If your home or business sustained damage during a fire, you likely want to repair the harm done and return to your property as soon as possible. However, securing the financial resources to do so can be difficult if your property insurer refuses to compensate you fairly.
If you suffered fire damage, a West Palm Beach property damage attorney with Ged Lawyers can fight for you. We will prove the value of your losses and aggressively pursue a fair settlement while you focus on getting your life back on track. Our fire damage claims lawyer can navigate your case in West Palm Beach, giving you time to spend with your family and focus on your well-being.
Compensation You Can Recover With a Fire Damage Claim in West Palm Beach
Fire and smoke damage can wreak havoc on a building and its contents. Fortunately, most standard homeowners insurance policies and commercial insurance policies cover losses caused by fire.
Our West Palm Beach fire damage claims lawyers can help you document, value, and pursue a fair property insurance claim for the following losses:
- Structural damage. This portion of your insurance policy pays to repair or rebuild your property. Covered building components usually include roofs, walls, windows, flooring, and electrical, plumbing, heating, and cooling systems. Structural coverage also usually extends to other buildings on the property, such as garages, sheds, and gazebos.
- Damaged personal items and building contents. Fires can cause extensive damage to personal belongings because smoke, soot, and ash can destroy property as effectively as the fire itself. We can help you pursue compensation to replace your furniture, appliances, clothing, decor, art, collectibles, and other personal items.
- Additional living expenses (ALEs). ALE coverage pays for costs related to vacating your home, including restaurant meals, hotel bills, laundry services, and pet boarding fees.
- Commercial losses. If your fire damage claim involves a business, your commercial property insurance may cover other damages, such as loss of operations or spoiled stock.
In addition to property damage claims, our law firm assists clients harmed by negligence or wrongdoing. If your fire was another party’s fault, our personal injury lawyers can help you prove they are liable for your damages, including compensation for bodily injuries or wrongful death.
Does Property Insurance Cover All Fires?
Most property insurance policies cover fires caused by the following:
- Gas leaks
- Power surges
- Cooking or grease
- Electrical issues
- Heating problems
- Lightning strikes
Reasons your insurer may deny your fire damage claim include the following:
- Your insurance does not apply to fire damage
- Your insurance company believes you (or someone else) intentionally set the fire
- Your insurer does not believe your damages resulted from the fire in question but occurred at an earlier date
- A property defect or lack of maintenance (such as a failure to clean chimneys) caused the fire
Our West Palm Beach Fire Damage Claims Attorney Will Protect Your Rights
Getting the compensation owed for your property damages is sometimes easier said than done. Insurance companies are businesses, and they increase their profits when they keep payouts low. Plus, not all insurers operate in good faith.
Our West Palm Beach fire damage claims attorneys can prove you deserve a settlement and negotiate with your insurer to secure appropriate compensation under your policy. We can:
- Review your property insurance policy and explain the specific details of your coverage
- Document and photograph your fire damages
- Calculate your financial losses and prove the value of your claim using bills, receipts, and estimates
- Investigate the cause of your fire damage and prove it resulted from a covered issue
- Draft and file your insurance claim and related paperwork
- Handle claim-related phone calls, emails, and meetings
- Aggressively negotiate for a fair settlement
- Defend you from bad-faith insurance tactics
- Appeal denied or underpaid claims
- Pursue your losses with a lawsuit in civil court if necessary
We Handle All Types of Property Damage Cases in West Palm Beach
Your fire damage could be part of a larger property damage claim. Ged Lawyers provides legal help if you have losses caused by:
- A hurricane or windstorm
- Severe rain or hail
- An explosion
- Theft or vandalism
- Falling objects
- Defective construction
Our attorneys will fight your case for you to help you seek fair compensation. We know taking on an insurance provider isn’t easy, which is why we help property owners manage their claims.
Steps You Should Take to Protect Your Fire Damage Claim
There are several things you should do to protect your property and your claim for compensation after a fire:
- Notify your insurance company immediately. Contact your insurance adjuster and inform them as soon as possible about your fire and forthcoming claim.
- Protect your property from further damage. When it is safe to return to your home or business, make emergency repairs to protect the property from further damage caused by weather, theft, or vandalism. Keep a record of the repair costs.
- Document your fire damage. Take pictures or video of the damages caused to your building and its contents. Clean up damaged personal property, but save the items, if possible, as evidence for your claim.
- Consider contacting an attorney. The sooner you reach out to our firm, the sooner our property damage insurance lawyers can get to work for you. We can do the work needed to build your claim so you can focus on your family and move forward. Engaging an attorney early in the process may also help you avoid common insurance claim pitfalls that could slow down the settlement process.
How Long Do You Have to Claim Fire Damages With Your Insurer?
According to Florida Statutes § 627.70132, you have one year to file a new or reopened property damage claim. You have 18 months to file a supplemental claim. Your insurer may refuse to pay your settlement if you do not pursue compensation within the deadlines.
If we must take legal action to get the awards you deserve, we can file a lawsuit against your insurance company, but there are legal statutes of limitations that will apply. Our legal team can tell you more and help you get started before it is too late.
Contact Ged Lawyers for a Free Consultation and Learn About Our Property Damage Claims Attorneys
Contact Ged Lawyers today to begin your case with a no-obligation, no-cost consultation. Our West Palm Beach fire damages claims lawyers can assist you for nothing upfront or out of pocket. Our contingency-fee agreement means you only pay for services once we obtain compensation for you.
We are dedicated to protecting our clients from bad-faith insurance practices and securing the financial compensation they need. Call today to get started with us.