Motorcycle accidents can produce critical injuries for riders in Massachusetts. If you have suffered financial, emotional, or psychological trauma as a result of your collision, you may have the right to recover compensation for your losses.
Get a free consultation with Ged Lawyers and learn how a Massachusetts personal injury lawyer can help. You deserve peace of mind after your wreck. We pursue a settlement or judgment that gets you the money you need to pay for medical treatment, replace your lost wages, and compensate you for your pain and suffering. Call us now to get started.
Motorcyclists Deserve Full Compensation for Their Injuries
Motorcycle riders may suffer severe, catastrophic injuries when involved in car accidents. With that in mind, you should note that your injuries do not need to be life-threatening for you to have grounds for a motorcycle accident claim. If you were hurt in a motorcycle crash, a Massachusetts motorcycle accident lawyer at our firm can help you take legal action to recover the losses you endured.
Some of the most common injuries that motorcyclists suffer in wrecks include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Emotional injuries
Getting Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists injured by negligent drivers deserve damages, and our Massachusetts motorcycle accident attorneys will build your case to demonstrate your specific losses and expenses.
Your legal claim should account for how your injuries have affected your life. Recoverable damages in motorcycle accident claims and lawsuits may include:
- Medical expenses and future medical care
- Loss of income while recovering from injuries
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot work or take a lower-paying job because of your injuries
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages like funeral and burial expenses, if applicable
Our personal injury attorneys will create a detailed list of your post-accident expenses and losses and build a case to demonstrate the at-fault party’s liability for your medical treatment, lost wages, and additional damages.
Proving Liability and Negligence in Massachusetts Motorcycle Accident Claims
Your motorcycle accident case must show that someone else’s negligence or wrongful acts caused your motorcycle accident and injuries. The elements of negligence that all motorcycle liability cases must meet include:
- Duty of care – the other driver had a duty to drive safely and not put others in danger of accidents.
- Breach of duty – the other driver violated their duty of care by driving recklessly or carelessly.
- Causation – the other driver’s reckless or careless actions caused your accident and injuries.
- Damages – you suffered losses because of your accident and injuries.
In many motorcycle accident cases, negligence by a driver in another vehicle causes the collision. Some examples of unsafe driving practices include:
- Driving over the speed limit
- Failure to yield
- Failure to check blind spots
- Making illegal turns
- Failure to stop
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Road rage
- Following too closely
- Failure to use a turn signal
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Violating traffic laws
- Hit and run accidents
However, there are also cases where malfunctioning vehicle parts and hazardous roads cause motorcycle wrecks. Depending on the circumstances of your case, other parties who could share liability for your injuries may include:
- The other driver’s employer
- Government agencies and officials
- Organizations responsible for road safety and maintenance
- Auto parts manufacturers
- Other third parties
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Massachusetts from Ged Lawyers will help you sort out liability and prove the defendant is responsible for your injuries and losses. Let our legal team handle the heavy lifting so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
What to Expect From the Motorcycle Accident Claims Process
If you are hesitant about moving forward with your Massachusetts motorcycle accident claim, you are not alone. In fact, many victims of motorcycle accidents are concerned that the claims process will be exhausting. But Ged Lawyers goes above and beyond to make the process as simple as possible.
Here is a general idea of how our team helps you with motorcycle accident claims in Massachusetts:
- Manage all claims and legal filings for you, so you can focus on recovering and spending time with your family. We’ll also make sure you file your case on time so you do not exceed the statute of limitations.
- Retrieve important documents and evidence to establish fault and liability, such as police reports, photographs, eyewitness statements, and other relevant materials. Our team does the legwork so we’re able to present a full and compelling case.
- Work with medical experts and other specialists who can speak to your long-term injuries, limitations, and treatment needs, as well as how your injuries will affect your ability to work in the future.
- Keep you updated on your case. We know the aftermath of an accident is stressful, made only worse by waiting for responses from insurance companies and other parties involved in your case. Our team answers your questions and provides regular updates, so you never feel disconnected from your case.
- Negotiate for fair compensation that covers your full short- and long-term losses. If we cannot reach a fair settlement, we are prepared to take your case to trial if that’s what it takes.
You should note that every case is different. Many people reach a successful resolution through an out-of-court settlement. Others will need to take their case to trial to make sure they get the money they need to get medical attention and cover all their long-term losses. You can find out more about how to best approach your case when you talk to your Massachusetts motorcycle accident attorney.
Put Our Motorcycle Accident Team to Work on Your Case Sooner Rather Than Later
You generally have three years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit. Families also generally have three years from the date of the loss of a loved one to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
While certain circumstances may toll the statute of limitations, it’s best to act as quickly as possible to bring your case. If you miss the deadline, you could be unable to recover the compensation you need to cover your injury-related expenses and losses.
Reach Out to a Massachusetts Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Ged Lawyers for Help
The motorcycle accident claims process does not need to be intimidating. When you are ready to hold the liable party accountable for your injuries but are unsure how to get started on your case, our firm is here to help.
A motorcycle accident attorney at Ged Lawyers can get to work on your case today. Call us for your no-cost, risk-free consultation.