Propane tank explosions can result in catastrophic or deadly consequences for victims and their families. If you or someone you know suffered injuries in such an incident, a Boca Raton propane tank explosion lawyer at GED Lawyers can help you recover compensation.
Our law firm provides a free consultation so you can explore your legal options. We want to learn everything about your story, including how your injuries happened. There’s no obligation to partner with us when you call; just an opportunity to learn about your rights.
We Have Three Decades as Compassionate Advocates and Litigators
For nearly three decades, GED Lawyers has represented injury clients throughout Florida. Our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers comprise award-winning litigators who not only have experience battling insurance companies but working for them as well. We use our prior knowledge of insurance practices to build cases that demand compensation for our clients.
We’re not just litigators; we’re compassionate advocates for the injured. It’s our duty to amplify the voices of those injured to make sure that they’re not bearing the cost of someone else’s negligence on their own.
For a free legal consultation with a propane tank explosion lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (561) 995-1966
Our Propane Tank Explosion Lawyers Have Recovered Millions
The injury attorneys at our law firm serving Boca Raton have recovered millions of dollars for clients throughout our history. That includes a $6.5 million settlement in a gas tank explosion. Our law firm is committed to recovering maximum compensation in your case and protecting your rights.
Boca Raton Propane Tank Explosion Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Damages You Can Recover in a Propane Gas Explosion Case
Under the law, victims injured due to the negligence of others can recover both economic and non-economic damages. Your damages may vary based on the specifics of your case, but generally, the more severe your injuries and losses, the higher your damages may be.
Our Boca Raton Lawyers Can Seek Economic Damages
Our lawyers can determine your economic losses from the propane tank explosion. These losses have an express dollar value and are usually documented through bills, receipts, invoices, or other documentation.
A Boca propane tank explosion attorney can help you recover compensation for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Home property damage
- Replacement household services
- Travel cost for medical care
- Mental health therapy
Your Claim Could Include Non-Economic Damages
Propane tank explosions can leave victims with emotional injuries that do not have inherent monetary values. A Boca injury lawyer can assess these types of losses, as well. We calculate them, so you understand what a fair settlement offer looks like.
Compensable non-economic damages in a propane gas tank explosion include:
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Burns, scars, and disfigurement
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Diminished quality of life
- Reduced enjoyment of activities
- Additional intangible losses
Click to contact our Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers today
Recovering Damages in a Propane Explosion Wrongful Death Claim
If you lost someone you love due to a propane tank explosion, your family could recover compensation through a wrongful death claim under Florida Statutes § 768.21. Our dedicated injury lawyers can seek damages that cover:
- Final arrangement expenses, such as a funeral and burial
- Lost income
- Loss of consortium, companionship, guidance, or protection
- Loss of household services
- Emotional pain and suffering, such as grief and depression
Wrongful deaths are often preventable. We can help you hold the negligent party accountable for their lack of care. A Boca Raton propane tank explosion attorney can explain your rights during a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Propane Explosion Lawyer Will Handle Everything
Filing an injury claim while you’re trying to recover from injuries can be stressful. Our Boca Raton law firm exists to alleviate this burden. We want you to put your case in our hands and focus on recuperating. A propane tank explosion lawyer on our team will handle everything, such as:
- Investigating the circumstances of the explosion to find the cause
- Determining the liable parties and proving that negligence led to the accident
- Gathering evidence, including medical bills, photos or videos of your injuries, police reports, and witness statements
- Managing communications with the insurer and other parties
- Working to negotiate a fair settlement offer with the insurance
- Filing a lawsuit to recover fair compensation
- Preparing for trial and fighting for you in court
- Keeping you updated on your case’s status
The Legal Deadline for Filing a Propane Tank Explosion Lawsuit in Florida
Your propane tank explosion attorney in Boca Raton will file your case before the statute of limitations expires. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), injury victims generally have four years to file a lawsuit against a negligent party responsible for their damages.
If you are pursuing a wrongful death case, the state grants two years from the date of the decedent’s passing seek compensation in court. We encourage you to contact our injury firm as soon as possible. If you miss the filing deadline, you could lose the right to sue.
How Do Propane Tank Explosions Happen?
Propane is colorless, odorless gas used to heat homes, power stoves and grills for cooking, or run swimming pools and generators. It is a low-carbon fuel that burns cleaner than both natural gas and oil, which is why many people prefer it. However, it can also pose a safety risk.
Propane turns into a liquid inside the tank and is flammable when it commingles with oxygen and encounters high temperatures. High heat causes the liquid in the tank to expand rapidly. As pressure builds, the tank explodes if it is not released quickly enough by the safety valve. Experts call this a BLEVE, a “boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion.” Potential causes of a propane tank explosion include:
- The tank valve is left open, allowing gas to escape
- An improperly hooked-up propane tank
- A propane tank sitting in the sun or too close to a heat source
- Failure to maintain and inspect the condition of the tank (tanks should be inspected for broken parts or punctures)
- Negligent cargo shipping
- Loose or defective parts, recalled propane cylinders, over-filled tanks, or defective odorant that failed to alert victims of a leak
Our propane tank explosion lawyers in Boca Raton can determine the cause of your accident and identify who is responsible. A manufacturer, transporter, the host of a gathering, or a maintenance company are just a few potential liable parties that we may look into.
Ged Lawyers Can Protect Your Right to Compensation
If you suffered serious injuries in a propane tank explosion, let GED Lawyers fight for you. Our Boca Raton propane tank explosion lawyers are here to help you through this difficult time and protect your rights to fair compensation. Call us today for a free case review.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form