Get the Facts on Car Accidents in the Miami Metro Area
At Ged Lawyers, LLP., we offer trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation for people involved in car accidents throughout the Miami metro area.
With its abundance of restaurants, shopping, business opportunities, and entertainment options, the Miami metro area is a major destination for people around the world. For residents of Boca Raton and the surrounding communities, trips to Miami are likely to be frequent both for personal and professional reasons. Unfortunately, heavy traffic, reckless drivers, and adverse road or weather conditions are all challenges you are likely to encounter on your trip. More than just an inconvenience, these increase your risk for car accidents and injuries. As experienced Boca Raton auto accident lawyers, we want you to be aware of the potential dangers.
Car Accidents and Injuries in Miami
According to the latest statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), more than 65,000 car accidents occur in Miami-Dade county each year. This is roughly two to three times more collisions than in other major areas throughout the state. Car accidents injure tens of thousands of drivers and passengers in Miami while proving fatal for nearly 300 others. The numbers continue to increase each year and the majority occur in the Miami metro area.
Crash maps from the Miami-Dade Police Department show the highest distributions of car accidents in the city center and branching out into the surrounding vicinities. Among the most common causes of these collisions include:
● Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
● Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals;
● Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, failure to yield, and improper passing;
● Driving distracted, such as using cell phones or texting;
● Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or other substances.
In addition to the reckless behavior of others on the road, weather, road, and traffic conditions can also combine to make car accidents in Miami more likely to occur.
Factors That Increase the Likelihood of Car Accidents in Miami
To protect yourself against Miami car accidents, Miami-Dade County advises checking for road, traffic, and weather conditions before heading into the city or surrounding areas. Unexpected factors that can make driving in the Miami metro area more dangerous include:
● Busy highways and interstates: Miami has major highways such as I-95 running right through the city. Heavy traffic conditions, increased speeds, and visitors unfamiliar with the roads and their exit lanes all increase car accident risks.
● Road construction: Use caution when passing through construction areas. Unexpected stops, merging traffic, and obstacles in the road can all make car crashes more likely to happen.
● Adverse weather: Frequent and sudden heavy downpours impact visibility and make roads slick, reducing your traction. Flooding is common in the Miami metro area, as well. Drivers need to be prepared for unexpected delays and detours.
Contact Boca Raton Auto Accident Lawyers
At Ged Lawyers, LLP., we serve clients throughout Florida, including those who are involved in car crashes in the Miami metro area. To get the compensation you need to recover, contact our Boca Raton auto accident lawyers to schedule a consultation today.