When a hurricane causes damage to your home, car, or business, the last thing you want to deal with is an insurance claim. The claims process is supposed to help you recover the money you need but is rarely straightforward. Our West Palm Beach property damage lawyer at Ged Lawyers can review the terms of your policy to help you recover damages.
Depending on the type of insurance policies you pay for, you may be able to get financial support for property damages you suffered. You can leave it to our disaster recovery lawyer in West Palm Beach to fight your case.
What a Hurricane Property Damage Attorney Does for Cases in West Palm Beach
If any of your property sustained damage in a hurricane, you’re probably feeling overwhelmed. Luckily, our law firm can handle the claims process on your behalf. With Ged Lawyers on your side, you can leave the following tasks to your attorney:
- Reviewing the terms of the insurance policy you purchased
- Helping you record proof of your recoverable damages
- Answering any questions you have
- Appealing a denied claim, if necessary, in your case
- Communicating with the insurance company
- Advising you on how to speak with insurers if you need to
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
Our hurricane damage claim lawyers know that talking to insurance adjusters is tricky. We won’t let the insurance company offer you a lower settlement than you deserve.
Former Clients Leave Positive Reviews for Our Legal Team Serving West Palm Beach
After hiring Ged Lawyers, former clients were happy with the results we secured for them. They say:
- “I was struggling trying to deal with our insurance company to obtain proper reimbursement from them for damages we suffered from after Hurricane Ian. I felt defeated! I hired Ged Lawyers to take over the claim and things are now starting to advance accordingly, finally I feel we can expect to be treated fairly!!! I’m confident with the guidance Ged is providing us and hopefully the insurance company will stop treating us unfairly!” – Alan
- “Excellent intake and discussion about the process.” – John
- “I want thank Maria colon and her amazing team for all their support, time and help that they’ve done for me. Highly recommend them.” – Cathy
You can learn more about what our team can do for you when you reach out for your free initial consultation.
The Damages You Can Recover After a Hurricane in West Palm Beach Depend on the Details of Your Insurance Policy
Generally, victims of hurricane damage can seek compensation through their homeowner’s insurance policy. Most homeowners insurance policies cover the following types of losses, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III):
- Damage to the structure of your property caused by a hurricane, fire, hail, lightning, or any other natural disaster outlined in the terms of your policy
- Damage to a detached garage or gazebo
- Loss of personal items like clothing or furniture inside your home or off-premises
- Loss of jewelry, art, collectible items, and silver
- Additional living expenses, such as hotel costs and restaurant expenses, if you cannot live in your home because of damage a hurricane caused
In general, your homeowner’s insurance policy likely won’t cover damage caused by:
- Standard wear and tear
Even if you are not in a flood zone, your home may be vulnerable to this type of damage, and you should consider purchasing a separate flood insurance policy. Our firm will review your policy and determine your recoverable losses.
Your Insurance Policy May Cover Damage to Your Car
Although standard personal injury protection (PIP) insurance won’t pay for car damage caused by a hurricane, you may have purchased a policy that pays for hurricane damage.
Our property damage claim lawyers can help you determine whether you purchased comprehensive insurance coverage, which may pay for damages caused by:
- Trees, tree branches, or other hurricane debris falling on your car
- Rocks that damage your car
- Windshield damage
If your car suffered any damage from a hurricane in West Palm Beach, you have options to recover a fair settlement.
You Have Legal Options Even If Your West Palm Beach Hurricane Claim Is Denied
Having your insurance claim denied after suffering property damage in a hurricane is discouraging. Our team can appeal a denied claim for damages to help you and your family remain financially afloat after a natural disaster. To appeal a denied claim, we will:
- Gather additional evidence to support your claim
- Submit more photos of all the damage to your property to prove the storm caused it
- Speak to a contractor about how much money the insurance company should pay you for the losses you suffered
- Help you file a lawsuit for compensation if the insurance company won’t offer you a fair settlement
- Keep track of all communication with insurance adjusters
Don’t give up hope if your hurricane property damage claim is denied. Our property damage lawyer can work with the insurance company or file a lawsuit to reach a fair settlement.
Call Ged Lawyers for Guidance Through the Hurricane Property Damage Claims Process
If a hurricane in West Palm Beach damaged your home, car, or business, your insurance policy may cover all your losses. Our firm will investigate your case and help you file a claim or appeal a claim denial.
Be sure to get started on your claim right away, as there may be deadlines that apply to your case. Call us today to speak with a member of our team during a free initial consultation. We’re available to take your call 24/7.