What Role Does Your Attorney Play in a Lawsuit?
At Ged Lawyers, LLP, our attorneys protect your rights when accidents and injuries occur, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a claim.
Unexpected accidents and catastrophic events can wreck major havoc in your life. In addition to jeopardizing your health, they can result in heavy financial losses and ongoing debts. In cases where another person is at fault or an insurance company is involved, you may be entitled to compensation. At Ged Lawyers, LLP, we provide aggressive legal representation for people who suffer personal injuries and those filing claims over hurricanes, sinkholes, or other types of natural disasters. The following details the important role our attorneys play in handling your case.
Determining Who is Liable in a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), personal injuries are a leading cause of death and disability in Florida and throughout the United States. Among the most common causes include motor vehicle collisions, accidents involving bicyclists, and pedestrians, slips and falls, getting struck by or against injuries, and sports or recreational accidents.
The role of a personal injury attorney is to protect your rights to compensation in these types of cases. We determine who is responsible so they can be held accountable in a claim. Ways we do this include:
- Conducting our own thorough investigation into your case;
- Obtaining police or incident reports;
- Obtaining statements from witnesses;
- Gathering other types of evidence, such as nearby surveillance camera footage;
- Consulting with accident reconstruction experts.
In cases involving natural disasters or other catastrophic events, we review the situation and any insurance policies that may be in place to determine whether a claim can be filed. If insurance is not available or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can take the actions needed to file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Representing You in Legal Proceedings
As experienced Boca Raton civil trial attorneys, we guide you through the often complex process of filing a lawsuit. Under the Florida Statutes, you may be entitled to compensation for injuries, property damages, or other losses you suffer. Our role is to resolve your case in the most efficient way possible while ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements or judgements issued. Legal actions we take on your behalf include:
- Drafting and filing the appropriate legal documents to initiate your lawsuit;
- Going through the process of discovery, which involves obtaining any information or evidence the other party may have in your case;
- Subpoenaing experts and eyewitnesses to testify on your behalf;
- Attending pre-trial conferences in an effort to settle your case out of court;
- Arguing your case in front of a judge or jury if a reasonable settlement cannot be reached;
- Guiding you in enforcement efforts to ensure the amount you are owed is paid.