If you or someone you love sustained injury because of a negligent driver, you could recover compensation by filing a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Our pedestrian accident lawyer will review the details of your case at no cost. We also explain the state and local laws that affect your case and explore every option for financial compensation.
At GED Lawyers, we help you recover the costs of your medical bills, lost income, and other damages. In addition, we take care of everything from evidence collection to settlement negotiation. Then, we’ll value your case accurately and file it on time. Finally, we never stop fighting for you to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
What It Means to Have Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Represent You
The GED Lawyers team knows the challenges in building a compelling pedestrian accident case. We also understand how state and local law can affect your case. To ensure it meets all legal parameters and gets the attention to detail it needs, we will:
- Investigate all aspects of your accident.
- Interview lay and expert witnesses.
- Obtain and review your medical records.
- Request your official police report.
- Handle all case-related communication.
- Identify and consult expert witnesses.
We provide you with ongoing updates on the progress of your case. We also fight hard to negotiate an acceptable settlement that lets you start putting your life back together.
We Interpret and Comply With the Statute of Limitations
You can recover compensation from the at-fault party with an out-of-court settlement or a jury verdict after a trial. However, while most cases like yours settle without going to court, if your case does require a lawsuit and trial, its filing must comply with the state’s statute of limitations.
In general, Florida Statutes § 95.11 gives you four years from the accident date to file your personal injury lawsuit. It also generally gives your family up to two years to file its wrongful death lawsuit.
If the statute of limitations expires, you will be unable to file your lawsuit and could lose the legal ability to pursue compensation. So, you want to give your legal team time to file your potential lawsuit within the allotted time.
Our Investigation Will Create a Compelling Evidence File
Most personal injury cases settle out of court—especially when the weight of the accumulated evidence indicates negligence. So, to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence, we compile the following evidence:
- The accident report contains critical contact details, describes the accident scene, and documents its causes and contributing factors.
- Medical records, future prognosis, and bills outlining your injuries, what caused them, and their short- and long-term costs.
- Employment and salary records documenting your income loss, including full- and part-time income.
- Rehabilitation and therapy records establishing the extent of your injuries and recovery time.
- Accident scene details, such as photos, accident reconstruction reports, and dashcam, security, and surveillance footage.
We also locate any accident witnesses as soon as possible to secure their statements while their memories are vivid. So, leave the daunting task of evidence collection to us so you can focus on getting better.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Florida and Massachusetts, call (561) 995-1966
Commonly Reported Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
We conduct an independent investigation to get to the bottom of your accident and its causes. We aim to understand precisely what happened and ensure the at-fault driver, not you, are held financially responsible. Negligence in your pedestrian accident case can stem from the following:
- Driver inattention
- Road and weather conditions
- Driver distraction
- Speeding or recklessness
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
Our investigative team will uncover the cause of your accident and collect, organize, and submit a comprehensive case file that proves it.
In addition, no one should forego legal service and support when they need it most out of concern for its costs. Thus, our personal injury lawyer will accept your case on a contingency fee basis. Our fee structure means you pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs and will not owe us legal fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Recover the Costs of Diagnosing and Treating Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Because pedestrians are largely unprotected from the impact of a collision with a vehicle, you or your loved one are much likelier to sustain severe injuries. These injuries can sometimes change your physical appearance and create long-term, sometimes permanent, consequences.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, pedestrian versus vehicle accidents led to 104,000 trips to emergency rooms in 2020. In addition to emergency medical care at the accident scene and in hospitals, medical costs could include ongoing physical therapy and rehabilitation after a pedestrian accident.
Additional Damages Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Recovers for You
When we assess your recoverable damages, we will not overlook or omit any reasonable expenses or losses. In addition, we collect the receipts, estimates, and other documents that prove the value of your recoverable damages:
- Economic damages: Current and future medical bills, lost wages, treatment-related travel expenses, property damage or destruction, and diminished property value.
- Noneconomic damages: The effect of lasting disabilities, physical disfigurement, ongoing pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death damages: Your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses, loss of their financial and domestic contributions, and loss of consortium and companionship.
We work hard to assign an accurate monetary value to your pedestrian accident case. In addition, our case assessment team will ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
Florida and Massachusetts Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
Call 24/7 for a Free Review of Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Were you or someone you love injured by a negligent driver while walking the streets? If so, our pedestrian accident lawyer can help you prove your right to financial compensation. Thus, when you are ready to hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions, we are prepared to fight by your side. Contact our case review team at GED Lawyers to get started today.
Call or text (561) 995-1966 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form