when you’re struggling with day-to-day issues after an accident. Our law firm will do its best to alleviate these worries and burdens and support you throughout your case.
Massachusetts Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Examples of Massachusetts Slip and Fall Cases
If you’re unsure whether your circumstances constitute grounds for a slip and fall case, here are some examples. Possible causes aren’t limited to these, but this should give you an idea. If you’re still unsure, you can discuss your accident’s circumstances with one of our Massachusetts injury attorneys during a free case evaluation.
If you slipped on a wet floor in an area of a business that customers can access, and there was no “wet floor” sign around, that could be grounds for a premises liability lawsuit. If you tripped because of an uneven floor that isn’t up to code, you could sue the liable party for damages. If you fell on a staircase that didn’t have a railing, that also could prompt a lawsuit.
Again, these are just a few examples, but if you fell in a business or public place because they weren’t up to code, then you may have a case.
Negligence Causes Many Slip and Fall Accidents
Of course, these accidents aren’t caused by any malicious intent on the part of the business owner. They almost certainly didn’t want you to fall or hurt yourself, but that doesn’t mean they are free of responsibility.
When someone fails to make their business safe for the public when they can do so, that can be considered negligent behavior. Businesses are still responsible for their negligence, even if they do not comply with safety regulations.
Click to contact our Massachusetts Personal Injury Lawyers today
We Can Take on the Insurance Company for You After a Slip and Fall in Massachusetts
Whether you’re filing a case to take on a business that wasn’t up to code and caused your fall, or your insurance company withholds the payment you need, recovering from an injury can make recovery much more challenging. Treating an injury can take up much of your time as you’re potentially going to different doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, and the pharmacy to pick up prescription medicines.
The physical and emotional toll it can take on you makes it harder to take on a corporation in a legal battle. Our Massachusetts slip and fall lawyer can take your legal matters and worry about your case, giving you more time and energy to recover. We can handle all calls and talk with the liable party’s insurer. All the stress and minute details of filing a case would be off your plate, freeing you up to spend more time living your life and working toward getting back to normal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Massachusetts Statute of Limitations for Slip and Fall Cases
You have a limited time to initiate a personal injury lawsuit for damages. The statutes of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death in Massachusetts are both three years, according to Mass. Gen. Laws Chapter 260 § 2A and Mass. Gen. Laws Ann. Chapter 229 § 2, respectively.
If you fell because of a faulty product, for example, a ladder that you bought that didn’t properly lock into place, then that could also be grounds for a product liability suit. The statute of limitations for these cases is also three years, according to Mass. Gen. Laws Chapter 260 § 2A.
We urge you to act as soon as you can to protect your right to sue. Once the statute of limitations deadline runs out, you lose your opportunity to recover compensation through the courts.
Are You Concerned About Affording a Lawyer for a Slip and Fall Accident?
Many injury victims worry about legal costs, mainly because they are already dealing with recovery physically and financially from a costly accident. We take our clients’ cases on contingency, meaning they pay us nothing upfront for us to seek recovery for them.
If we win their case, we take an agreed-upon percentage of their insurance settlement or court award as our payment. If we don’t win their case, they owe us nothing. If you have questions about costs or our payment arrangement, we can talk with you more about it during your free case consultation.
We Can Start on Your Massachusetts Slip and Fall Injury Case Now
A Massachusetts personal injury attorney with GED Lawyers is ready to talk with you about your situation during a free initial consultation. We have two Massachusetts locations, one in Rehoboth and one in Middleton, so you can come to the office that is convenient for you. Call us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Our legal team will review your situation and offer counsel that can help you make the decision that’s best for you.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form