Being ejected from a vehicle during a car accident is a scary thing, and it happens more often than people think.
Any car accident can cause serious injuries, but some of the most catastrophic are likely to result from vehicle ejections. The injuries that result from a person being thrown from a vehicle can include head injuries, amputations, and even death. These injuries typically remain with an accident victim for the rest of his or her life and are very expensive to treat. Accident victims can claim damages for these traumatic injuries, but the process is complex. A Florida personal injury attorney can help expedite the process and get you the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation, call (561) 995-1966
Common Causes of Vehicle Ejections
In most cases when a person is ejected from a vehicle, it is due to the negligent actions of another person. The negligent party may be another driver or a manufacturing company that produced a defective product. The most common causes of vehicle ejections include:
- Defective car door latches: When a latch on a car door does not adequately lock, it can open at any time. This can cause a person sitting inside the vehicle to be ejected from the vehicle at any time, and it is especially likely in the event of an accident with another vehicle.
- Excessive speed: Speeding does not only cause many accidents in Boca Raton, it also increases their severity. When a car is hit by another vehicle with great force, a number of things can occur that cause someone to be ejected from the vehicle.
- Windows that are easily broken: Car windows must be strong and sturdy. When they are not, they can break easily and cause a person to be thrown through them in the event of an accident, or even something as small as a rock hitting the window.
- Defective seat belts: In some cases, a window may break or a door may open, but because a person inside the car is wearing a seat belt, he or she remains safe. When seat belts are defective, they do not provide adequate protection and so, a person can easily be thrown from a car.
- Defective car seats: Both car seats meant for babies and children as well as the seats of the car meant for adults can be defective. When this is the case, a person is not secured in the car and faces the risk of being thrown from the car.
These common causes of vehicle ejections can cause anyone to be thrown from a car during any type of accident.
Common Injuries After a Vehicle Ejection
There are many different types of injuries a person may face after being ejected from a vehicle. The most common of these include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Severe lacerations
- Organ damage
- Multiple broken bones
- Limbs that are crushed or amputated at the scene
- Internal bleeding
When accident victims suffer from these injuries, it is important they understand that there is help available. A personal injury attorney can help anyone claim the compensation they need to recover as best as possible.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Injured from a Vehicle Ejection? Our Florida Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
No one should ever have to suffer from the serious injuries that result from vehicle ejection caused by another person’s negligence. If you have experienced this and are now trying to recover from a serious injury, call our experienced Boca Raton personal injury lawyers at Ged Lawyers, LLP. Our qualified lawyers will work hard to prove someone else was liable for the accident that caused your injuries, and we will build a strong case to give you the best chance of a successful outcome. Call us today at (561) 995-1966 or contact us online to schedule your free case review.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form