A Lyft accident in Sarasota might entitle you to compensation. A Sarasota Lyft accident lawyer from GED Lawyers will investigate the cause of your accident and seek fair compensation from liable parties.
Depending on the way we seek compensation, you may get coverage for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, property damage, and other losses. Our team of attorneys serving Sarasota will fight for every dollar possible.
Types of Lyft Accidents that May Entitle You to Compensation
There are many types of accidents involving Lyfts, and you may seek compensation if:
- You were driving a vehicle during a collision with a Lyft driver.
- You were riding in a Lyft when another motorist collided with the Lyft vehicle (or your own Lyft driver caused a collision).
- You were a pedestrian struck by a Lyft driver.
- You were a passenger in a vehicle struck by a Lyft driver.
Your personal circumstances may help determine our strategy for your case. You’ll provide your account of the accident, as well as any relevant documentation you have, during our initial meeting about your case.
Who Is Liable for Damages from the Lyft Accident in Sarasota?
This depends on the specific details of your accident. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that drivers are responsible for the vast majority of accidents. In your case, a Lyft driver or another motorist who struck your Lyft could be responsible for your damages.
Lyft drivers have the same duty of care as every other motorist in Sarasota. They must pay attention to the road, remain sober and alert, obey traffic laws, and take reasonable precautions to avoid accidents. If a Lyft driver (or another motorist) didn’t cause your accident, the liable parties could include:
- The City of Sarasota, which is responsible for ensuring safe roadways, functioning traffic signals, and cautious placement of work crews
- Any motor vehicle manufacturer whose product malfunctioned
- A motor vehicle mechanic whose negligence contributed to the accident
- Any pedestrian or bicyclist who contributed to your collision—by darting into the street or changing lanes abruptly, for example
- Any other party whose negligence contributed to your Lyft accident
Our attorneys conduct detailed investigations into each Lyft accident we handle. Rest assured that we’ll identify all parties with legal responsibility for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving Sarasota, call (561) 995-1966
What Are Recoverable Damages for a Lyft Accident in Sarasota?
We’ll need to review your case to identify all of your recoverable damages. Your compensation may also depend on whether we pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit for you. For those who bring a lawsuit, recoverable damages may include:
- Coverage of all accident-related medical care, including emergency transport, ER care, hospitalization, surgery, doctors visits, and rehabilitation
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Pain and suffering, including but not limited to emotional anguish, injury-related pain, lost quality of life, and loss of physical or cognitive abilities
- Repairs for your vehicle
- Replacement for your vehicle, if yours suffered total damage
- Replacement of damaged personal property
A Sarasota lawyer from GED Lawyers will identify any other recoverable damages from your Lyft accident. We know that more losses can emerge in the future, and we’ll work with your doctors and experts to identify what those losses may be—as well as their monetary cost.
Lyft’s Insurance May Help Cover Your Losses
As the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) notes, every motorist in the state must have certain types of auto insurance. Florida is a no-fault insurance state, so your own insurance will cover your medical costs and (if you have collision insurance) property damage up to your coverage limits.
If your losses exceed your coverage limits, though, you may need to access Lyft’s insurance coverage for its drivers. Lyft provides several tiers of third-party insurance coverage, depending on the driver’s status at the time of the accident.
If necessary, GED Lawyers will pursue a claim with Lyft’s insurer.
Sarasota Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (561) 995-1966
GED Lawyers Can Help You After a Lyft Accident in Sarasota
Hiring a personal injury attorney for any motor vehicle accident victim in Sarasota may be well-served. GED Lawyers will be your advocate, and you may choose us to represent you because:
- You have responsibilities—work, family, relationships, and other obligations—that make it difficult for you to handle an insurance claim right now.
- You are recovering from injuries and need all the time you can spare to focus on recovery.
- GED Lawyers focuses heavily on all types of motor vehicle accident cases, including rideshare accidents.
- We will pay all of the upfront costs for your case, only receiving an attorney’s fee if we get a judgment or settlement for you.
Sarasota is one of our primary areas of service. We know how to complete civil cases in the city, and we’ll work hard to complete your case as quickly as possible.
What We Will Do to Pursue Victory in Your Lyft Accident Case
Expect GED Lawyers to take your entire case off of your hands. Our team is prepared to:
- Investigate your accident: We’ll identify negligent parties while collecting and preserving evidence related to your case.
- Document your losses: We’ll consult your doctors, speak with you, and gather physical documentation of your damages. Useful documentation may include medical bills, physicians’ descriptions of your injuries, invoices for vehicle repairs, and proof of lost income.
- Handle the administrative aspects of your case: We’ll lead communications for your case while also completing all necessary paperwork. The accuracy and prompt filing of your case-related paperwork is critical, and we have a large staff who can handle the many details of your case.
- Negotiate a settlement: We may negotiate a settlement with liable parties. This may allow you to obtain fair compensation before a trial becomes necessary.
- Go to trial: Though we often avoid trial by securing a settlement, we eagerly accept the challenge of going to court when it is necessary.
We’ll protect your rights throughout the life of your case. Avoid all the stress of an insurance claim or lawsuit by letting GED Lawyers fight for you.
Call GED Lawyers Today to Complete a Free Consultation in Sarasota
There may be time limits for filing your case, so don’t hesitate to contact our team. A Lyft accident lawyer from our team will start working on your Sarasota case as soon as possible.
There are no obligations when you reach out to our team—get the answers you need with no strings attached. Call GED Lawyers today for your free consultation.